Posted October 15, 2013
I am a student at M.S. 127 and I feel like whether or not you do well depends on you. Many ppl r saying how their kids aren't learning anything. What I have to say about that: YOUR child chose the wrong crowd. It has nothing to do with the school. And as far as i know, NO teachers curse at the students. Many teachers, such as Ms. Durrant, will be on ur child's case till he/she does well. Which is a good thing. Now tell me, is she doing this only for her paycheck? NO! She doesn't have to do this for ur child, yet she still does. Also, two years ago, 16 students got into specialized hs and last year 11 got in. The teachers try their best to ensure a brighter future for the students.

Jhs 127 The Castle Hill 1

Posted May 17, 2013
I think this is the worst school....I cheek my son bag everyday to see what has he leaned for the day just like i do for my other children. in this school they don't teach anything. i think the teaches are so under educated and don't know how to talk with the kids. i have seen them cursing at them. they don't get the ready for state exams. there gangs and drugs in the school. and it seen like on one there care about the kid. they just care about there pay cheek. if you want your child to be successful do not send them to this school. i can't until i don't have to deal with this school again

Jhs 127 The Castle Hill 1

Posted April 16, 2012
I would like to agree with the parent's comment below. The students' scores are very low. About 70% of the grades of the students are below average. Many of the teachers lower the grades to help the students pass. At the end, students are not prepared for high school. I would not recommend this school any parents who wants to enroll their child to this school. Comments below maybe from students who felt that the teachers were great which makes a great school. However, from a parents point of view, if your child's grades are not to standard. I would suggest going to a school where they can be challenged rigorously. You will not find it at this school.

Posted March 03, 2012
I am a current student at this great school. I must say that I am very lucky to be a student at this wonderful school. The main reason why, is because the teachers believe in you and never give up. I would also recommend this school because of its REGENTS program, where you have a chance to take high school courses such as ,Earth science, Integrated algebra, Living environment, and Literature. The only down side about this school is that it could be a little cleaner and more sanitary. Other than that, it has much resources such as textbooks, labs, computer labs, books, a library, and much more. I would recommend this school to anyone! It teaches Pre-K and Kindergarten (other than grades 6-8). The top teachers of the school (in no particular order) would be Mr.Soares, Mr.Mateo, Ms.Seabrooks, Ms.Giustino, and Ms.Gaynair. I hope this review/opinion was a helpful reference towards you finding a great middle school such as, J.H.S 127!

Posted April 08, 2010
All three of my children have attended this school, two under the supervision of the new principal Mr. Sherman. He has really turned the school around. It's definitely a better place in every area. Some of the better teachers are Mr. Fal, Ms. Hughes, and Ms. Seabrooks. If your kids wind up getting them, they're very lucky.

Posted February 25, 2010

Posted March 01, 2009

Posted March 01, 2009

Jhs 127 The Castle Hill 3

Posted October 16, 2006
my daughter currently attends this school, and im not that thrilled with the level of education she is getting. This is one of the lowest performing schools and i would like to move her somewhere else where i could get her to be excited about going to school and enjoy the learning process. However, if you do go Mrs. Seabrooks is everyone's favorite teacher and should be voted teacher of the year, every year.

Posted October 08, 2005
My child attends this school and it not bad. I nfact the new principal is taking good charge of this school. He has everything under control. The teachers are good but they need to step it up and learn how to control the classes more. Overall I would reccomend this school for parents.

Jhs 127 The Castle Hill
1560 Purdy Street, Bronx, NY  10462
Last modified Jhs 127 The Castle Hill is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 127 The Castle Hill Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top