Bronx, NY

St. Theresa School 4

Posted June 05, 2014
My son is a student at this school since pre-k, honestly I am pleased with STS. He's now in 6th grade and the drive to excel is still there. The principal and staff are wonderful role models for these young students. Special thanks to Mrs. Sirabella, Mrs. Marchetti (retired), Mrs. Shanley and Mrs. Fitzgerald. I would recommend this school to anyone who may need to place their children. Keep up the Great Work STS!!!

St. Theresa School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
My child attended this school last year and it was a horrible experience for her. The staff at the main entrance of the school is not friendly at all to the children and due to this my child established a fear of being late to school. She also built up extreme anxiety and never wanted to go to school. This year she started a new school and had an amazing experience. She had the 2 most amazing teachers ever which she warmed up to instantly and built a strong bond with.

Posted December 03, 2013
I love this school my son is going to st Thereasa from perk to now he is in 3 rd grade and I must say that teachers are so well organized

St. Theresa School 3

Posted February 19, 2013
My child attended the prek program 2 years ago. I was very dissappointed with the teacher because I felt she was not equipped with the skills and strategies to teach 2-4 year olds. The academic part of the program was on par with other prek3 programs. However, the problem I had is with how the teacher dealt with social/emotional problems that arise in the classroom of 2-3 year olds. During the year I heard many silly complaints.The complaints I received ranged from my child crying, wanting to be near her, wanting to sit on her lap when she was teaching/ reading on the carpet, to complaining about my child wanting extra snacks. Not every 3 year old is an angel and you need many strategies to deal with all types of children. In my opinion, she made it known that my child was not her favorite. However, I found the teacher assistant to be great. She had a lot of patience and showed alot of love to my child. In addition to this, I also have great things to say about their morning program. My child was well looked at and loved spending time with the aides who gave him positive attention. The following year I put my child in a Christian school and I NEVER got a complaint.

Posted October 28, 2011
St.Theresa is a great school and the Principal is a dedicated professional. I must disagree with the one of the postings, she is an administrator who leads our school well. I am lucky that my child attends St.Theresa School. Great teachers, wonderful principal and a happy educated child.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted October 14, 2011
I've had my children here for several years and am disappointed in the school. First, the principal is a nice person but seems inept in handling disciplinary issues. There are no clear guidelines as to what is expected from children and as to the consequences that may occur if children do not abide by those guidelines. The parents appear to dictate the school policies as there is no clear administrative strength. Second, most of the teachers have taught there for many years and have numerous years of experience. This has a positive side but also a negative side. The negative being that they are older and do not seem as capable or energetic enough to handle the various behavioral issues that can arise in a classroom containing 30-35 children which is the norm.

Posted January 16, 2011
I moved my daughter to this school in first grade. She previously attended St. Clare of Assisi. I have been nothing but pleased. The school not only has proven that they are strong in academics but they also have a wonderful sense of community and family. The principal and staff are all very involved and care about the students. I am so happy that we found this wonderful school to help us educate and raise our children. My only negative is that the class sizes can be big....however in the early grades there is a full time aide in the class. So far there have been no issues with the number of students and the amazing eduction she has received.

St. Theresa School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
I am very happy with STS. My daughter loves this school and has done very well in all her academics. I applaud both the teachers and the principal for all their hard work and commitment to the students, to the school and to the community!

Posted April 19, 2010
I love STS because there is so much caring and family fun in the school community!

St. Theresa School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
It is a strong family oriented school and parish

St. Theresa School