No rating

St Raymond Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 89 students

Living in Bronx

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted August 10, 2010

My son have been at St. Raymond elementary five years.Everywhere we go people notice his aboverage in inteligence and behavior compare with other children from other schools. I am not Catholic but my son been in there I have learn a lot about Catholicism. Believe me I am thinking to join them. It really hurts me see how some( -) want to damage Teachers and the principal image and reputation. I have seen few very unrruled children in there and see the effort of the teachers dealing with them for the best. (Of course a child is a mirror from home). Parents we cannot leave all the burden of none sense of ours to the Teachers. We have to help educate our children in order to get the best from St. Raymond School. Sister Brito you are doing more than a good job, So are the teachres.

Posted August 7, 2010

I used to be a student at St.Raymond's. The support was horrible. Every time I went to a teacher for help in a topic, especially Ms.Valerio the 6th grade math teacher, she said ABSOLUTELY NO!!! I told my mother and Ms.Valerio told my mom GO GET HER A TUTOR. Why should my mom spend more money on education that should be coming from this, and may I add, unorganized school? This school was very horribly ran, Sister Patrica should be replaced!! I was also being terribly bullied and when my mother came to nib everything in the bud, the principal, Sister Patrica, she ignored her and nothing was resolved. I was also being verbally abused in the classroom in front of the teacher!!!!! She did nothing!!!!! I am so ashamed to say I went to this school!!!!

Posted May 7, 2010

To the parent who posted on April 13, 2010. I'd like to know 'who' exactly you got your information from in regard to the teachers and their education & qualifications. 'I' am a teacher at St. Ray's and for your information I happen to have two master degree's. I am more than qualified to teach (as are all the teachers) and take offense to your comments. Before you make such a statement you really should do the research to back it up!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 13, 2010

i do agree that principal only care about money they do not have qualify teacher most of them dont even have master degree

Posted February 18, 2010

I think the school is not all there. My mother pays alot of money yet we barley get what we put in. It's activities are boring. The most we've done is crazy sock day.The teachers barely have control over their students, which in turn makes it hard to learn. I cannot wait to leave
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 26, 2010

I am looking for a school that is challenging for my sons. But when I called the school to inquire about it the staff their is not helpful at all. I am looking for a school with a small class setting and to know the my sons are safe their. By what I have read here St Raymond's doesn't have either.

Posted September 6, 2009

I think st. raymond school is horrible for your kids, the principal only cares about the money.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 19, 2009

I feel the administration, is culturally insensitive. I agree with the other posts, citing the indiffrence to parental concerns, yet every time money is involved there is a threat of detention for the children if the parents dont comply or cant comply.if you go ther about a concern the staff takes a message and maybe someone will call you. the indiffrence is extrodinary. I wouldnt recommend this school for anyone who speaks up for and advocates for their child, or anyone who is an involved parent.

Posted February 12, 2009

I would like to know what happen to this school? It has changed so much that I want to get my daughter out of there as soon as possible. Most of the teachers are mean and have little patience and think they can get away with taking out there bitterness on our children. Also, the school is only concerned with raising money to improve the school they're not concentrating on our kids' education. And why do we have to pay $300 every year just to re-register our kids. This fee should go to new enrolling students, not current students. Parents need to unite and voice their concerns.

Posted October 15, 2008

This school is wonderful. The principal is awesome. The staff is excellent. My son is thriving. I thank god for this place.

Posted March 15, 2008

This was my first year at this school and it was the worst experience that I've ever had. The bldg may look great but the school inside is rotten. The principal, Msgr nor the administration have any type of interest in our children or their education only in the money. They are not God servants they serve their own personal gain with no Godly love or christianity. Parents should get together and go through the process voiceing their concerns to the Schools Superint. then go even hight to the top Archdioceses Superintendent .

Posted January 30, 2008

I am pleased with the school ciriculum. The teachers are genuine and involved. The afterschool is very good as well.

Posted November 4, 2007

Neither the principal or administration show the compassion that one would expect from a Catholic/Christian institution. They talk a good game and that's about all. If parents actually took these people to task, then there might be some reform. The teachers are well educated and seem to do there best, but they look miserable, as if they don't want to be there. The principal claims she cares about the education of the students, however, she seems more concerned with her new chandeliers and the new ugly curtains and rugs adorning the auditorium.

Posted July 20, 2007

My God daughter is attending this school and it is incredible that her mom has to force her to do her home work the child is so overwhelmed with the excessive schoolwork that the child doesn't want to look at a book when out of school. School should be a place for learning not a military to march once the schools overworks these children with excessive school work no,longer school seems a place for fun I feel that this school is overdoing it with all the extra work these kids get why are children in 5TH grade being forced to learn on an 8th grade level it may sound grate but in reality the child is overwhelmed and as a result when the child reaches adult hood and can choose to go to highschool or college or not to go because they are sick & tired of school.

Posted July 20, 2007

I agree with all the post. St. Raymonds has always had an overwhelming number of kids to a class. When you try to talk to staff or principal about the situation, it is always overlooked. Everything with this school is about money. Also, in terms of reaching out to parents and having communication, they don't even respond. I took my kids to a new school, they were happy, less stifled and well educated. Parents, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and quacks like a duck...its a duck. Move on and make your children happy.

Posted June 14, 2007

The class sizes are overwhelming. Regardless of our concerns as parents the principal, sister patricia, ignores us completely. Furthermore, when speaking to her she does not even acknowledge you. The administration staff does not take into consideration the money we parent are investing in our childrens education. I am one of many parents who have decided to take both of my children elsewhere.

Posted April 19, 2007

Academic level good but could be better if they would take a lot of the kids who are causing the teachers from doing there job. What ever the parent says doesnt count.

Posted February 15, 2007

I agree, too many kids to one teacher -- the school is clean and beautiful, the art teacher is very personable -- the constant asking for money and the church envelopes is another story. This is our fifth year and only one of the first grade teacher and another in the fifth grade seem to have their act together.

Posted January 21, 2007

I think the class sizes are too big, therefore teachers are unable to give students the individual attention they need. I also think they spend too much time disciplining the children which take time away from learning.

Posted November 12, 2006

'This school has been a big disappointment. Parents are rarely involved. The art teacher is wonderful. The place looks great the teachers and staff look tired and stressed. I pray for the staff and students. My kids last year.

Two or more races 10% N/A
Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Patricia M. Brito
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2380 East Tremont Avenue