Bronx, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted December 16, 2014
I'm the parent of a current student as well as a past graduate. I was very pleased with the academics and proud that my son was accepted to all of the High Schools that he applied to including Stepinac, Iona Prep and Fordham Prep. My daughter enjoys school and there is definite improvement since Mrs Bivona was brought in as Principal.

Posted November 17, 2014
I am very happy that my son is going to SC. I had him in another catholic school and was disappointed with the administration. This other school uses its Blue Ribbon status to promote it - this award was presented almost 5 years ago due to high test scores. SC is much more warm, heart felt and the education is equal to if not higher than his previous school. Mrs. Bivona is very approachable and concerned about the student's happiness and education, not the reputation of the school! My son has flourished since he has been at SC. He has come out of his shell and is doing so well academically! He feels confident to express his feelings now where as before, he was afraid to speak up. I am not thrilled with the size of his present classroom but it was basically the same in his former school. My main concern is my child's happiness and academic growth and this is what he is getting at SC. If you want your child to be at a school where he will be happy and loved, SC is the school! I can't thank SC enough for changing my son's life all around!

Posted June 13, 2014
PRINCIPAL WAS RECENTLY GIVEN AN AWARD FOR EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP FROM JEFF KLEIN! THIS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! This school is in great hands and it is the place to be. Our Music Teacher has a PhD and is an accomplished Jazz musician. The education received at St. Clares is on the same level as the other "great catholic schools" in the area. Our sports teams are 1st place in our division. Our HSA is determined, caring and proactive. Our school has a defibulator! The school is being updated/renovated. The students are happy and proud! The best thing I like about St Clares is that students from all over the Bronx/Yonkers attend our school. This is proof that our school is respected, well thought of and the place to be!!! No school is perfect, someone will always complain but SC is one of the best in the Bronx! Again, shows by our enrollment!!

Posted May 23, 2014
I am a parent of two children in the school and one that already graduated. We are happy to say with the new principal we are on top again and the children, teachers and parents are happy which makes a ton of a difference.

Posted May 21, 2014
I have been a parent in St. Clares for over 15 years and yes we have had our down and now we are having our ups. Our new principal has brought smiles back on teachers, students and even the parent's face. After speaking to teachers, their biggest comment was "We have real faculty meetings". The HSA is doing a great job in putting the money back into the school which has not been done in years. They have put new blinds in classroom, fixed the broken ones, new curtain on the stage, new water fountains on each floor, updated electrical. They also have more up their sleeves. The Sports Program had the gym floor refinished. St. Clare's has become a family again. I finally can say, You should definitely send your child to St. Clare's. The principal is very approachable which is what you want, her door is always open. ST. CLARES IS BACK ON THE RISE.

St. Clare School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
My daughter has attended St. Clares since Early Childhood, the one thing I can say is consistant is their main interest in money. $500.00 monthly for tuition, after school that is expensive, and lets not forget the constant PTA dues asking for $10.00 here and $30.00 there. Your child will not be permited to participate in activities if the dues are not paid. My daughter's teacher this year is unapproachable and hasn't developed any relationship with my daughter. I will most likely not be sending her back the following year.

St. Clare School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
St. Clare's has shown great improvement with the new administration and excellent help from the PTA. My daughter is very happy with her teacher. Even though the Common Core Curriculum has been a hassle to deal with, she is maintaining excellent grades. There are great activities for all grades, and for the parents too. My family and I are very happy with the school.

Posted December 22, 2013
The new administration, teachers, staff are all great. Happy that the school is the up and coming school to be

St. Clare School 2

Posted November 14, 2013
My son has attended St. Clares since Pre-K, And thru out the few years he has been there the school has made if perfectly clear that their main interest is money. Tuition is $500.00 monthly but everyday comes a note home from PTA for $10.00 here $30.00 there. And if you do not send in the money your child isn't allowed to participate in Christmas Shows or other activities. I feel like the PTA harass you in these letters. Makes you wonder does anyone proof read the letters before they are sent out to parents. This year my son's teacher is horrible!! She is completly unapproachable. She doesn't greet the children in morning in the yard, let alone the parents. The school itself had had some updates, due to the new administration. I just feel that as parent that is paying monthly to have my son in a good school, I should be able to ask questions, express concerns and have them met and answered in a respectful way. Alot of the kids that have started with my son have left the school to attend public schools or other private schools. I am thinking of removing him from the school as well. I hope the school makes some improvements in how they communicate with parents.

St. Clare School 3

Posted November 02, 2013
St.Clare"s is an adequate school ,except for math. Very disappointed that my son can be receiving a high 90 average but can"t pass the state exam. Questionable at best! Bad day?? I would like to think so ! the new common core?? Something needs to be done about the mathematics from early grades on. There needs to be some extra help given in math. I know my child isn't the only one who needs it. I am happy about most of the teachers my children have had. They are very dedicated and display true Christian values. I am hoping for the best with the new principal. She is making many changes. I hope all will benefit the children.

St. Clare School