Posted August 08, 2014
Horrible school. I can't even express that enough. The only good teacher they have there is Mr. Seuipal and Ms. Suarez, I heard Ms. Suarez is gone, and Seuipal is still there, he was tuff on everyone, but everyone passed and did well with him. They deserve to work elsewhere anywhere. The extracurricular activities suck and there's a very small amount of children there.

Posted June 24, 2014
St. Philip Neri is not the best school around and has very few good teachers. The technology teacher is fine my child never complains about him in fact she says he is one of the few good teachers in that school besides: Mark Sieupaul, Annie Rivers, Jessica Bitz, Jennifar Amos, and Lorraine Oritz.Iam happy teachers like them are in that school they made it worth sending my child there for the last 6 1/2 years

Posted February 20, 2014
I have a prek child in this school. I am very disappointed with the school. When I first toured the school there was an older experienced pre k teacher. When my child started The lady had retired. Now as stated on another review. The children do not go out even though the school have a back yard. As far as I can tell they play and sleep for an hour and fifteen mins each day. It is not a prek as in "School" is more like pre k as in DAYCARE. "Gym" is inside they only take the children out when is time to go.my child is happy I have no complaints in that regard, but which child is not happy with friends and play time? Academically they do not do and will not challenge your chils. They will take care of the children, give them a few activities and thats it. If your child shows ability to do more they will not challenge him/her. If So we have childrlearning to count to 20 and the abc's that's it. That's what is required and that s what they will do. I am pulling my child out as soon as the year is over. I believe those early years are the most important in a child's life and St. Philip Neri unfortunately does not have the same believe.

St Philip Neri School 2

Posted January 26, 2014
pre school school unexpectedly closes due to ongoing boiler repairs janitor is always in the classroom like if he was a one of the pre k teachers its just odd ..the kids are sorounded by four walls no windows blinds are shut ...kids are not let out to play outside

St Philip Neri School 2

Posted November 06, 2013
I have two children attending this school and I am not happy with the school. There is gym and technology class which might as well be non existent because my children come home telling me that he does nothing with them, plays on he phone during gym. As for technology class they don't learn anything in this class except how to play games on the computer because that's all they do while he once again plays games on his phone. They don't do anything really except complain that they don't want to go on field trips, help with dances or any fund raisers, they don't even do field day, they want to get payed for every minute of their time. They complain about parents not wanting to volunteer and help out around the school but really who would want to with the attitudes of the teachers and principal which are NOT welcoming. Plus if you do volunteer to help you give a inch they want to take a mile but do not know how show their gratitude but ask for more. PLEASE GET A REAL GYM AND TECHNOLOGY TEACHER because the one that is there is the teacher for both class but not even doing a proper job. Not One last thing just because the staff denies bullying is going on in the school WAKE UP IT IS.

Posted August 03, 2013
I was a student here and could not wait until I graduated. I can not stress how horrible this school is. Some teachers are good and some teachers are horrible. I found most of them are completely unorganized and don't bother teaching students correctly. I have lost count of how many times teachers used their phones or chatted with other talkative students. I remember my fifth grade teacher stopping the middle of a lesson to answer a question that one of my extroverted peers had asked. Answering a question is completely fine but dropping the whole lesson to answer the question AND TO CHAT WITH A STUDENT AS IF SHE WAS A FRIEND is just terrible. Most teachers are quite harsh and give unfair punishments. As a former student, you may think I'll be a tad biased but I had never received punishment or one of the teachers' famous yelling storms but only observed other troublemakers. The principle useless. She has done little to nothing for the improvement of that school. There are no field trips at all and we rarely had events. The school is disgusting and hot in the summer. Myself and many friends have found ourself fainting. They have AC but they are bloody useless. There are huge bugs.

Posted September 05, 2012
I have experienced many disappointments since Mrs Heed became principal. She hears nothing and does nothing to resolove issues. She has enabled inappropriate behavior from staff. I transferred my children because of the amount of stress that the school has given me. The teachers never respond when you call. They call when its to late. They are Overwhelmed and disorginized as whole. The teacher are unprofessional with worse behavior than the children. Its one thing to have to watch over your children, its another when you have to treat the teachers the same way.

Posted January 08, 2012
I have 2 children attending St. Philip Neri school now and I'm impressed with the lower school but the upper school is horrible. Some teachers don't get back to you in time with any academic issues until it's too late, the principal is horrible because like another parent stated -she has her own agenda. Mrs. Heed came from the administrative office not as an experienced educator nor prinicipal. She doesn't listen to the parents. I stayed because the lower school is excellent but i'm thinking about elsewhere. The bathroom is dreary, 2 toilets on the 1st. floor, no papertowels, soap, and only 1 sink. There's no guidance after school for the kids.. The $300.00 mandatory fundraising fee should pay for some of the fixtures or services needed for the students. The lunch is served cold with complaints but there's a fee, the gym teacher smokes all day and don't give too much of a workout for the kids, the music teacher is gone, and no language class .The school is promising but it starts with getting rid of the leadership and listen to the parents testimonials. This was once the # 1 catholic school in the Bronx- lets start the trend again

St Philip Neri School 5

Posted September 14, 2011
At St. Philip Neri children are expected to succeed. The teachers really care, the principal is excellent. As a nervous parent that I am I don't feel comfortable leaving my daughter anywhere, But as soon as I visited the school and saw how everyone acts like a big family, the parents care, the teachers go the extra mile for the students and the principal is very involved. I recommend this school to all parents. If you are serious about your child's education this is the school for you. My child is now in the first grade and I couldn't be happier with the school, i look forward to enrolling my son as well for next years kindergarten class.

St Philip Neri School 5

Posted December 18, 2010
My children attend this school and now that the school is under a new princpal Mrs. Heed it has been improving so much.

St Philip Neri School