Bronx, NY

Posted October 09, 2014
This school has dedicated staff...from the principal to the teachers to the lunch aids to the secretary. There is a bond among the staff that shines through to its care of their students. It is safe and the education is top notch. I have three kids that have attended this school. The only draw back is it goes to 5th grade.

Posted June 13, 2014
PS108 is a great school. My daughter has attended this school since kinder and we were always happy about the teachers including principal and the programs such as summer camp to a farm, project boost, sicence fair, and etc. that the school has developed. All the teachers (as far as we expericenced) were fair and nice to the kids with a reasonable levels of strictness. I would give more stars only if I can. I believe this school has to be rated as 9 if not 10.

Posted February 21, 2014
This school has been robbed a true progress card rating because some wrote their own dissatisfaction in the school survey instead of going to administration. They should have an A rating because they are a well developed school. Teachers truly have the children's best interest in their successes and aim toward getting the best scores on the state tests they can. All the teachers including the physical education teacher integrate their subjects to enhance the children's education. This school is rich in educational resources to help children that need it. The principal has an open door policy that I have needed on several occasions and was never turned away. The lunch aides are there a long time and also know the kids by first name along with their likes and dislikes. The lunch staff cook up a nutritious lunch urging kids to use the salad bar and eat their fresh fruit and veggies. The custodians work day so the school is always a very clean and safe environment. I know these things because I am parent of a child in the fourth grade. This school has a very active PTA and the Parent Coordinator is such a great asset to the school and willing to help parents at any time.

Ps 108 Philip J Abinanti 4

Posted September 25, 2013
Love the staff and the interest they have as a team to improve the students academically.. im a proud parent knowing my son attends this school!!

Posted July 24, 2013
P.S. 108 is a great elementary school. The teachers work very hard and prepare the kids well for the tests. Parents also need to work with their kids for the best result. The staff knows what to teach and they don't waste the kids time. Class size is too big, but teachers do an A+ job in educating the kids.

Posted September 07, 2012
I am a parent of (2) children attending PS 108X, grade 3 and grade 1. Last year was the 1st time my children attended a public school settng so it was a hard adjustment for me and the children. I agreed to a public eduation so they can receive the addtional help in reading and writing that could not be accomplished in a Catholic school setting. I must admit that the school is very well maintained, and the support staff and teachers are very nurturing. It may be hard to communicate directly with the principal regarding your concerns, for the exception of securing an appointment so good luck on that one. Despite my unsuccesful attempts to communicate directly with the princiipal, I handled all of my concerns direclty with the IEP team and teachers. The school yard had a complete makeover, which the community also enjoys when school is not in session. Both my children are receiving supported services with a warm team. I am happy that I've made this transition. Kudos to PS 108X and keep up the good work.

Posted March 13, 2012
I am in 7th grade now but i went to ps 108 from kindergarten to 5th grade. i highly recommend this school to anyone who is having a hard time making a choice with what school to send their kids to. the learning is great and there is not too much homework so your child will have time to relax. i made many friends even a great friend i still see every day today! the staff and teachers are very nice and helpful so you are sure that youre child is in good hands! the only thing i didnt like was no sports teams or afterschool activities except for ymca

Posted December 14, 2011
I love this school and my son loves it even more he loves his teachers and he loves his friends

Ps 108 Philip J Abinanti 4

Posted June 12, 2011
My daughter attends this school and has since kindergarten. Although the budget cut have affected the afterschool programs such as the high way robbery after school program that charges $200 for young students to baby sit your child till 6pm and have no experience nor actual planned activities.The extended day program has been cut down from 5 days to only two. The teachers ask students about personal information that is unnecessary for them to know. The school itself does have a safe community feeling, although it has received numerous bomb threats through the years, which can make you feel very uncomfortable. As for school trips there are many, but don't expect to get picked for chaperoning school trips with our child. They exclusively pick favored parents,preferred parents. The reason for the 4 stars is definitely because of the educational progress my daughter has made with this school besides these other little details.

Posted February 27, 2010

Ps 108 Philip J Abinanti
1166 Neill Avenue, Bronx, NY  10461
Last modified Ps 108 Philip J Abinanti is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 108 Philip J Abinanti Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top