Bronx, NY

Ps 111 Seton Falls 1

Posted February 08, 2013
I do not know where to begin; ever since my child was in second grade the teachers and staff has made all type accusations towards my children, nieces and nephews. One teacher told my daughter boldly that she was going to be held back, in front of the entire class, not to mention she is only in 3rd grade. As a result, my daughter was and is fearful of the teacher; I didn t realize how distress my daughter was until I heard her praying on her knees (as I reiterate) please god let my teacher stop being mean to me and always picking on me in class. This was the last straw; I had a meeting with school staff and teacher about changing her class! It has been over a month and no adjustments have been made (and her teachers are still haunting over her like two evil witches. In conclusion, I am removing her from the school because this institution has been my worst nightmare. I can go on for months with the anxiety my family and me had to go through with this school!
2 people found this helpful

Ps 111 Seton Falls 1

Posted December 06, 2011
Not a good school the principal mentally abuses her teachers, turning each one against each other.

Posted September 02, 2009
this is a great school, my child has learned a great amount in her short time there. now she is going to first grade and i look forward to her new progress.

Posted May 27, 2008
My son is in an inclusive setting in the 5th grade. He likes it but their is no support for the children having problem. If you make enough to pay for lunch than you can not get any tutoring offered in the school.

Posted July 21, 2007
I attended this school for a couple of years & I think it`s a great school. The teachers really help out the students & are very nice & helpful

Posted April 11, 2007
my son is in pre-k . I have to say I love this school . The teachers are great and are always there to help and listen . My son has learn so much and his behavior has improve as well he loves this school as well also the staff is oh so helpful and kind .

Posted June 26, 2006
First, I would like to say the school is a very good school. If, indeed you are a parent who is interesting in good education, seton falls is the place to send your child. The principle is for the children. She loves and cares for them deeply. She makes sure they get the best quality of education their is, by having SES programs, after school, and music [playin an instrument]. She has over 7 different events for the children and their parents to enjoy each year. Her staff members work hand and hand. The teachers are very easy to talk to and they are very open minded. Then, you have the parent coordinator who is outstanding. She will make time for you and always give you genuine support. I know all this because I am an involve parent who have two sons who attend the school. I am very sadden, because my fifth grader is leaving this year.

Ps 111 Seton Falls 4

Posted June 20, 2006
The school has tons fo trips, activities, and events for its students and parents. It can get a little expensive when u have more than 2 children, but it's worth it. The staff are helpful and concerned. And I noticed a lot of Parental involvement. My children enjoy going.

Ps 111 Seton Falls 3

Posted March 08, 2006
My daughter is a second grader in this school. Her first year there was great, she made the Honor Roll, however, I do agree with the other parent whose feedback was that it depends on the teacher. The teacher she has now seems very nice but it appears she is overwhelmed. I've found the PTA meetings to be redundant and unproductive.

Ps 111 Seton Falls 3

Posted April 08, 2005
This is my son's 6th year in this school and my daughter's 4th year. Initially, (the first 3years), I loved this school. The teachers they had were great and willing to give them extra work, etc. But I came to realize it depends on the teacher they have that makes it great. I have seen some improvements, however over the last few years in the music program and other extracurricular activities. My daughter is learning to play the recorder and it seems like a very good music program. Both my daughter and my son have learned to play chess and that is also great. What I would like to see more of in this school is a more caring attitude from the teachers about the kids themselves and not just about the test scores. Although our kids always need discipline, it takes more than that to get children to learn.

3740 Baychester Avenue, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Ps 111 Seton Falls is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 111 Seton Falls Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top