PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

St. Theresa School 3

Posted May 05, 2016
Its a very bright, clean, airy school. The kindergarten teachers seem very nice, they make themselves available by email and you can request meetings at any point if you need to discuss your child progress or concerns. The school does not have a library(which breaks my heart). the biggest issue I have with the school as that I feel it is poorly organized and the communication between parents and administration isn't great. They also seem to favor some more than others. Overall it seems to be ok, my daughter has been there only a year(kindergarten) and is expressing fear of returning because she hears on of the 1st grade teachers screaming all the time.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
My daughters teacher genuinely cares about her students and has really tried her best to make sure everyone treats each other fairly and respectfully.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 05, 2016
Again the teacher tries but I do feel some students are favored more than others.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 05, 2016
my daughter has always been a caring person, I think the teacher tries her best. its also very difficult to navigate a classroom of 24 students.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 05, 2016
My daughter has learned and continues to develop her honesty and fairness skills. She also knows I am always communicating with her teacher so this helps her remain honest.

St. Theresa School 4

Posted October 09, 2015
My daughter currently attends St. Theresa's and she excels in all her classes. She gets a very good education. The principal does not treat all the students equal. When my daughter started there she would say good morning to the principal every morning but the principal would act is if she is invisible. I would see the principal greet a number of kids one by one but when my daughter would be next she wouldn't say anything. My daughter ask me why she never says good morning back and i would just say to her do not say good morning anymore. I have heard that this happens to a number of kids. She should not be in education if you have that type of mind set. The teachers are great there. They challenge the kids.

St. Theresa School 4

Posted June 05, 2014
My son is a student at this school since pre-k, honestly I am pleased with STS. He's now in 6th grade and the drive to excel is still there. The principal and staff are wonderful role models for these young students. Special thanks to Mrs. Sirabella, Mrs. Marchetti (retired), Mrs. Shanley and Mrs. Fitzgerald. I would recommend this school to anyone who may need to place their children. Keep up the Great Work STS!!!

St. Theresa School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
My child attended this school last year and it was a horrible experience for her. The staff at the main entrance of the school is not friendly at all to the children and due to this my child established a fear of being late to school. She also built up extreme anxiety and never wanted to go to school. This year she started a new school and had an amazing experience. She had the 2 most amazing teachers ever which she warmed up to instantly and built a strong bond with.

St. Theresa School 5

Posted December 03, 2013
I love this school my son is going to st Thereasa from perk to now he is in 3 rd grade and I must say that teachers are so well organized

St. Theresa School 3

Posted February 19, 2013
My child attended the prek program 2 years ago. I was very dissappointed with the teacher because I felt she was not equipped with the skills and strategies to teach 2-4 year olds. The academic part of the program was on par with other prek3 programs. However, the problem I had is with how the teacher dealt with social/emotional problems that arise in the classroom of 2-3 year olds. During the year I heard many silly complaints.The complaints I received ranged from my child crying, wanting to be near her, wanting to sit on her lap when she was teaching/ reading on the carpet, to complaining about my child wanting extra snacks. Not every 3 year old is an angel and you need many strategies to deal with all types of children. In my opinion, she made it known that my child was not her favorite. However, I found the teacher assistant to be great. She had a lot of patience and showed alot of love to my child. In addition to this, I also have great things to say about their morning program. My child was well looked at and loved spending time with the aides who gave him positive attention. The following year I put my child in a Christian school and I NEVER got a complaint.

2872 Saint Theresa Avenue, Bronx, NY  10461