Santa Maria School 3

Posted April 16, 2013
Here's an updated review. School teachers are great very involved however due to many Catholic Schools closing , classes are becoming over crowed. My son is in Kindergarten and he has 33 students in his class. Yes 33 Five year olds in his class. Ms. Sementa is amazing and very capable of handling the students. They almost have no Administrative Staff, simply one person handling everything for the entire school and this same person facilates the afterschool program. This is my main issue with the school because this person is overwhemed and its obvious to all. If they were able to get some volunteers or other administrative staff, the school parent staff involvement will be much more pleasant and welcoming. Hope this helps

Santa Maria School 3

Posted February 01, 2011
My son is in the Pre K 3 program 2 full days a week and he absolutely loves it. Again he is only 3 and is being instructed by a licensed early childhood teacher in a small classroom of 16 3 year olds and 2 aides. He always has an exciting story to tell when he comes home from school... he even sometimes tells me if he was not behaving. His teacher Ms. R is wonderful and patient and does not hesitate to take the time to tell me how he behaved daily whether good or not so good. Communication between parent and teachers are crucial for student success and this school understands that. Sister Bridget as well as all other staff are really sweet and professional and they really give the feel of family environment . I am excited to enroll my son in the Pre-K 4 program this upcoming September.

Posted January 26, 2011
I am very happy with the change of school for my daughter. She went to St. Helena from 2003 to 2009 and we saw that if she stayed in this school was not going to see progress as there are no activities to encourage students to improve now in Santa Maria are very pleased with the school since it has music activities, art, computers and much more which helps the development of students

Santa Maria School 2

Posted February 01, 2010
Well, my child has been attending this school for the past four years, and will be graduating next year. Our time here at SMS has left a sour taste in my mouth. The administration person is either not as competent as she should be or is overwhelmed by the job. There is no consistency with the teaching staff. A handful of them are great teachers;the others, not so much. My child has had personal property destroyed and stolen from her. If I had it to do over, my child would not have attended this school. The one shining star in that place is the current 7th grade teacher. He is a warm, caring, gentle person. He actually takes the time to give me a call should there be any issues or matters that need to be addressed. I only hope he will move up to the 8th grade next year.

Posted December 13, 2008
This school is awsome its so much fun and we learn alot i defanatly recomend this school to everyone the students are friendly and the teachers are great. The princible is always smiling and is so funny. i was a student there and i think my experiance there was great.

Santa Maria School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
This is a very warm, welcoming, and accepting school. My son is 4 years old and absolutely loves going to school. The teachers are very understanding and try to meet each child's individual needs. The principal is available whenever I need to speak with her and does much to improve the school. I am very excited about this school! I love it!

Santa Maria School 2

Posted June 12, 2008
Principal leadership: Poor, very difficult to see her...never available.

Posted February 19, 2008
This School is like no other. I love it here because it is like no other school my daughter has ever been to. The parents are kind and the teachers are attentive to every child's needs. The academics are better that great and the best part is that it is the one schoolthat has a science lab! Sending my child to this school is the best idea I've ever had because it allows her to speak freely and allows her not to get critisized by others. Homework is also not an issue because she gets a lot of it to practice what she learned in the day. I am content and overjoyed that my daughter foung a school that is like Santa Maria. Thank You!

Santa Maria School 0

Posted December 12, 2007
I think Santa Maria School is a great school. Ive gone there since pre-K and until 8th. I wouldnt ask for more from this school. I learn alot and have great friends.

Santa Maria School 4