Bronx, NY

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice 2

Posted August 18, 2014
The students have lack of manner and they always disrespect teachers. The teachers often give detention for no reason. And the principal and some teachers are nice to some students but are rude to others. The school is strange as the students like to be really mean to other peers. I like the library, it looks very modern and the classrooms are good too. But students often call others very rude names and make fun of them. The dress code is really strict they care more about the dress code as students are often late for their classes due to the dress code.

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice 2

Posted June 23, 2014
I would not recommend this school to anyone. The teachers are not treated fairly by the administration and it is sadly shown to the students. The school worries about the uniform polices so much that they would rather hold the student in detention the entire day than let them learn in their classes. The school is also unfair towards the students and treat some better than others. As a parent I've noticed that the school loves to suspend its students for insubordination as their #1 reason to exclude the students from their education. I regret ever sending my child to that school but am proud that out of all the struggles my child has undergone and the obstacles administration has put in the way that my child stands strong amongst the rest and they hate that.

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice 4

Posted October 27, 2013
The Bronx School for Law, Government and Justice is just a stone's throw away from the Bronx Supreme Court. I had heard many things about the school, some good, some bad. What has most influenced my deciding to rate the school with 4 stars is the parent-teacher meeting I attended on Friday, October 25th. I found the most dedicated, sincere teachers really wanting to do the best for their class. The comments were positive and truly uplifting. Many things can be said about this school, but nothing beats teachers who are driven to see their students achieve only the best.. Hats off to a school that is striving to make something out of their student body inspite of the neighborhood they live in.

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice 1

Posted August 04, 2013
I'm a parent of an 8th grader. This school has gone downhill. It's a mad house in there. Do no send your kids here. Those kids have no respect for authority and each other. It's chaotic and just out of control. I'm glad my son (also have a daughter) is no longer going to that school. Horrible experience for both him and I. He has always been an Honor Student but this school makes even the best students distracted by all the commotion and lack of respect and manners. He begged me to remove him since sixth grade. I'm just glad he is headed to a specialized high school now.

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice 4

Posted November 04, 2010
I am a parent of a 10th grade student at the school.The Internship opportunities are great. My son has volunteered at the Botanical Garden,The Civil Court house and has been involved in Debate, Chess and sports teams. The dress code is extremely strict (dress shoes, tie,shirt) but they are preparing for legal and corporate business. My son is proud to dress like a professional.

Posted March 11, 2010
i think this school above the top and is excellent with students

Posted October 05, 2009

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice 0

Posted August 30, 2009
My son will be a new 9th grader coming in and the schools seems great but unfortunately he does not want to go to the school because of the strict dress code. Now I need to find him a new school because if I don't he's not going to dress the way they want him to and may eventually not go to school at all. The strict dress code could really discourage some children.

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
I am a seventh grader in this school and the teachers , staff members are ,polite mostly the teachers. The principal is great and funny i don't even know how to explain her. - U rock ms porter=) -

Bronx School For Law Government And Justice
244 East 163rd Street, Bronx, NY  10451
Last modified Bronx School For Law Government And Justice is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bronx School For Law Government And Justice Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top