Posted March 12, 2015
I have been teaching at Saint Joseph's School for over 24 years. In that time I have seen many families bring their children, family members and friends to our school. We are a family (Saint Joseph's Family). As a Catholic school we not only teach the children academics, but we also teach the children how to live their lives like Jesus would like them to live. Our day runs from 7:50am to 4:30pm (PK 3 - 8). We also have an early drop off available where breakfast is served and an afterschool program that runs until 6pm, not to mention the band and its countless performances. Please feel free to pay us a visit.

Posted March 10, 2015
I'm displeased with what I have read regarding Saint Joseph. My children attended there and one has graduated with a partial scholarship to a Catholic high school. The teachers go above and beyond for many of the children. My children were helped by teachers who arrived early to help with academics. The band was a wonderful place for my child to express himself musically. The cost if the lesson are far less expensive than traditional schools. It is a long day. But, I feel that the extended day has had an impact on my child's education. Yes, some classes are overcrowded, but I know the teachers are doing the very best they can. Too many Catholic schools are closing and finding a less crowded school in the neighborhood is not easy. I want my child to receive a religious education. So kudos, to the staff, administration, teachers, and parent volunteers. I'm a satisfied parent.

Posted March 09, 2015
I am very satified with Saint Joseph School. This school is a family oriented school and has made a big differece in my childs life academicly. The stafff is very friendly and helpful especially around the holidays. They give out turkeys n different type of foods for the less fortunate.... I really appreciate the things the staff n principal does for families in saint joseph school..... You all are so appreciated. Thank you!

Posted September 23, 2014
Unfortunately, I have to agree this school is not where I want to send my child. I would rather send my child to a known high rated Charter School instead of sending her to this parochial school. There is a lot of students who have behavioral issues and bullying is a big issue. Any student can enroll without any screening. The teachers are mediocare or below average. I gather keeping consistent high enrollment will keep this school open, but beware.

Posted July 31, 2014
I agree with the parent who posted on March 16, 2014. Am a graduate of Saint Joseph School not so long ago. 5th grade was amazing..three years later a joke. Don't get me wrong the teachers are hard workers and care about the students but the principal, may have a nice side, but doesn't know the meaning of being a principal of the school. I honesty would not put my own kids in this waste of time, waste of money school. Seriously I don't get how some kids or parents are satisfied with the school especially when this school has bullies who turn into convicts and staffs who don't care. END OF STORY. WORST SCHOOL OF MY LIFE. I HOPE THIS SCHOOL CLOSE DOWN.

Posted March 16, 2014
The classes are overcrowded (up to over 40 children per class) and alot of the children suffer because of it. Most, if not all, of the upper grades have over 30 children in each class with one teacher and no TA. Most of the teachers and administrative staff are pleasant and the children that attend the school seem eager to learn however, the teachers do not have enough time or assistance to provide individual help to children who may be struggling in learning some of the challenging standards of the common core curriculum. The principal of this school has poor leadership skills and lacks compassion. She does the bare minimum and would rather blame the child for his/her shortcomings rather than provide the necessary staffing and help the students need. Based on what I've seen, the teachers and students seem willing to excel however, with poor leadership; they can only get but so far.

Posted September 26, 2013
Not a great school. I had my 5 yr old daughter attend kindergarden here since i am a working parent and the hours offered by the school are great. With the positive thought of a better education been that the school district has pretty bad schools in the area, i decided to put her there. Well let me tell you, she learned way more in pre-k at her old public school than she did at st. Joseph. Through out the whole yr her teacher kept telling me she was doing great and even was on top of her class. I recently moved to queens and put her in public school and now i see the gap of all the things she should of learn but unfortunately has not. It is sad that i pay a whole yr of tuition for an eduation she did not received. Above the fact that they had 43 kids in that class thing that i should of seen as the first mistake. And lets not forget, every week they ask for money from students for any reason eg: icecream, dress down day, among other things. So dissapointed because now my daughter has a whole yr to catch up on, and to know that i could of done something. Its aggravating. I dont meN to put the school down, after all it is a business, but kids shouldnt be treated like that.

Posted May 11, 2012
My Daughter has attended St. Joseph's for two years. Academically she has done very well, though not to her full potential. I think compared to the surrounding schools, St. Joe's is the best option for academics. I do have other concerns with the school. The school claims to be a loving caring safe environment. I have heard the teachers yelling and reprimanding the children. My daughter has been picked on and bullied to the point she doesn't want to go to school. I expected a catholic school to teach "love your neighbor". Sadly this is not the case.

Posted September 18, 2011
My daughter attended this school from early age and eventually graduating from St Joseph's. While I agree on the education provided at an early age from this school was very good, however, it appears to be a break down from grades 5th - 8th grade and its cirriculum. It was a teacher issue and the lack of dedication where if it wasn't for my daughter being self taught at home she would have been another case issue. The hours do accomodate for working parents which was comfortable for me at this time and chorus was just introduced, but the students did get out of control at times where as for a Catholic environment I was surprised about this. My daughter is currently attending college and does not have any rave reviews from 5th - 8th grade and would not even go back to visit this school. All the young teachers who were eager to teach at this time left. I have a little one and I would not place her in this school. I would look elsewhere looking for a better environment and consistency in teaching.

Posted August 19, 2011
I graduated from St. Josephs Elementary School in 1960. They prepared me very well academically. Wish I could contact students I went to school with.

St. Joseph School