Bronx, NY

Posted February 05, 2013
I have two children going to Holy Cross School, since Pre-k 3. My older son is in 4th grade and the youngest in 1st grade. Both are in the honors list. The teachers have been nothing but awesome, when I have questions or concerns they have made themselves available and are very helpful. I must say that we get out of our children's education what we as paretns put into it. It is not the job of just the teachers to educate our children, we must be actively involved as well. We must engage the teacher, the staff and everyone in the school. It is not just their responsibility to build relationships and be pleasant to us, as parents again we must reach out and let them know that we appreciate allt he work they do...after all they are caring for our children. To the teachers, staff and Mr. Z, Thank you for the wonderful work you do.

Posted April 25, 2012
My son has been in this school for 4 years and my daughter has been in this school for 3 years. The students and staff are awesome. The original teachers of the school are the best. Some of the teachers that transferred in from other schools are (how can I put this?) not as good. Ms. Gomez, Ms. Soriano, Mrs. Flanders, Ms. Perez, Ms. Fernez, Ms. J, and a couple of other original Teachers get thumbs up!!!! Mr. Z is a great principal. The one thing the school needs is more extracurricular activities. Maybe some sports. Besides that I can't complain.

Holy Cross Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2012
I have two children .. a 7 year old boy and a 4 year old girl and recently (this year) started them at this school. My wife and I were advised by the principal of St.John Vianney whom we highly respected that although St. Raymonds was a bigger and more known school that Holy Cross was smaller and offered more personal attention. . My wife and i agonized over the decision about where to send our children for some time before deciding on this place. well sadly we are highly disappointed and cant wait for the school year to end. the administration staff is rude and very matter of fact. they make it seem as if they are paying you to send your children to them. my wife and i have been supremely frustrated dealing with them and refuse to continue paying TOP DOLLAR (ST RAYMONDS IS CHEAPER BY THE WAY) to send ouR children to this PUBLIC SCHOOL. i am going to end this here because i could write a book about the negative things at this school and how horrible this place is. my advice DONT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!!!!!!!!

Holy Cross Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2010
(I was once a Holy Cross Student. I went there from PreK to 8th grade. So did my my little brother and cousins. If there one thing I truly miss from Holy Cross is the welcoming feeling you recieve there. ) really? when did u go to school there. i also was a student there, i hung out with a kid there. he also had a cousin and a little brother who went there. whats your name?? lol

Posted March 18, 2010
My son graduated from Holy Cross School 4 years ago. I have to give thanks and praise to Holy Cross School for their strong educational foundation. My son has held First and Second Honors all through high school and now has been accepted to the University of Hartford, in Connecticut. Thank you to the staff and to Principal Zalamea for recognizing him and recommending him for the summer programs at Fordham University two years in a row. Thank you!

Posted February 15, 2010

Holy Cross Elementary School 0

Posted September 29, 2009
I give it no stars. After 6 years in holy cross, my sons reading level was that of a 3 greader yet they passed him in holy cross. My new school has brought his level up

Holy Cross Elementary School 1

Posted June 29, 2009

Posted March 18, 2009

Posted February 09, 2009
I Have been in hcs for 2 years i am currently a seventh grader all that i have to say is that the jounior high is the best and i love my teachers Mrs. Wales,Ms. Diaz, and Ms. J ! they are the best and yes we do stwich classes every two periods but only on fridays we swich in the after noon. we dont have many extra corricular activities. one thing is the volley ball that is quite convincing. i cant wait till next year that we graduate. not that this school is bad but i just cant wait till im a senior =] SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!!

Holy Cross Elementary School
1846 Randall Avenue, Bronx, NY  10473
Last modified Holy Cross Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Cross Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top