Bronx, NY

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2015
Run while you can !!! I want everyone who's considering this school for the new year DO NOT GO TO THiS SCHOOL ... They are losing students left and right !! You can pay the same amount or less for better education just do some research ... Teachers run the show as as far a as a education waste of money !!!!! It may take new parents a few years to see what there all about but then u will see I was right !

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2015
Third grade is a disgusting!!!!!!! If your kids like to color and do crafts it's perfect fit for you!!! 3rd grade is a pivotal academic year which they must meet common core standards that's why we must replace teachers that need to retire!!! It's imperative that we as parents speak up so our kids will not suffer.

Posted March 09, 2015
What was true 45 and 50 years ago is true today. Villa Maria Academy is an excellent academic and nurturing environment in which to educate your child. As a graduate of both the elementary and ( at the time) the high school, I learned how to be a self motivated ,creative, independent thinker and team player. The Villa provided me with the skills I needed to succeed in the professional and personal areas of my life. I was well prepared for each step I took because of the educational leadership exhibited by the teachers I had at the Villa. The sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame continue to inspire their staff to instill in every student the desire and motivation to achieve their fullest potential. I am grateful everyday that my parents chose to send me to Villa Maria Academy.

Posted February 07, 2015
I have had one child that graduated from the Villa and one still there. I have been very satisfied and felt like the teachers and administration are caring and competent. I know I made the right choice.

Posted December 20, 2014
I am the very proud parent of 2 children who have graduated from Villa Maria Academy. My children not only received an excellent education but were included in a family setting that was caring and concerned. They are on the road to success due to the wonderful foundation they experienced. Thank you VMA.

Posted December 16, 2014
Villa Maria has been a great school for as long as I've had my son there, 6 years now. The teachers have always been very helpful and dedicated to his education. The principal is always putting children first. She is such a caring woman. I really like the atmosphere there. The school is really well maintained and everything is well taken care of. I'm really happy with everything that Villa Maria has offered my son.

Posted December 14, 2014
As a former student, I look back on my time at the Villa and thank my parents for making such a great choice for myself and my siblings. There are so many times that I think about what an amazing education I received there, and I know it provided me with a solid foundation for my future. I still cherish the friendships I made at the Villa. Your children will know too what a wonderful place the Villa is.

Posted December 10, 2014
I can not thank Villa Maria Academy, its faculty, staff and administration for the great education they gave my daughter. She was well prepared for High School. She received scholarships to the high schools of her choice because of the solid foundation given to her. She was taught the academic skills as well as the social graces to go out in to society and make a difference. From her first days in Pre-K to her graduating days at VMA, our family was blessed to be a part of this school community!

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
There is a very large problem at this school. I'm pulling my children out. This school is a joke. PIng pong at gym, an art teacher that yells at them. Lunch Mom's who SCREAM at my children and refuse to open water caps and thermos's. My children are so unhappy every morning and when they come home every afternoon. All of the K-1 parents love their "new school" but like the posted below said just wait. Save your money. There is no security at the school and anyone can walk in and walk out with your child unannounced. Even the great teachers are unhappy and it's starting to show in their teaching. Don't try to request a teacher unless you're a popular parent. You also have aides subbing for your kids who barely have high school diplomas. Such a disgrace.

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2014
Villa is a beautiful school with caring and dedicated teachers, with the exception of one or two teachers who can have favorites. My oldest son, now in college with a 3.7 GPA absolutely loved VMA and has maintained friendships that could only be fostered in a family oriented school. Villa taught him to study hard, challenge himself, and most of all, to embrace spirituality. At times, he had difficulties getting along with some of his teachers, but truthfully that could happen in any school, after all that is part of life. I taught him to deal with it and move on. This too was a valuable lesson that helped him build character. I have another son and he too loves VMA. He is excelling in all subjects because he studies and is of average intelligence consequently teachers love to teach him. The school may not be perfect in everyway, but it does allow our children to succeed in many areas of life. I feel at ease dropping my son off every single morning knowing that he is safe and is in a learning environment where he feels comfortable. Keep in mind that if one or two teachers aren t supportive to children, one should not generalize the behavior and put the entire school down.

Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School
3335 Country Club Road, Bronx, NY  10465
Last modified Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Villa Maria Academy-Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top