St Raymond Elementary School 5

Posted January 02, 2014
I want to advise all parents they should bring their children to St Raymond Elementary school. My daughter loves it. Her reading and math never been better. I love the school. My daughter was in public school and did not learn a thing. I am very please with St Raymond Elementary School. If any one one to see for their self please come our opened house.

Posted December 13, 2013
I cannot believe that this school remains in existence. Its overwhelmingly overcrowded. Many parents that I know commented that they keep the children enrolled due to the tuition cost and limited catholic schools in the area. I HOPE THE PARENTS REALIZE THE TURMOIL THAT THE CHILDREN FACE IN THIS SCHOOL. If you're experiencing it, withdraw your child and don't allow the issue to overwhelm your home. It was a great lesson learned. I rather pay a little more and enjoy the nurturing environment that applies with paying a private tuition.

St Raymond Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
I feel that this school does not cater to the preschoolers the way the older children are. I feel that they do not nuture the children in a manner that would allow the children for flourish. I feel that the preschoolers are not always thought of immediately and that they are an after thought in the schools cirrculum. I would like for the school to allow more parental involvement when it comes to this grade as the children are still considered toddlers that happen to be potty trained. I also believe that the teachers expectations are too high for the children as they push them to behave like older grades when they are still learning to write.

Posted May 01, 2013
Im typing fast Im on lunch and but I needed to post this. I graduated from the academy and i had a great experience. I thought that the elementary school would serve my daughters a great education. As a NYC educator, I want only the best for her and seeked it out in St Rays. I am DESPERATELY looking for another school for the academic 2013-2014 school year because ENOUGH is ENOUGH. The classrooms are overcrowded, the children do not get the attention they need nor deserve. The teacher gets their favorites (the children of the teachers in the same school) and they can do NO wrong and are the stars for everything. Kids are very impressionable and sense this. The make up of the body of this school is mixed and form their groups as early as Kindergarten. This school is worse than a PUBLIC SCHOOL and I am LOOKING SEARCHING HUNTING DOWN another school that will not make me rob Peter to Pay Paul. This school has disappointed me as a MOM, an Educator and as a Parishoner and dont worry as soon as I can- my CHILDREN are out of there! 39 kids one teacher lost... and that is with me working with them at home! Disappointed, Saddened, Heartbroken for my girls!

Posted August 28, 2012
PLEASE DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD HERE...I had a very similar experiecnce as the comment below 8/25/12...My child was a former student of St.rays also, I finally took him out of there this year...the administration is a joke in stead of helping they only make things worse...they quickly want to suggest that your child has some type of developmental issue when the child is acting out and the child might benefit from medication..the assistant prinicple of the middle school is very uncooperative and is more concern in hearing herself speak than what the parent has to say...I'm so done with this school and its parish...I do not believe this school embody the values of religious instruction at all..I have never been so angry at the treatment my son received at this school....

Posted August 25, 2012
My children are former students of St. Raymonds and its parish. I bear the same feelings and thoughts of the feedback dated June 18th, June 5th, 12/11 and so forth. Although I am not an advocate of bashing a school for its imperfections, this school in particular was astonishing in its actions towards parents, the children, and non-christian ways!!!! My experience with St. Raymond almost led me to a nervous breakdown.My experience with St. Raymonds has been a blessing in disguise and also a waste of money in a Catholic Education. The moral to my review is, dont evaluate your child based on feedback of a school that does not recognize or understand special needs If you feel your child requires an evaulation, conduct it in Kindergarten through the Bd of Ed who have the resources and specialists to identify their needs St. Raymonds is a private jail!! Parents beware!!!

St Raymond Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2012
I have been in St. Raymond s School for 6 years now. I started in the 3rd grade and just graduated. Over my 6 years at the school I have met very kind and helpful teachers and I have also met the handful that shouldn t be working with children. I think I got a good education from St. Raymond s I feel I am ready for the 9th grade. As a got older I started to notice different things. I started to see more children in the class rooms and this past year there were 35 students in each class. I felt that there were too many children in each class! Every time something happens in the school News 12 is outside ready to get their story. This became really annoying. They also don t know how to set date for anything so don t make your plans around the calendar! They give out a newsletter in the beginning of the year and one every month. After each newsletter you will get about 20 of the same reminder! They all say the same thing there just worded differently!! The school asks for money A LOT! Father/Mother/Guardian if you do not want your child in a class with 34 other children don t send your child here it will be a waste of YOUR MONEY!!!

Posted June 18, 2012
DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!! This school is all about money and nothing else. My son started in pre-k and out upon KINDERGARTEN "graduation". My child has been in daycare since he was 2 yrs. old and I work with him @ home tremendously so he was more than prepared for their curriculum by the time he entered the school. From pre-k the children were expected to act like soldiers and if not ur getting phone calls constantly for silliness (talking in the bathroom/not standing straight in line). My child would tell me he would not be called on because the teacher knew that he knows the answers!!! I asked repeatedly about having him evaluated academically because he was bored with the work which led to him talking in class or otherwise and I was told after many attempts that I should take him elsewhere to be evaluated for his behavior. BTW-they were not equipt w/info as to wheshould how I should go about this but I should get back to them once I have done this. They keep kids in the class all yr that spit, throw things, etc. but want me in the school when and where they say b/c my child likes to talk. Not to mention the child is suspended if tuition is late even during state testing!!!

Posted June 05, 2012
I have been to st.ray's since 4th grade (I'm now in 7th) and my experience here has been "okay". I honestly just like this school because of the friends I've made along the way. If you would like your child starting the school at pre-k...DO NOT!!! I have witnessed 3 year olds being yelled at like they were MY age!! Our principal, unfortunately doesn't know the names of practically anyone in the school. She only knows the names of students who are in trouble..Also, in the middle school for the first 4 months of school, it was a review of everything you did in the prior year. < THIS WAS SAD. Honestly these are my last words: I AM GLAD I'M LEAVING NEXT YEAR

Posted December 08, 2011
The classes are over crowded and the children are not being taught the way they should be. The prime concern here is MONEY. I thought this was going to be a good school and the year is only half way through and Im looking for other schools. The teachers are the worst I've seen. This school has the ability to stay open because they are constantly asking for money for "everything"....I can't see how some people could send their kids here up to 12th grade, they are getting less than a public school education with a catholic school title and price tag being put on it. I've never seen a school that only gives kids a 20 minute lunch break....that is not enough time to eat. Going to the bathroom is also another problem. This school sucks!

St Raymond Elementary School
2380 East Tremont Avenue, Bronx, NY  10462
Last modified St Raymond Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Raymond Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top