Bronx, NY

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 3

Posted September 13, 2014
As a staff member I feel the 2014-2015 year has started off better than others. I am a veteran teacher of 25 years and I've taught here for nine years. What excites me most are my students. I really look forward to helping them learn ... they are why I do what I do. I have to be very resourceful to do my job well.

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 5

Posted September 11, 2014
So far so good, let me just say every single personal at the school brings a smile to my face, very nice, caring and helpful. My daughter seems to like if so far and has no complaints, she 5 in First grade and she actually had a bad experience in a charter school. Homework is very easy to understand and very organized by her teacher, they also have a behaviour chart that gets sent home everyday that parents need to initial and a homework check of sheet as well to make sure they do their homework. I love that the parents are being held responsible to sign homework and behavior charts because children can't do it alone. The uniforms are mandatory but super affordable at Cookies, children can wear their own sneakers if they want.to. In total at Cookies spent in total $67.00 on 5 shirts, 2 jumpers, 4 pair of knee high socks, 1 cute girly cross tie, 2 under shorts, But the very cool thing is that you do have to buy it a Cookies either! We had a navy blue Gap cardigan for cooler mornings, and I found another jumper at Burlington Coat Factory. So it doesn't have to be all from one place So uniforms very flexible to buy. That's all for now, I'll update in 6 months.

Posted August 21, 2009
this school is the best because they make every thing interesting!

Posted November 25, 2008
Excellent Leadership. I oughta kno, i helped choose the last Vice-Principal. The Principal is dedicated, & passionate about the entire Schools improvement, especially in areas of past weaknesses. There is good parent involvement, engaging & worthwhile activities both during school & in the afterschool, & they have great teachers & caring staff. Having Volunteered the last 2 years there, i got to know the Schools staff & a great many students very well. The quality of people involved with this school is encouraging. Between that & the Multi-Cultural themes & diverse teachings going on in the School, i can only give rave reviews. The Schools staff are also very active in School & community activities, including protests at City Hall. The level of care is hard to top. NOTE: Clothes (uniforms) should never become more important than the actual education. Timothy M. Jenkins - Parent of 4 former 126 Student Alumni

Posted August 19, 2008
dis school is the best all the teachers care about the students and they have lots of activites

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 3

Posted February 18, 2008
The extra programs to help our children are welcome. These programs are helping our kids. The school needs to be stronger at ensuring every student is wearing the assigned uniform - this policy is violated constantly without any accountability. The new Principal shows to be very dedicated..

Posted October 07, 2007
This school is getting better and better thanks to a new, highly dedicated principal and equally outstanding APs. The academic rigor and quality of instruction have improved markedly in the past two years, as have the number of extra curricular opportunities for students.

Posted September 28, 2007
The new principal is very dedicated to getting all staff and students involved in the success of the school. I like what I see. I am a new employee.

Posted June 06, 2005
I think this school has a great quality of academics. It has energized and dedicated teachers at work. It's great that it has bilingual classes which help parents to teach their native language and also students with difficulties or might not understand something in english can be taught in spanish. There are a lot of parent volunteers and know what's going on and are always giving suggestions. They bring ideas from schools they came from and from the country they came from. The diversity is great. A good place for a child to grow up open minded about the world.

Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar 1

Posted June 24, 2004
I was very displeased with the way the administration handled student safety and parent relations. I live right across the street and I transfered my child to a school across the Bronx rather than send him there.

175 W 166th St, Bronx, NY  10452
Last modified Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 126 Dr Marjorie H Dunbar Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top