Bronx, NY

Posted December 20, 2014
I am the very proud parent of 2 children who have graduated from Villa Maria Academy. My children not only received an excellent education but were included in a family setting that was caring and concerned. They are on the road to success due to the wonderful foundation they experienced. Thank you VMA.

Posted December 16, 2014
Villa Maria has been a great school for as long as I've had my son there, 6 years now. The teachers have always been very helpful and dedicated to his education. The principal is always putting children first. She is such a caring woman. I really like the atmosphere there. The school is really well maintained and everything is well taken care of. I'm really happy with everything that Villa Maria has offered my son.

Posted December 14, 2014
As a former student, I look back on my time at the Villa and thank my parents for making such a great choice for myself and my siblings. There are so many times that I think about what an amazing education I received there, and I know it provided me with a solid foundation for my future. I still cherish the friendships I made at the Villa. Your children will know too what a wonderful place the Villa is.

Posted December 10, 2014
I can not thank Villa Maria Academy, its faculty, staff and administration for the great education they gave my daughter. She was well prepared for High School. She received scholarships to the high schools of her choice because of the solid foundation given to her. She was taught the academic skills as well as the social graces to go out in to society and make a difference. From her first days in Pre-K to her graduating days at VMA, our family was blessed to be a part of this school community!

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
There is a very large problem at this school. I'm pulling my children out. This school is a joke. PIng pong at gym, an art teacher that yells at them. Lunch Mom's who SCREAM at my children and refuse to open water caps and thermos's. My children are so unhappy every morning and when they come home every afternoon. All of the K-1 parents love their "new school" but like the posted below said just wait. Save your money. There is no security at the school and anyone can walk in and walk out with your child unannounced. Even the great teachers are unhappy and it's starting to show in their teaching. Don't try to request a teacher unless you're a popular parent. You also have aides subbing for your kids who barely have high school diplomas. Such a disgrace.

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
You new parents think it's so wonderful check in with me again after 3rd grade and see if you feel the same way !

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2014
Villa is a beautiful school with caring and dedicated teachers, with the exception of one or two teachers who can have favorites. My oldest son, now in college with a 3.7 GPA absolutely loved VMA and has maintained friendships that could only be fostered in a family oriented school. Villa taught him to study hard, challenge himself, and most of all, to embrace spirituality. At times, he had difficulties getting along with some of his teachers, but truthfully that could happen in any school, after all that is part of life. I taught him to deal with it and move on. This too was a valuable lesson that helped him build character. I have another son and he too loves VMA. He is excelling in all subjects because he studies and is of average intelligence consequently teachers love to teach him. The school may not be perfect in everyway, but it does allow our children to succeed in many areas of life. I feel at ease dropping my son off every single morning knowing that he is safe and is in a learning environment where he feels comfortable. Keep in mind that if one or two teachers aren t supportive to children, one should not generalize the behavior and put the entire school down.

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2014
I am a former student and have several children in the school. There are pros and cons to every school. The staff is nurturing and caring. I do agree that the lunch ladies can be unfair at times. (My children have come home with many stories. I guess giving someone a little bit of power....) The academics are great until 3rd grade. Although I liked both 3rd grade teachers on a personal level they did NOT teach well. The 4th grade teachers had to do A LOT of "catch up". 2 of my children went through 4th grade and I was very happy with both of them. The teacher that was a referred to as a "disgrace" taught my daughter to LOVE writing. I am concerned that the 4th grade is going down to 1 class. I pay this high tuition so that my children can have small classes. I am also concerned that some of the "teachers" are not certified teachers. This is VERY concerning to me..especially with state tests and common core. I honestly think that the school can be so much more if there is teacher accountability and they implemented the public school curriculum. I HOPE that VMA improves as I do not want to have to take my children out.

Posted August 05, 2014
I think the Villa Maria is the best school in the bronx.. As a former student, former and present parent, I recommend this school highly...

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 4

Posted July 02, 2014
To the parent who posted on June 24. I am the physical education teacher you are referring to in your post. You said my daughter, who taught your daughter, is a disgrace because your daughter needed a tutor in her class. I just want you to know that not everyone feels this way. So many parents have told me that their children have had wonderful experiences in her class.They said she makes learning fun and truly cares about her students. And yes, while teaching the advanced classes, she does push her students to succeed, especially to meet the demands of the challenging Common Core Standards. Drop by my office and I will personally give you the names of all the parents whose children have thoroughly enjoyed being in her class. In fact, I will also give you the names of the many third grade parents who had requested to have their child in her class in September. My daughter has never been "a disgrace". I am so proud of her!

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School
3335 Country Club Road, Bronx, NY  10465
Last modified Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top