Bad
Good

My daughter is about to graduate from this school after spending five years there. The school has changed since Mrs. Donnelly left, I have seen things take place that could not have happened under Mrs. Donnelly. I must say though that the school have some great teachers, who really care about the kids. As it relates to the academics the curriculum could be more vigorous. The kids were not been challenged enough. My main problem however with the school is that, every event that is being held there takes place in the morning, so I was never able to attend most of my daughter's shows throughout the years. I had to send someone to represent me so she wouldn't feel left out. At times I used to wonder if administration felt that we weren't working parents. Overall the school is better than most public schools in the area. The location is quite safe. I must say thanks to Ms. Washington, Ms. Anderson, Ms Trapani and Ms. Devanzo. They all did a great job with my daughter.

My son attended this school for 3-5th grades in the G&T program. While there are limitations for the academics here (which I believe are largely a city wide problem) my son was happy here. They have great teachers here but most importantly, the principal is AMAZING. I cannot say enough about Mrs. Donnelly. She always responded to all of my concerns and questions and knows each child by their name and I think that there are over 1000 kids here. Mrs. Donnelly and her staff do a great job with getting extra enrichment programs into the school like education through music and the ballroom dancing programs.

The principal in this school is the best I've encountered >she truly cares about the children and making sure they are in their comfort zone. Most teachers are kind and compassionate about their craft. On the other hand there are a handful of teachers who have a problem dealing with children.

I have to say, while I do like the principle and most of the teachers are nice, I am not pleased a with the school at all. The school is not safe in regards to children being picked up from the lunch room (this applies to grades 1st to 2nd). Anyone can pick them up, which is scary. The curriculum this year is horrible. The school received a C for a grade from the state. They are jumping from one subject to the next the very next day. They don't have spelling tests anymore. Last year my child learned so much, however this year he is not advancing the way he should. I'm all for parents reinforcing what the children learned in school, but its like we are now doing the job of the teachers. The children learn more from us than the actual teachers. For example before a child can learn division, they must master multiplication. They don't ensure the children learn the first step before they proceed to the next. Many parents in the school are bothered by this.

Excellent school welcoming teachers and principal both of my children attend ps 121 and I say this with pride and joy I learned how to be more patient with my children I learned how to get involved my children learn and are still learning independency and now they value education with the help of the throope school staff thank you for accepting my children and your remarkable patience is greatly appreciated.

I have two children enrolled here at this school, the family feel is nice however the academics lack enrichment and some ...not all the teachers aren't passionate about their job, the G & T program is a huge fasad as it cannot be compare to any other program in this borough farless the state, the G & T teachers are not adequately equipped or trained for this mode of teaching. For the most it is a safe , environment, the office staff is wonderful, the major downside is that the cirriculum lacks rigor, and too often it seems that the principal pretends to address issues but in reality just protects her staff. SHe has a nice demeanour and is very present but is not very effective..If a little more accountability is place on the teachers and some challenge added to academics, it has the potential to be a great school...

The school is great because we have a principal who is totally for the children. They are her first priority. We also have a great group of teachers. We have a good turn out of parents and the children seem to love PS 121 too

Both staff and students at this school are great!

The staff and Principal at P.S. 121 truly care about the welfare of the children. They put their all into making each day for the children a great learning experience. There provide a caring and loving environment that allows the children to both learn and grow.

Last modified Ps 121 Throop is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.