St Simon Stock School 5

Posted July 09, 2013
I am a student at this school and I have to say that this school has been my push to success and this school gives great opportunities for all the students. I have even had the opportunity to receive a scholorship for Marymount High School which has a tuition of $49,000 and is located in 5th Ave. Saint Simon Stock's teachers aren't "five stars", but there are opportunities for everyone here. The school is very "money sucking" according to parents and pretty cheap, but I love the office staff including Mrs.Gigi and and Father Nelson is one of the most loving and caring fathers in the parish. I really encourage you to enroll your child and I am glad to say that I am close to be 'Class of 2014' VALECDICTORIAN!!!!! Love, from the Bronx....

St Simon Stock School 5

Posted December 11, 2008
Excellent school to attend. My child has been there since the first grade and now that my child is in eighth grade, I must say this school has never let me down. It has appropriate resources available to all students. Teacher and other staff member are all great people. Others say that they are mean but can you imagine a school with no discipline. If you have a child send him/her here and trusts me you won't regret it.

St Simon Stock School 3

Posted November 24, 2008
The school is 'OK'. The administration under Ms. Santiago, to my opinion wasn't that bad. The secretaries, however, do have an attitude problem and make us feel unwelcomed at the school. Our son is graduating this year and has opt out of Catholic schools because he doesn't like it at all! They have made the process of applying for public school extremly obscure and complicated by offering absolutely no guidance to us and basically leaving it up to us to investigate and find suitable schools not to mention they also made us turn in the application over 2 weeks before it is due at the DOE! In terms of teachers they are pretty good. The best teacher, left last year, was Mr. Garcia, awesome Math teacher, but unfortunately no longer there. I would say is a fair choice, only very minor discipline problems and average to above average academics.

St Simon Stock School 1

Posted March 26, 2008
My child has been in that school sinc ethe first grade, he is now in 7th grade. I have watched that school get worse every yr. Dr. Mulvey was an 'ok' principal, but lacked authority, the principal afetr her, ms Santiago was horrible. She had aithority but lacked profesionalism. She yelled, had atittudes with parents and was very out of control. it is sad that our children suffer. The pastor is at fault. Fr. nelson does not show any care for those kids, he lets people like the secretaries in the school and the bad principals run everything, we need some good administartion here!!!!

St Simon Stock School 0

Posted June 20, 2007
I'm a parent trying to provide the best education posible to my kids. Since the first moment I enter the St. Simon Stock School, I only got negativeness from its Principal Ms. Santiago. I found Ms. Santiago very disrespetful when treating people, not paying proper attention or keeping pre-scheduled appointments. I could go on, but this would be too long.

St Simon Stock School 1

Posted September 07, 2005

St Simon Stock School 4

Posted March 21, 2005
Very good school to attend. Teaches children morals as well as having a well rounded academic program. Good range of extracurricular activites available. Parent teacher conferences regularly and level of parent involvement high and greatly encouraged. Certified teachers and great principal.

St Simon Stock School