Bronx, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted December 13, 2014
I graduated from St. Gabriel's in 2007 and currently attend the University at Albany, and I must admit that I learned more at this elementary school than I did in high school. There is such a rigorous and rewarding academic curriculum that is also paired with a caring and committed faculty. The unique combination is ideal for enriching and inspiring young students. This school definitely inspired me to achieve more and I am very glad to have learned here.

Posted February 08, 2011
This was a great school to go to when I was child. It was a tight community of parents and teachers that really cared about academic excellence. I graduated in a class of 22 children and most I had known since I was 6yrs old (and still keep in contact with today almost 20 years later). I know that some teachers are still there from when I attended SGS like Mr. McCarthy. He's probably the most dedicated teacher I've ever had.

Posted January 12, 2010
I can't say enough good things about the quality of this school. I have a child in kindergarten and another in the upper grades; they both just love the school. The older one consistently receives very top scores in standardized tests each year and this is completely due to the quality of the teaching. One small downside: as the neighborhood has gentrified, we have seen a growing number of 'helicopter' parents who are overinvolved with their kids' education and who unreasonably expect the school to adapt its curriculum and practices to their individual preferences. Those parents can be a drag to be around, but they're in the minority and I think you'll find them in every school in this neighborhood now.

Posted September 30, 2009
This is the third year for my kid at this school.All I can say is good things,the Principal is excellent, very approachable and ready to listen.The office staff is also very dedicated and polite.The teachers are excellent in terms of quality of education.I would definately recommend this school .

Posted September 21, 2009
The children get the best education and are safe in their surroundings.

Posted September 19, 2009
Excellent teachers, great principal, structured education and community.

Posted September 19, 2009
St. Gabriel School provides an excellent education, preparing students for the demands of high school. Beyond that, the nurturing environment and sense of community set the school apart from others in the area. We love being part of the St. Gabriel School family.

Posted September 19, 2009
St. Gabriel's School is a wonderful school. The teachers are fantastic. They make learning fun. My children love going to school everyday. I thought my daughter would struggle in school as she is the youngest in the class, however, to my surprise, she is doing fabulously. Thanks to the wonderful teachers, she has an understanding of the work and is doing great. St. Gabriel's is a wonderful academic school and I am confident that my children are receiving the best education possible.

Posted September 18, 2009
St. Gabriels is not just a school it's a community! I have two girls, one who graduated last year and one in the second grade. St. Gabe's has been a second family to them. My oldest is attending a terrific high school and was so well prepared by the middle school teachers. The Principal is superb and is very dedicated to the children. The parents are friendly and supportive and I am very proud to be a part of this school.

Posted September 18, 2009
St. Gabriel school's academics are second to none. My children look forward to going to school every day and are consistently inspired by the superb teachers. The faculty is dedicated and committed to giving their students the tools needed to become successful in high school and college. The principal fosters a nurturing and happy environment where the students feel welcome to express their views. Parents have the peace of mind knowing that their children are being given the best opportunity to succeed in life.

St. Gabriel Elementary School
590 W 235th St, Bronx, NY  10463
Last modified St. Gabriel Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Gabriel Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top