9-12|Private

Bad
Good

LOVE THE SCHOOL! SCA has made my daughters high school experience amazing. I recommend this high school to every girl looking for a safe place to learn and achieve your goals. Congratulations to the St. Catharines staff and faculty.

I am very happy that I choose this school for my dàughter. The moment you walk into the school you feel welcomed by all. One of the many things that I liked about the school is their updated technology system. Every student has their own iPad which has all the textbooks needed for their classes. St. Catharine also has many clubs and sports available for the students. The clubs are a great opportunity for the students to make friends and improve on their skills.

The school is strict when it comes to dress code and electronics. The teachers are below average. And the ones that are exceptional, leave. Some of these teachers are just plain, ole' brainless or have some kind of quality that makes them really, boringly DULL. The teachers in the foreign language department are just- no comment... Others have really horrible attitudes and act entitled. Otherwise, the food is great!

Hello, I would like to advise for everyone to send their daughters to S. C. A. They are one of the best schools in the Bronx. Their cheerleaders are the best. The teachers care. The girls are happy and safe. I graduated in 2002 and they prepared me for many challenges in life. I would like for my daughter to go their when she is in high school. Thanks Miss Love

I currently go to this school and I do not like it. I cannot wait to to leave this school. The teachers do not know how to teach and if you complain they dont do anything about it. I am paying 7 Thousand each year for this bad education. Sure they are strict but I do not care about that If im not getting good education. I wish I went to Spellman or another school. Such a disappointment!

While at once sorry to learn of your daughter's pain, I am reluctant to agree with your assessment of the school culture. There are few schools where a zero tolerance mandate regarding behavior is so steadfastly upheld. I grow concerned when sweeping generalities ("The girls that attend that school are vicious ...) make it to the public sphere... as there is no room left for civil resolution of the matter before us. I fully understand parental advocacy; however in this instance your comments unfairly defame the character and aspirations of all young women in attendance at the school.

I cannot help be by skeptical of the reviews written because this schools is horrendous. The principal and administrators lack leadership. The girls that attend the school are vicious and cannot be controlled as are the parents. My daughter was assaulted in the school and they did absolutely nothing about it. If you are not concerned about your daughters safety than this is the school for you.

I am a current 8th grader though I have not experinced sca for myself yet it is an awesome school. I have friends that go there and they love it. Its one of the best schools in the bronx . I have went to sca's "hospataility day" and it was WAY better then the spend-a-days I went to . Send your daughter here. I put sca first on my tachs test and if I get accepted . Without a doubt I am attending !!!!

St. Catharine academy is a great school. I went there for my four years of high school and just graduated on in 2008. I miss it so much, i try to go back to visit whenever i can. You will meet some great people there. The people are nice - even the girls, the teachers are excellent and nice & there are are so many clubs, sports and extra curricular activities you can do & they offer great internships and other programs that you can do outside of the school also. Sca helped me so much. Thank you sca family & to my mom for putting me in such a wonderful school. My four years at sca were amazing. I will never forget it.

I am a current student from SCA and i graduate in 2009. I like the school but it is very very very strict. Being a private, catholic all girls school i guess the job is to maintain order by controlling every aspect of a students life but sometime they go over board! Plus this school will nickel and dime you until you are forced to sell your house. You have to pay for everything! Tuition is going higher and higher every year. So if you choose to go to this school, please understand cost is an issue. They do offer financial aid, but they are very selective. Though the price is steep the overall quality of the education is great.

Last modified St Catharine Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12