Bad
Good

This school offers a structured environment for young students that fosters a love for learning. The school staff is caring and instills a level of trust with the parents. I love this this and for these reasons, i am voting for PS106X.

I noticed several of the negative reviews are three years old. I think much has changed over the years. I moved to the Bronx in 2007 and enrolled both my boys one in the 3rd grade and the other in kindergarten. I am very pleased with the school. I think 106 is doing wonderful and the staff that I have met are dedicated and committed to helping the children succeed. (Thanks Ms. Ortiz, Scott & Leder) What I like: 1. The Hundred Book Challenge 2. The Stars Reward What can improve? The school administrators welcome of parents/guardians. For schools to succeed parents must be involved and not just through letters but allowing and encouraging parents to visit schools. I think they should have parents either teach for a day or do career day this would really re-enforce the partnership between school and home

I believe in public school system, but I'm learning that it's probably the best for my child. In this school is always something. I think from what I was reading here that is negative is absolutelly true multiply 5 times. I child is above average and is bored in class and is beeing constantly punished for that and my child is not getting anything out of it. I'm working with the teacher to better this situation. The teacher is open to help, so I hope it will get better.

I am a student here and it is the best structure i ever had. If you don't know [something] they break it down.

I was happy at first when my son started 1st grade, last year. He had a wonderful teacher(Mrs. Edwards)and I was very happy. This year my 5 year old started kindergarten and to my disappointment he was housed at the junior high school MS127 on Castle Hill. I was very unhappy about this situation because I don't feel kindergarten children should be housed in the same school as 15 year old kids. There language and the way they play and act is not what a 5 year old should be exposed to. I even sent a letter to the school chancellor, but to this day i have received no response. Academically I think it's good, but can improve in some ways.

This school is so unorganized and so unsafe when it comes to the childrens saftey at dismissal.

Well I think P.S 106 is an excellent school. I have 4 children and 2 out of 4 of my children have already attended P.S 106 already. I'm just waiting for the other's to attend but socially it's a great school. Never had trouble with getting in contact with Principle or deans. They always put children first. The education is first at P.S 106 and my child always comes home learning something new. Acedemiclly it's the best school by far over here at the borough of the Bronx. Thank You. Sincerly Your's Miss Milagros Aviles. Child's name is Bianca Ramos. Her Class is 2-213- Her Teacher's Are Mr.Hickey And Mr.Ferri as she says the best teacher's in the world.

Last modified Ps 106 Parkchester is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.