K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I believe that the school is under a wonderful transitional period. The school was just appointed a new Principal Jabouin aka "Mr. J." this September. I find he has brought some new an innovative things to the school such as: A dental van visit, an anti-bullying rally, a Trip to the U.N., guest speakers: Bx DA, NY State Assemblyman, and others as well. I haven't seen or heard of any safety issues at the school. I have found the Principal to be very available to everyone. He is often at the school late when the after school program is going on. Come and visit the school for yourself and draw your own opinion. My child will be coming back next year!

My daughter has been at this school since Kindergarten. I value the quality of education they provide and the close attention they keep on the students. This year, I have been very impressed by the new principal, Mr. Jabouin. His openness, sense of initiatives, offer of new ideas and direction are quite visible. The teachers are good and dedicated. They helped keep the school's education level among some of the bests in the state. Ms. Everett, Ms. O'Hara, Ms. Valdez, Ms. McGovern , Ms. Figue the new 4th grade teacher (Not to forget Mr. James who left a couple of years ago), and Sr. Lourdes have been great. They are a few among the great teachers there. I am proud that I have entrusted my daughter's education in this school. I truly wished they had grades 9 through 12.

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes a bit to much for me as a professional parent, but I think that is just to the students more engage in their learning and help reinforce what they have learned in class.

I am a student at this school and I have to say that this school has been my push to success and this school gives great opportunities for all the students. I have even had the opportunity to receive a scholorship for Marymount High School which has a tuition of $49,000 and is located in 5th Ave. Saint Simon Stock's teachers aren't "five stars", but there are opportunities for everyone here. The school is very "money sucking" according to parents and pretty cheap, but I love the office staff including Mrs.Gigi and and Father Nelson is one of the most loving and caring fathers in the parish. I really encourage you to enroll your child and I am glad to say that I am close to be 'Class of 2014' VALECDICTORIAN!!!!! Love, from the Bronx....

Excellent school to attend. My child has been there since the first grade and now that my child is in eighth grade, I must say this school has never let me down. It has appropriate resources available to all students. Teacher and other staff member are all great people. Others say that they are mean but can you imagine a school with no discipline. If you have a child send him/her here and trusts me you won't regret it.

The school is 'OK'. The administration under Ms. Santiago, to my opinion wasn't that bad. The secretaries, however, do have an attitude problem and make us feel unwelcomed at the school. Our son is graduating this year and has opt out of Catholic schools because he doesn't like it at all! They have made the process of applying for public school extremly obscure and complicated by offering absolutely no guidance to us and basically leaving it up to us to investigate and find suitable schools not to mention they also made us turn in the application over 2 weeks before it is due at the DOE! In terms of teachers they are pretty good. The best teacher, left last year, was Mr. Garcia, awesome Math teacher, but unfortunately no longer there. I would say is a fair choice, only very minor discipline problems and average to above average academics.

My child has been in that school sinc ethe first grade, he is now in 7th grade. I have watched that school get worse every yr. Dr. Mulvey was an 'ok' principal, but lacked authority, the principal afetr her, ms Santiago was horrible. She had aithority but lacked profesionalism. She yelled, had atittudes with parents and was very out of control. it is sad that our children suffer. The pastor is at fault. Fr. nelson does not show any care for those kids, he lets people like the secretaries in the school and the bad principals run everything, we need some good administartion here!!!!

I'm a parent trying to provide the best education posible to my kids. Since the first moment I enter the St. Simon Stock School, I only got negativeness from its Principal Ms. Santiago. I found Ms. Santiago very disrespetful when treating people, not paying proper attention or keeping pre-scheduled appointments. I could go on, but this would be too long.

Last modified St Simon Stock School is a Private school that serves grades K-8