Visitation School 4

Posted June 26, 2014
This school is great. They provide a well rounded, high level of academics. The teachers are wonderful and the Principal is very involved. They maintain a high level of discipline, as it should be, to keep our children safe and focused.

Posted August 28, 2013
I was happy with th teachers from k-2nd grade. After that I learned my daughter was being bullied. 3rd gr. teacher justified it and said my child should learn to fit in. Teacherr stated, she's annoying because shes always hummimg songs under her breath...(???really) Most of the PTA is comprised of parents of students who have already graduated and they are very clickish. They do not share info other then asking for money. The school has no lunch program and the auditarium is the gym with chairs. The music teacher is the gym teacher. there is no early drop off, gates open at 8:20 children go in at 8:30. They should realize more mothers work these days. Oh excuse me they did start an early drop off program but of course you have to pay for it. For the money we pay, just not worth it. Transferring my child asap.

Posted July 03, 2013
The school has no sports team. I dont go to the school anymore the teachers are nice but there are kids that are a bad influence -a student

Visitation School 1

Posted June 15, 2013
My child is going to the school and there is a group of kids that dont influence him correctly. The school is plain simple there is no physical ed. No real sports team and very unsatisfactory

Posted April 12, 2013
This is a great school!!!!!! Excellent for children, kids really learn @ Visitation. The teachers and staff very professional. Principal shows outstanding leadership and dedication to the children. My daughter look forward to going every day.

Visitation School 4

Posted August 28, 2012
I have two children in the school and am very happy. I read the reviews below and I feel for any kid who is being bullied, but I think compared to most schools the kids really treat each other well. Go to any schoolyard and watch the kids playing and you'll get a nice idea of how they are inside the building. Also the school's academics are pretty good - came in 2nd in Mt. St. Michael academic olympics last year - second to a much larger school in Manhattan in a wealthy neighborhood. Principal still sits and gives every student their report card every single marking period - pretty amazing.

Visitation School 1

Posted April 11, 2011
This school offers nothing in academics that challenges the students. The principal is lazy, she has children for other grades monitor the younger grades. My daughter was bullied by her class, I had gone to the principal and she did nothing to stop the bulling. I had requested a meeting with the children's parents and she simply said " I will speak to the girls before we can notify the parents". The bulling stopped when, the children had another new student to bully. The techers are very confrontational and so is the principal. I am glad to report that my children will not be attending this school.

Posted September 29, 2010
This school offers an excellent Catholic education and high academic standards. One of the top rated schools in the Bronx. Principal shows outstanding leadership and dedication to the children for over 25 years.

Posted May 18, 2010
Academically the school promotes quantity over quality and the after-school program is limited and exclusive to certain better acclimated families as is the "honors" programs. The faculty does not update its teaching methods and they are unwilling to speak with parents who cannot wiggle their way into the PTA. The Monsignor is a wonderful man however, he is not apart of the school, only religious affairs. Shame, I find him to be more responsive and caring. My son was verbally and physically bullied by older students and when I confronted the situation with his teacher to smooth things out, she put it off. When compared to other schools and their success rates, I mite end up doing the same as the parent below. Sorry.

Posted January 20, 2009