PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Its a very bright, clean, airy school. The kindergarten teachers seem very nice, they make themselves available by email and you can request meetings at any point if you need to discuss your child progress or concerns. The school does not have a library(which breaks my heart). the biggest issue I have with the school as that I feel it is poorly organized and the communication between parents and administration isn't great. They also seem to favor some more than others. Overall it seems to be ok, my daughter has been there only a year(kindergarten) and is expressing fear of returning because she hears on of the 1st grade teachers screaming all the time.

Develops character: Agree

My daughter has learned and continues to develop her honesty and fairness skills. She also knows I am always communicating with her teacher so this helps her remain honest.

My daughter currently attends St. Theresa's and she excels in all her classes. She gets a very good education. The principal does not treat all the students equal. When my daughter started there she would say good morning to the principal every morning but the principal would act is if she is invisible. I would see the principal greet a number of kids one by one but when my daughter would be next she wouldn't say anything. My daughter ask me why she never says good morning back and i would just say to her do not say good morning anymore. I have heard that this happens to a number of kids. She should not be in education if you have that type of mind set. The teachers are great there. They challenge the kids.

My son is a student at this school since pre-k, honestly I am pleased with STS. He's now in 6th grade and the drive to excel is still there. The principal and staff are wonderful role models for these young students. Special thanks to Mrs. Sirabella, Mrs. Marchetti (retired), Mrs. Shanley and Mrs. Fitzgerald. I would recommend this school to anyone who may need to place their children. Keep up the Great Work STS!!!

My child attended this school last year and it was a horrible experience for her. The staff at the main entrance of the school is not friendly at all to the children and due to this my child established a fear of being late to school. She also built up extreme anxiety and never wanted to go to school. This year she started a new school and had an amazing experience. She had the 2 most amazing teachers ever which she warmed up to instantly and built a strong bond with.

I love this school my son is going to st Thereasa from perk to now he is in 3 rd grade and I must say that teachers are so well organized

My child attended the prek program 2 years ago. I was very dissappointed with the teacher because I felt she was not equipped with the skills and strategies to teach 2-4 year olds. The academic part of the program was on par with other prek3 programs. However, the problem I had is with how the teacher dealt with social/emotional problems that arise in the classroom of 2-3 year olds. During the year I heard many silly complaints.The complaints I received ranged from my child crying, wanting to be near her, wanting to sit on her lap when she was teaching/ reading on the carpet, to complaining about my child wanting extra snacks. Not every 3 year old is an angel and you need many strategies to deal with all types of children. In my opinion, she made it known that my child was not her favorite. However, I found the teacher assistant to be great. She had a lot of patience and showed alot of love to my child. In addition to this, I also have great things to say about their morning program. My child was well looked at and loved spending time with the aides who gave him positive attention. The following year I put my child in a Christian school and I NEVER got a complaint.

St.Theresa is a great school and the Principal is a dedicated professional. I must disagree with the one of the postings, she is an administrator who leads our school well. I am lucky that my child attends St.Theresa School. Great teachers, wonderful principal and a happy educated child.

I've had my children here for several years and am disappointed in the school. First, the principal is a nice person but seems inept in handling disciplinary issues. There are no clear guidelines as to what is expected from children and as to the consequences that may occur if children do not abide by those guidelines. The parents appear to dictate the school policies as there is no clear administrative strength. Second, most of the teachers have taught there for many years and have numerous years of experience. This has a positive side but also a negative side. The negative being that they are older and do not seem as capable or energetic enough to handle the various behavioral issues that can arise in a classroom containing 30-35 children which is the norm.

I moved my daughter to this school in first grade. She previously attended St. Clare of Assisi. I have been nothing but pleased. The school not only has proven that they are strong in academics but they also have a wonderful sense of community and family. The principal and staff are all very involved and care about the students. I am so happy that we found this wonderful school to help us educate and raise our children. My only negative is that the class sizes can be big....however in the early grades there is a full time aide in the class. So far there have been no issues with the number of students and the amazing eduction she has received.

Last modified St. Theresa School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8