Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 3

Posted September 13, 2014
As a staff member I feel the 2014-2015 year has started off better than others. I am a veteran teacher of 25 years and I've taught here for nine years. What excites me most are my students. I really look forward to helping them learn ... they are why I do what I do. I have to be very resourceful to do my job well.

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 5

Posted September 11, 2014
So far so good, let me just say every single personal at the school brings a smile to my face, very nice, caring and helpful. My daughter seems to like if so far and has no complaints, she 5 in First grade and she actually had a bad experience in a charter school. Homework is very easy to understand and very organized by her teacher, they also have a behaviour chart that gets sent home everyday that parents need to initial and a homework check of sheet as well to make sure they do their homework. I love that the parents are being held responsible to sign homework and behavior charts because children can't do it alone. The uniforms are mandatory but super affordable at Cookies, children can wear their own sneakers if they want.to. In total at Cookies spent in total $67.00 on 5 shirts, 2 jumpers, 4 pair of knee high socks, 1 cute girly cross tie, 2 under shorts, But the very cool thing is that you do have to buy it a Cookies either! We had a navy blue Gap cardigan for cooler mornings, and I found another jumper at Burlington Coat Factory. So it doesn't have to be all from one place So uniforms very flexible to buy. That's all for now, I'll update in 6 months.

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 5

Posted April 27, 2010

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 0

Posted August 21, 2009
this school is the best because they make every thing interesting!

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 1

Posted July 27, 2009

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 4

Posted March 20, 2009

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 4

Posted November 25, 2008
Excellent Leadership. I oughta kno, i helped choose the last Vice-Principal. The Principal is dedicated, & passionate about the entire Schools improvement, especially in areas of past weaknesses. There is good parent involvement, engaging & worthwhile activities both during school & in the afterschool, & they have great teachers & caring staff. Having Volunteered the last 2 years there, i got to know the Schools staff & a great many students very well. The quality of people involved with this school is encouraging. Between that & the Multi-Cultural themes & diverse teachings going on in the School, i can only give rave reviews. The Schools staff are also very active in School & community activities, including protests at City Hall. The level of care is hard to top. NOTE: Clothes (uniforms) should never become more important than the actual education. Timothy M. Jenkins - Parent of 4 former 126 Student Alumni

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 0

Posted August 19, 2008
dis school is the best all the teachers care about the students and they have lots of activites

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 1

Posted May 03, 2008

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 3

Posted February 18, 2008
The extra programs to help our children are welcome. These programs are helping our kids. The school needs to be stronger at ensuring every student is wearing the assigned uniform - this policy is violated constantly without any accountability. The new Principal shows to be very dedicated..

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar
175 W 166th St, Bronx, NY  10452
Last modified Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top