Ps 112 Bronxwood 4

Posted November 23, 2014
P.S. Has a gifted Principal that goes above and beyond to help improve the learning of her students. The school needs the help and support of the superintendent to solve some of issues that have plagued the school for decades

Posted February 01, 2014
A school is only as good as the community that supports it. We have many great families that instill values like respect, nonviolence, and education. We have dedicated teachers that go above and beyond what their job description requires, even giving up lunch to tutor students to help them improve their scores. There are always unhappy people but sometimes they bring the unhappiness on themselves ... Do not judge this school by a couple of unhappy people...there are many who know of all the little miracles taking place here each day!..maybe some changes are needed but nothing can change the population served... If we improve our community maybe our students will benefit!

Posted January 31, 2014
This school is Horrible to say the least. Certain teachers and staff at P.S.112 need to learn Respect and how to deal with children and their own frustration. The principal needs to stop covering up for the out of control teachers and address the seriousness that remains at P.S.112. This school definitely rates below 1.

Posted April 20, 2013
This school needs to improve. It is probably the worst school anyone will ever see. Last year they got a bad rating. The Teachers treat the students indifferently. There is no respect, or sense of caring that can be observed. Teachers arrive after the students have arrived. Stand outside the school and watch. Parents are only called to talk about the bad things not about any positive things that go on. Parents need to keep in touch with the teacher to make sure their child is learning. If not the teacher doesn't seem to teach them anything. I'm tired of asking the teacher what is going on because outside of field trips there doesn't seem to be too much learning at least at the second and third grade classes my children have. Go somewhere else!

Ps 112 Bronxwood 5

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted August 26, 2009

Ps 112 Bronxwood 5

Posted April 05, 2009

Ps 112 Bronxwood 0

Posted August 15, 2008
My daughter has been in this school since kindergarden. She will be in second grade this Sept.08 And top student in her class, but i also agree with the parent who 2years ago commented on the yard having no one there at all watching over their kids. Many parents obviosly don't care about their kids, but I adore my child and want the best for her. If this year I see no change. Believe me we will not be around.

Posted August 28, 2006
I think the quality of the program can be better, than it is now. I feel that some teacher's don't care about our children academic in learning. The extracurricular is good and the level of parents involvement, it's not so good. Most of the time, when I go to a meeting the auditorium is very empty. One time there was like less than 15 parents just for the 3rd Grade students in the meeting. Also, what I don't like that I see alot every morning is the student running around the yard. Fighting with other children. Where are the parents? No where to be found. Children are not been watch, by adults and anything can happend to them. Maybe if they put a Security Guard for at least 30 min each morning, until they go inside or the teacher's come out to the yard. Maybe things can be better.

Posted February 23, 2005
My daughter attends Pre-K at P.S.112. The academic quality is limited for the Pre-K Classes. In my daughters class they listen to music, and do arts and crafts. Being that she is still in Pre-K she gets gym. But this not for long because once she gets to 2nd grade the children do not get gym. Many parents are not involved with how their children are doing in school. I stay in contact with my daughter teachers I know they get tired of me but if I don't check to make sure that she is doing well no one else will. Also the teachers only want to call home if the child is being bad. Why not call when the child has made an improvement. Don't you think that would push the kid to try harder? Overall I think this school could do better. Tiana will be in Private school.

Ps 112 Bronxwood
1925 Schieffelin Avenue, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Ps 112 Bronxwood is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 112 Bronxwood Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top