Posted June 04, 2015
My daughter has been attending this school since Kindergarten and she's now in third grade. My son started in Pre-K and is now in first grade. I love this school! The staff is loving and care about the safety of all students. They provide a rigorous education that my children love. The administration and teachers are amazing, including but not limited to Ms. Carta, Ms. O'Rourke, Sr. Anna Theresa, Ms. D'Ipollito, Sr. Patrice, Sr. Francis, Ms. Pagan, and the entire faculty. My family and I have had a positive experience! We love Immaculate Conception! The best school in the Bronx!!!! Trust me. I am very active. There are many activities offered. The after school program offers great enrichment programs. A+

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
I am a current student. I am in 8th grade and have been here for 10 years. this school is horrible. don't get me wrong there are some nice things about this school but not enough. As a 8th grader since I was younger they always taught forgiveness but the principle and priest of my school still hasn't forgiven 8th grade for talking 4 months ago.. In this school you are not allowed to hug even if you are comforting us.... at lunch they follow us into the bathroom and wait outside the door.. You not allowed to sit or talk any boy even just as a friend.. at lunch if you try to speak to a boy there's a chance on a demerit...There are some nice teachers who try to help you stay out of trouble.. these teachers are like a father and mother.. You always going to have that one nice teacher... and The food is not food... I would never recommend anyone to come here.

Posted June 11, 2011
I have found this school to be one of the best schools in the bronx. My daughter has been there for several years and it has been a rewarding experience. I wouldn't change her to any other school in the bronx. I will be extremely sad when se graduates 8th grade and truly wish to find a high school with a great Principal, staff and teachers!

Posted November 02, 2010
Immaculate Conception School is a wonderful school. The school community fosters a caring, safe and spiritual environment. My son attended Pre-K and is currently in Kindergarten and his experince has been extremely positive. The teachers are absolutely great educators and I have witnessed the students truly respect and love their teacher.

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted October 14, 2010
I am attending I.C.S. this year and am in the 7th grade. I have been here since Pre-K and this has been my home away from home. I would say that I know this school pretty well. This school is not horrible, as people make it seem. Yes, we get a lot of homework but not enough to drive us insane. I usually finish at 11:00 p.m. but not only because of the amount of homework. The work here is really challenging, but the teachers here care for us students. If you need help, they are willing to help you. The teachers are not horrible. I would say that I know the teachers. They do not look for any excuse to give you a detention, whoever says that t that are exaggerating. Teachers are to busy trying to help for things like that. Overall this is a really good school.

Posted May 05, 2010
My two girls are in ICS since kindergarden and I love ICS, this is the best school in the bronx.

Posted February 04, 2010
This school is great and we do have after school activities. There is read tuturing wich helps the smaller kids their is also badn, the basket ball team, and the step team. (visionsteppers.com) The school also gets the parents involved alot and we raised a lot of money to send to a school in Haiti! :P

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted October 22, 2008
I encourage you to speak w/other parents!! This is not a condusive environment for our children! This school is appalling!! The principal has been succuessful at keeping children enrolled because she banks on the fact that we are not united and don t communicate w/one another -there r no extracurricular activities! No parents assocation. Extremly rude teachers and incompentent staff. My son is no longer a student, found a much better environment. Complained to archdiose and nothing changed. $$$ Is what matters that and race.

Posted March 26, 2008
I have been attending Immaculate Conception School since the age of three. I am currently in seventh grade and am not astonished to say that it is a horrible school. The teachers fifth grade and up love to do anything in their power to give students a detention.But, believe me that only the students form Pre -k to first grade have heat during the winters.Also when it is very warm the onlyone in the school who has air conditioning is the principle. For our playing area outside, we have a bunch of poles stuck in the ground.Now if any can inform me in what we are suppose to do with that please tell me. Also homework is a major issue for the grades fifth and up. I am always up to 12:00 in the morning because the smallest amount we recive is around six. Noexagerations put.

Posted February 12, 2008
My son is currently in Pre-K and he will not be returning to this school. Teachers are not good at communicating my child's progress and I don't feel it has been a nurturing environment during this important transitional phase.

378 East 151st Street, Bronx, NY  10455
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top