Holy Family School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
As a graduate of Holy Family and a parent of a current student, I can say it has been consistent with regards to teaching moral, values, respect and discipline to the students. You won't get that kind of education at a Public School. As far as education I think it is average due to the fact that classes are smaller and the students are no longer separated according to skill level. My child has done well and is an honors student.

Posted May 30, 2013
the principal of holy family is not very professional in dealing with matters of children and there family.my son had issues adjusting to a new environment and instead of the principal trying to find out was causing this problem since he did not experience this before in daycare.She decided within two weeks of him being in school to just kick him out. Shame,shame on her that she is leading a catholic school for kids, where is the concern and involvement for your student body.Can you imagine if every principal ran there school like that,who gives up on a child so easily? Someone who truly doesnt care about children or someone who does not have any and can not understand the feeling of a parent when they want the best for there child and a school can not provide help or resources.

Posted September 24, 2012
I have two children here in the fifth and seventh grades and they have been here since pre-k/kindergarten. Is the school perfect? no. However, they create an enviorment where students are able to focus and learn by stressing proper conduct. I would take this school over a NYC public middle school any day. Parents and teachers have to work hand in hand to educate the students. And when problems do arise (as they will at any school) we address them quickly. I'm proud to say my kids attend here.

Holy Family School 2

Posted June 27, 2012
Five Stars for Holy Family for providing safety & a clean environment. Unfortunately when it comes to principal she's more concerned with money than she is with the quality of education the children should be getting. During the 2010-2011 school year my child's 3rd Grade teacher was out on leave for most of the year & her replacements were mostly parent volunteers!! Because of this most of my child's classmates were unprepared for the 4th Grade along & the ELA exams they were required to take. No my child didn't have to repeat the 4th grade this year nor was summer school a requirement but the majority of the 2011-2012 4th Grade class has mandatory summer school.

Posted June 22, 2012
Ms. De Leon was the worst teacher every. My son is still haunted four years later by the treatment he received by this teacher. The principal did nothing to address my concers. I wouldn't waste my money sending my child to this school. What a horrible experience my child had at Holy Family! He still talks about it to this day!!!

Posted April 13, 2012
I smell a rat! Some of these comments are bogus, and are obviously written by the employees of Holy Family. "the principal is one of a kind she is the most patient and gracious person I ever met. Give me a break. Quit with the fake reviews.

Posted November 04, 2011
This school has undergone a lot of changes over the past few years. Some good, some bad. Overall however, the school is a great place for the students. The teachers are helpful and available. The principal is extremely nice. Enrollment has been dropping in this school, but it must be because of the economy not the atmosphere because the school is a good choice to send a student.

Posted October 09, 2011
Holy Family School does a great job providing a safe, clean environment for learning. The teachers are dedicated and the principal cares about her school. I am happy sending my daughter to this school and feel safe about my decision.

Holy Family School 0

Posted September 24, 2010
I have been with Holy Family school in the Bronx since 1993. All 4 of my children have gone and are still enrolled there. My husband & I are very happy with education that our children are getting & have gotten. We highly recommend this school to other families.

Holy Family School 2

Posted June 22, 2010
This used to be a great school but for the past 3 years it has been going down hill. Principal plays favorites

Holy Family School