Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,430

Posted November 05, 2014
This school has been great for me so far starting my freshman year...I would recommend this school to others..Keep up the good work !

Cardinal Spellman High School 4

Posted June 19, 2014
I graduated from this school and it's been a wonderful 4 years. It's really hard not to make friends here. If you just cooperate, do the homework, participate, and study you'll do just fine. Some teachers will stay after school to help you with anything you don't understand. They have a lot of extracurricular activities and events. The lunch is supposed to be high quality so it's pretty expensive. Your parents can put money in your I.D's as another way to pay for your lunch. I wish the gym classes weren't so crowded though. Seniors, juniors, and freshmen use the gym at the same time so it gets really crowded in the locker room. One thing I wish I knew is that if you don't use a school lock for the girls locker room, the gym teacher breaks your lock and you have to pay for a new one. For boy's, I don't think they get lockers for gym.

Cardinal Spellman High School 3

Posted May 02, 2014
Cardinal Spellman is a solid school. If a student does their homework, study for exams, and takes advantage of all of the extra curriculars, a student will do really well at this school. The teachers make it difficult for a student to fail as they give extra credit and find ways for students to bring up their grades if needed. There are 3 academic tracks: remedial (Basic); regular (Standard); and honors. Girls appear to do better @ Spellman, but boys can excel if they apply themselves. The sports teams could use new uniforms and warm ups (especially the boys basketball teams), but other than that the school is solid. If your child is studious, and you dont want them to go to public school, and you can afford the tuition, you or your child wont be disappointed in this school.

Cardinal Spellman High School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
Cardinal Spellman is horrible. I need to let you know what the teachers don't care and the students aren't in the right mind set when they get there. The standards are set to a low bar and the school can't be improved.

Posted August 16, 2013
I am applying to this school next year I have heard so many great things about the school

Posted September 01, 2012
The school is amazing! They do the most to make sure you succeed and are comfortable with the school, from Freshman year to Senior year! The school players are fabulous and put on Amazing plays. The best part is the Alumni are so active and are doing since graduating! Great School!

Posted May 18, 2012
my son is in the 11th grade in Cardinal Spellman and I am so happy he is in this school. Great teachers and staff.

Cardinal Spellman High School 4

Posted September 24, 2010
My daughter is a senior at Cardinal Spellman HS. I too am very pleased with the education and the guideance that my daughter has gotten from all the faculty. This is my second child attending, my other daughter graduated in 2005 and is continuing her education at FIT. I also have an 8th grader this year that is also wanting to go to Spellman. As you can see this is Cardinal Spellman family. Keep up the good work.

Posted March 26, 2010
My daughter is now a senior at Cardinal Spellman High School. I have been very pleased with her four years there. The help that her counsellor provided during the college process was well appreciated resulting in my daughter being accepted to all the schools she applied. Four years ago my daughter said she wanted to attend Cardinal Spellman I was a little hesitant, but I am so happy she chose to go there. Parents give Spellman a chance and you will not be disappointed.

Posted November 12, 2009

Cardinal Spellman High School
1 Cardinal Spellman Place, Bronx, NY  10466
Last modified Cardinal Spellman High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Cardinal Spellman High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top