Posted June 24, 2011
My child was there since kindergarten to 5th grade,maybe he had the right teachers but I really like how things was back then,I was call to the school once when my son was in 1rst grade because they thought I was doing my son's homework but they realize my son handwriting was as good as mines,lol. I took my GED test back in 2003 at the School and he came in the class one day and read a word the no one in the class beside the teacher was able to pronounce,so I think the School did a pretty good job with him because he is 10th grade is one or maybe the smartest kids on his class.Thank you to all his Teachers and my GED teacher and you know who you are.

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan 1

Posted June 26, 2009

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan 1

Posted May 29, 2008
I have two children enrolled in this school and I must say I am not pleased. My children are not being challenged and have lost interest in learning. The students are not being properly supervised during lunchtime or recess, and there are very few activities for the children to do. The office staff are very rude and seem to be upset all the time for no reason, and offer no resources for parents. After this year my children will no longer be attending this school. One positive thing I can say about the school is they do have good teachers that do their best given their circumstances.

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan 0

Posted July 27, 2007
As a parent of two kids who are now going to first and fourth grade I found it a challange to find the right teacherfor my son who then was in K. there was lack of accountability of teacher atendace. the school staff are helpful in many ways. My third grade daughter finished very well with science and reading awards which the school holds regularly to aknowledge student achiements. this is a community school ranging from pre-k to 5th grade presently.

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan 4

Posted June 29, 2007
Hi, me and my sisters were students @ 102 and now all our children attend this school.All my kids graduated kindergarten knowing how to read.Which is not only due to the dedication of our teachers, but we as parents have to help @ home also.That's where it all begins.The only thing I'd like to add is the staff @ the main office should have a nicer attitude.

Posted September 18, 2006
my daughter is in the first grade this year. For her kindergarten year and this year so far, I am very satisfied with this school. as a matter of fact, i received a call from a magnet school i applied, and i turned it down for now, because she is doing very well where she is now.

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan 2

Posted January 30, 2006
- a administrator
My son attended this school and I had to pull him out because he couldn't read a word in second grade. The teachers lacked dedication and interest. Many of the children were poorly behaved and distracted the class.

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan 3

Posted June 26, 2005

Posted November 08, 2003

Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan
1827 Archer St, Bronx, NY  10460
Last modified Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 102 Joseph O Loretan Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top