Posted September 02, 2014
I started in SJC when I was 3 years old and I graduated in 2013. I had been there my whole childhood. I am now a sophomore in high school and I can absolutely say that SJC is the school for your child. They push your child to work to their fullest in a fun atmosphere. The teachers are very nice, my personal favorites are Mr. and Mrs. Weber. Yes, the tuition is high but they will work with you about a scholarship program if very much needed. Growing up in SJC, there was a lot of discipline, which is good. Most students who leave SJC become better people and stay of the streets. I am a first honors student thanks to SJC who helped prepare me. So what if it isn't the biggest, or most modern? Your children are going for an education, to grow, and to make friends and that's exactly what you do at SJC. The education there is great and they 105% prepared me for high school. Your child would be lucky to say that he/she is a SJC graduate, because I know I am. Most of my teachers are no longer teaching at SJC, but I personally know every teacher in that school and they are the sweetest you will ever meet. Your child will have a personal connection with their teachers that they won't forget.

St John Chrysostom School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
Don't send your child to this school if you want your child to succeed. They don't have the resources to help student and they guide you where to seek help. All they care is about receiving there monthly tuition. I will be removing my child from this school, to another school where they at least try to help in the weak areas and they will work with the parents....

Posted April 16, 2014
I graduated from St. John Chrysostom School in 1968 and attribute my success to the high standards and expectations of this school. In 2010, I retired after 37 successful years as a teacher, coach, mentor, school principal, and central office administrator in Rochester, NY. After St. John's Chrysostom, I attended Aquinas High School, Fordham University, William Smith College (Geneva, NY), Brockport College (Masters and Administrative Degree), and St. John Fisher College (doctorate). I had a great beginning and it all started at St. John Chrysostom. Diana Vargas de Hernandez

Posted January 20, 2011
I graduated from this school in 1988. This school is the foundation of true success and support. My eight years at St. John's prepared me for a world of success beyond my imagination. This school was the little house that heaven built among the war zones of the Bronx during the late seventies and eighties. I learn many academic principals, but most importantly, I learned about character. I will always be indebted to this school for everything it represented in my life during my earliest educational years. I currently hold a PHD in Education. I am often asked about my academic journey, I am proud to discuss St. John's Chrysostom. A school where the staff connected to their students. A school where I truly learned that my destination is just as important as my journey.

St John Chrysostom School 0

Posted February 03, 2010
My daughter has attended SJC since Kindergarten, she is currently in the 7th grade. I would definitely recommend this school. The emphasis is on education and the staff and teachers are excellent. No one is perfect, they too are human. I think the tuition is very reasonable, considering other schools. (Believe me, I know...my older children went to Holy family and to Santa Maria...try that tuition compared to SJ's.). My daughter feels safe and happy at this school, she's looking forward to HS, but is already saying she is really going to miss everyone at SJ's.

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted July 23, 2009

Posted March 11, 2009

Posted December 15, 2008
I attended/graduated from St. John Chrysostom in 1999, now my children are students there as well. While St. John Chrysostom is a 'cozier' school, that is part of what makes it really great and unique. Students at St. Johns are known by name not an I.D number. Teachers/staff/students work along each other as would a family unit. Students at St Johns are offered a diverse and superior education and are often challenged to excel in all subjects. Emphasis is not only stressed on education but in personal development as well. The principal is very attentive towards her students and truly is almost a third parent in her concern and dedication. The school does only have a small gym and we did eat in cafeterias in the basement.........but all of my memories are fond. I left St. Johns with a heavy heart and eyes full of tears!!!

St John Chrysostom School
1144 Hoe Ave, Bronx, NY  10459
Last modified St John Chrysostom School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John Chrysostom School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top