Posted November 20, 2014
Principal Hemrich is completely disconnected from the families of the students. I've reached out to her on several occasions about an ongoing issue with a staff member (not a teacher) and she is disinterested. The issue has escalated to the point where I have decided to remove my child. I mean, seriously. Would she rather me report her and her staff to the archdiocese, ESPECIALLY with all the closures?

St Francis Of Assisi School 5

Posted February 25, 2014
My 6 year old loves SFA and I am impressed with the administration and teacher responsiveness/involvement. Academically they are strong, and I love that homework is a solid review of what they are learning in the classroom. This makes for a strong home/school connection. Keep up the great work SFA!

Posted August 01, 2013
This school is so UNORGANIZED! Parent are always asking one another when is this or that? the school is so unorganized. If you need an answer to your question the only person who can answer a simple question is the principle! Why is that? Even, if you ask your child s teacher a simple question she tells you to ask the principle. When you go to the principle you re always told that she s so busy!!! She never follows up with nothing believe me parents do get together and compare their stories.

St Francis Of Assisi School 5

Posted January 23, 2013
I am pleased to say my child attends St. Francis of Assisi School. My child has had wonerful teachers. My child is doing very well academically and socially. What more can you ask of a school. Not long ago I was faced with a serious situation. The Principal and the Business Manager were by our sides every step of the way. In our time of need they were there for us.They were very supportive and understanding. My family and I will forever be grateful. We are truly looking forward to many more years with this great school. I would recommed this school without any hesitate. Keep up the great work St Francis of Assisi

Posted January 07, 2013
I removed both of my children from this school. The principal has no clue about what is going on in the school and the classes are out of control. Also the principal is very vindictive after complaining to her about my concerns with the school she started singling out my children every chance she got, making them miserable that they started crying not to go to school anymore. The test scores are good only because most parents work with their children at home and others pay for private tutoring. The only teachers that I would recommend in that school are the 7th and 8th grade because they really care and work hard to keep their students on track. The others are pathetic excuses of teachers. Save your money put your child in public or charter school, this school is worse than being in public school so why pay for it. Removing my children from this school is the best thing I have ever done for them academically. This catholic school has turned me off from all other catholic school. It starts from the top..leadership is poor, she is not fit to be a principal. They need to kick her out, maybe the 8th grade teacher would do a better job at getting the school back on track..

St Francis Of Assisi School 2

Posted September 27, 2012
I am planning to remove my daughter from this school. She has been here since pk3, but every year it seems the staff, attitudes and monitoring of the children gets worse. It is September only and my daughter already has bruises from being pushed, learned some ghetto song in the classroom, told to get better rest at home than laying on the table... Teacher did not even check to see if she was ill. After school my daughter told me , I felt her forehead she was real warm. She had a fever of 102.9 - 103.4. I kept her home the next day and am currently looking for a new school. I am totally disappointed.

Posted July 13, 2012
My daughter completed 3 years here then I had to take her out. Best decision I made, as a matter of fact this catholic school has turned me off from all other catholic school. It starts from the top..leadership is poor, when I first saw the principal I raised my brows- an old woman in a mini skirt, and I am not a prude! Mrs. H does not lead by example. I found the dedication from the teachers was lacking and there is too much inconsistency in what is expected from the students. One teacher only gave home work on fridays in another grade it was mondays and wednesdays. For $500 a mth I expected a lot more so I took her out and put her in a charter school and I am happy to say I am getting better for less!!

Posted June 29, 2011
The principal and staff are crude and curt. Strong leadership is non-existent. They expect the parents to do their job for them. Informing parents that a child is in danger of repeating the grade should definitely be a top priority. However, this school is more concerned with tuition and kicking out students who they deem unwanted to keep their stats high. After 2 years of this school, any hardworking parent would have had enough. Teachers only want to help the students who are doing well which defeats the purpose of paying a $5000 premium to get less than a public school education. STAY AWAY! With poor extracurricular programs combined with poor teaching and empathy for the fellow American, I would say this school is a no-go. Unless your child goes to small Catholic high school, they will not be prepared for life ahead. This school sits in a bubble. No wonder they are having trouble financially. I hope the archdiocese closes this school soon. I have issued several formal complaints due to the lack of communication, respect and responsibility. PARENTS BEWARE!!!

St Francis Of Assisi School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
The principal is excellent. She genuinely cares for the success of the children at SFA. I have two children at this school, one in Kindergarten, and the other in third grade. The teachers are very accessible and the children receive challenging coursework. The principal regularly boasts of the overall favorable statistics of state exams every chance she gets. This simply inspires me to keep my chlidren in this school. She recently reported that the eighth grade in total received over $300,000 in scholarships. That's impressive! Yes, they lack the science lab and a designated school library. It would be nice if they could somehow create a science lab in the school. However, each classroom has a library that I consider acceptable. My third grader loves to read, and brings home books that are well over her grade level. The new music coordinator is fabulous!

St Francis Of Assisi School 4

Posted June 18, 2009

St Francis Of Assisi School
4300 Baychester Avenue, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis Of Assisi School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top