Posted November 14, 2012
Teacher parent conference was today 11/4/2012 and i was a VERY irate parent when I've seen my child's report card. I did see other parents who looked irate as well but i can only speak for myself. My child attends Kindergarten at this school. My child is very enthusiastic about attending school every morning and doing his homework. And to see my child was graded a 2 and some 1's on most of the criteria such as writing, reading, math and even on art and physical ED ?? I am the type of parent who goes through all of his assessments and provide plenty of help during his homework sessions when he gets home from school. Not only does he do homework but i provide him with a series of worksheets at a NY first grade level standards. I could not believe, how a teacher could wait until report card day to inform parents of such horrible grades . My personal opinion the grading was VERY UNFAIR. Lack of communication, and they seem not to care. the teacher added how its 25 kids in the class, I have to agree it is overcrowded for just ONE teacher. and here it goes NYC PUBLIC SCHOOLS ONCE AGAIN FAIL TO MEET PARENT AND STUDENTS EXPECTATIONS. I am searching for some private schools now !

Posted September 06, 2011
This school is losing everything, they no longer have music or art. each year something goes. The staff and new teachers need more training. the senior teachers dedication is the only thing that can help this school dig itself out of the hole.

Ps 146 Edward Collins 3

Posted May 27, 2010
I don't like the location of this school, the school could use a summer program for the students attending, and i don't particularly care for my daughter's teacher because I think that she is unprofessional but she has an excellent teaching technique that is very effective and helps my daughter to learn; this is a pro that outweighs all the cons.

Ps 146 Edward Collins 5

Posted January 02, 2009

Posted September 25, 2007

Ps 146 Edward Collins 2

Posted June 10, 2005

Ps 146 Edward Collins
968 Cauldwell Ave, Bronx, NY  10456
Last modified Ps 146 Edward Collins is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 146 Edward Collins Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top