Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia 1

Posted October 04, 2010
From the very first day my son and I have had problems with this school. Bulling is a big problem here and nothing seems to be done about it. The school is located as part of an apartment building leaving very little space for classrooms or play yard for lunchtime. This school is tremendously overpopulated and teachers are overwhelmed. Most of the teachers have little patience and no control of the students. My son was bulled on a day to day basis and very much disliked school. We have since moved to a much better neighborhood and my son absolutely LOVES school and I get nothing but wonderful news on his daily reports.

Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia 0

Posted April 17, 2010
this school has very dedicated teachers that make this community great!

Posted May 27, 2009

Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia 3

Posted September 04, 2007
Yes, this school is way better than most of the public schools in the Bronx,however I feel that more advanced students do suffer from sheer boredom from having to wait for the others.There are no programs to challenge/motivate and the powers that be take so long to understand they have a gifted student,that quite often it takes the teacher half the school year to acknowledge what a parent had told them about their unique child in september.Unfortunately, the child pays the price and leans towards hating school, which undercuts the love for learning that the parent has worked so hard to encourage.When this is the best around by default, it's a sad state of affairs in the NYC education system.All attention goes to the good neighborhoods in Manhattan but hey,we're New Yorkers too!

Posted June 12, 2007
My daughter attends this school its not bad but they don't have the proper level placements for the children some kids are more advance then others but yet are placed in the same class I think that's not fare to the students a lot of advanced students are left in the mix and not challenged enough because the focused is on the kids who are not as advanced also they have few to none of physical activities that's important for the development of our children.

Posted November 22, 2005

Posted September 08, 2005
I have 2 children attending I think it's one of the best public schools the Bronx has left.

Posted September 04, 2005
The teachers try very hard to help each child reach their own potential successes. The Principal has over 10 yrs as assist principal and I have great faith she will become a terrific principal given time.

Posted July 13, 2005
- a former student

Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia 2

Posted February 11, 2005
I have 1 son in 205 the teachers are wonderful,mostly young and energenic.This school is lacking in proper leadership!! They have a good english as a second language program we never used it.They do move students around quite a bit it seems like a rotating classroom.Students need to be tested to find out where they need to be not just put where they have room.Pre k -1st have no walls to the classrooms, very noisy enviroment for learning.Parents are not envolved other than a small group.We have decided to move to protect my son from this school.A very sad experience for my family.The principal is a joke and not well liked by staff or parents a shame!

Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia
2475 Southern Boulevard, Bronx, NY  10458
Last modified Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 205 Fiorello Laguardia Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top