St Lucy's School 3

Posted June 18, 2014
Overall St lucy's is a good school, but the administration , they're hardcore . When it comes to the tuition or any money owed to them they don't care if your $1 behind your child will be left out of activities because you did not meet their DEADLINES! Your child will suffer humiliation if your'e not PAID UP!

Posted March 31, 2014
I went to St. Lucy's school from pre-k to 8th grade and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Perhaps things are different now, but when I was there they didn't do a thing about the huge amounts of bullying I and other students went through. The teachers and school admin showed obvious favoritism towards certain students, and they would openly mock some of the parents who appeared to be less educated than others. If your child looks different in any way, beware because they won't do a thing about it if the kid starts getting bullied. They'll just inform the student that it's THEIR fault and to get used to it.

Posted December 16, 2013
First of all the MOST teachers show way too much favoritism, mostly to girls. The principal is nice. Mr. Santoro, Mrs. McGrath, and Ms.Minneci are amazing. Its really how some teachers treat students.Bottom line its not that good.

St Lucy's School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
I love this school , it's like my second home . I've learned some many things during my experience in Saint Lucys School . In this school the teachers are nice but some teachers have favoritism toward the students. Besides that , the principle is a very sweet lady and the nurse is kind and generous . The academics are okay but we are bit behind because of the amount of students in the classroom .

Posted October 09, 2010
I don't know what this place is like now but when I was a student there it was terrible. The teachers were all a bunch of old tenured Italian women who were completely devoid of knowledge, enthusiasm and creativity. One of my teachers would spend the entire day humiliating us while she snacked on her bread sticks and flipped through her Victoria's Secret catalogs. As a graduate student of education, I look back in sheer horror. The absolute worst educational experiences of my life.

Posted October 08, 2010
If you want to invest on your child education, this SLS is not the place. If you want your child to rec individual attention, SLS is not the place. If you want a small class size this school is not it. My son was in a 7th grade with 34 students in the class. The 7th grade is key in preparing for the High School entrance exam. The tuition is not worth the service provided. There is only 2 true teachers at sls who take their profession seriously. So sad.

St Lucy's School 4

Posted September 26, 2010
I have 2 children since nursery ,they do very well. as a parent you can drop off your child at 7am with no worries.for all you parents that complain about the school asking for money all the time! dah ! its a catholic school ,there always asking for money.as for going to public school...go right ahead.I have peace of mine that my kids are safe in school and theres no fights after school.Who complains are the parents that have problem kid/kids or cant pay there tuition!

St Lucy's School 5

Posted October 07, 2009
I want to say wear is the negativity coming from? I have three children and they all attend SLS. I have had my children there since nursey and that was a great place to start Mrs. Diaz and her staff are the best. I knew that when I left my child there they were safe and happy and learned more than I thought possible. Mrs. Stefannini is a wonderful giving person, she is there for every event. Her leadership is first class. You will never like everything about a school but you get the best by far from SLS addministration and teachers. I would recommend SLS to everyone. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Posted June 10, 2009
This school is a mess. The teacher are not strict, they just don't teach. You come to the open house, and they tell you to get ready for education and homework, but its all a lie. Students are in shock when they enter high school and see what it is like to work. I would never send any child to S.L.S. The church is still good but not the academics. I promise.

St Lucy's School 2

Posted May 11, 2009
My child attended St. Lucy's for many years and except for a few, and I mean a few good teachers, the others are mediocre. There is no writing across the curriculum program which is why our kids do not write well. Then you send your child to high school and they flounder because they can't write! This school needs an academic overhaul because its not getting our kids up to potential. St. Lucy's is run by cliques in administration and among the teaching staff. We need outsiders to come in and change the internal workings of this school. Years ago, we had such terrific teachers, now we have only a few. The rest of them simply cannot teach. The loss of so many wonderful programs Dr. Muterarelli put in place is a sad commentary on a school which is in a downward spiral. It lacks integrity, professionalism and there's too much inbreeding!

St Lucy's School