PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Very good school. Friendly. Strong education, very organized and clean environment. I have 3 kids here and I feel good about the education they are receiving.

This is my son's second year in this school. His first year was a learning curve for the both us, it was Pre-K. His teacher was older and I was just BLESSED to her have her for the first year. Now I've learn the school groups the kids in "high intellect and low intellect class". Personally I think this entire concept is just bazaar!! Why put all the kids that may require additional attention in the same class? Another issue I have is the enrollment rate. There are 38 kids in the first grade. Oh yeah there are at least 2 classes, to separate this highs and low students, but each class has about the same number of students. The children in the low classes are just destine for failure. It's not like the kids in the low classes have additional or modified work, it's the same but it doesn't matter if the kids understand or not. The day, class and year just keeps moving along. Sister Patricia instilled the fear of God in theses poor underpaid, overwhelmed teachers. She is most concerned with the enrollment numbers specifically the $$$ for each child. If there is a child with a behavior problem towards (violent outburst, hitting, biting, scratching) teachers and students alike, it's fine as long as this parents pay that tuition. Even when the parents are an issue (yelling, cursing, disrespecting and threatening the teachers) they are welcome to come back as long as they are paying tuition. This school is no different from the public school up the street. Oh wait there are 2 differences. First the public school limits 32 kids in each class. Then the most obvious one, in St. Raymond your are going to waste a minimum of $4,000 a year on tuition... Needless to say my son won't be attending this school next year.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My kindergartner gets at least 3 math work sheets as well as writing and then we have to read.

I am a 5th grade student at St Raymond Elementary School. So far this school has been great and the teachers really care about the students. I am so happy to be in this school. I am a honor roll student.

The Principal needs to be replaced. Period. Her only concern is money. Smoke and Mirrors is all it is. It's a big show. New Principal = New environment. Parents need to unite to get RID of her!!!

I want to advise all parents they should bring their children to St Raymond Elementary school. My daughter loves it. Her reading and math never been better. I love the school. My daughter was in public school and did not learn a thing. I am very please with St Raymond Elementary School. If any one one to see for their self please come our opened house.

I cannot believe that this school remains in existence. Its overwhelmingly overcrowded. Many parents that I know commented that they keep the children enrolled due to the tuition cost and limited catholic schools in the area. I HOPE THE PARENTS REALIZE THE TURMOIL THAT THE CHILDREN FACE IN THIS SCHOOL. If you're experiencing it, withdraw your child and don't allow the issue to overwhelm your home. It was a great lesson learned. I rather pay a little more and enjoy the nurturing environment that applies with paying a private tuition.

I feel that this school does not cater to the preschoolers the way the older children are. I feel that they do not nuture the children in a manner that would allow the children for flourish. I feel that the preschoolers are not always thought of immediately and that they are an after thought in the schools cirrculum. I would like for the school to allow more parental involvement when it comes to this grade as the children are still considered toddlers that happen to be potty trained. I also believe that the teachers expectations are too high for the children as they push them to behave like older grades when they are still learning to write.

Im typing fast Im on lunch and but I needed to post this. I graduated from the academy and i had a great experience. I thought that the elementary school would serve my daughters a great education. As a NYC educator, I want only the best for her and seeked it out in St Rays. I am DESPERATELY looking for another school for the academic 2013-2014 school year because ENOUGH is ENOUGH. The classrooms are overcrowded, the children do not get the attention they need nor deserve. The teacher gets their favorites (the children of the teachers in the same school) and they can do NO wrong and are the stars for everything. Kids are very impressionable and sense this. The make up of the body of this school is mixed and form their groups as early as Kindergarten. This school is worse than a PUBLIC SCHOOL and I am LOOKING SEARCHING HUNTING DOWN another school that will not make me rob Peter to Pay Paul. This school has disappointed me as a MOM, an Educator and as a Parishoner and dont worry as soon as I can- my CHILDREN are out of there! 39 kids one teacher lost... and that is with me working with them at home! Disappointed, Saddened, Heartbroken for my girls!

PLEASE DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD HERE...I had a very similar experiecnce as the comment below 8/25/12...My child was a former student of St.rays also, I finally took him out of there this year...the administration is a joke in stead of helping they only make things worse...they quickly want to suggest that your child has some type of developmental issue when the child is acting out and the child might benefit from medication..the assistant prinicple of the middle school is very uncooperative and is more concern in hearing herself speak than what the parent has to say...I'm so done with this school and its parish...I do not believe this school embody the values of religious instruction at all..I have never been so angry at the treatment my son received at this school....

Last modified St Raymond Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8