School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

St. Barnabas Elementary School has a new administration, brought in during the summer of 2010, and quite frankly, the school is taking off! Enrollment is climing on a daily basis.
April 14, 2011

Posted September 26, 2013
Its been only 3 weeks into the school year but so far its been great

St. Barnabas Elementary School 1

Posted July 25, 2013
I graduated in 2009 and attended Fordham Prep on a scholarship. I was not ready for high school at all. I did not talk properly and sounded like a fool with all those rich kids from Bronxville, Crestwood, Riverdale... Thankfully my freshman English teacher spent a lot of time helping me out, which is how I wrote this with such great grammar. In the end it all comes down to moving to a nicer neighborhood with better schools.

St. Barnabas Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2013
My son has been in St Barnaba's for 5 consecutive years, and even though I love that he can learn about the Catholic faith, I have to agree that this school is OVERCROWED and that's a concern.. I'm looking into move to a town with a good school district ( pelham or eastchester), so I can pull him out of St Barnabas .It's still a better option than the failling schools district in the Bronx and Yonkers, but if you can afford to pay a little extra, look for a better school dsitrict and put your child in a public school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 14, 2011

Posted March 26, 2010
great school pre-k thru 4, then forget it... . students are talked down to and parents are ignored.. good luck keeping the doors open as enrollment is plumeting....

Posted March 26, 2010
i completely agree, parents are basically ignored by teachers, particularly in the upper grades. teachers in pre-k thru grade 4 do a much better job and are way kinder to the kids.

Posted November 17, 2009
Although I believe the school does a good job preparing kids academically - some classes are way overcrowded and I think they have a take it or leave it attitude whenever a parent addresses concerns regarding their child or offers a suggestion regarding some of their policies.

Posted August 10, 2005
great school great community

Posted August 01, 2005
I believe this school continues to expand in the areas that are needed according to new developes in the academic areas. My children have been well prepared academically so far and both my children and I feel the teachers are doing a great job.

St. Barnabas Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2004
This is a great school to start your child in. They have very caring teachers who want your child to succeed and help in any way possible.

413 E 241st St, Bronx, NY  10470
Last modified St. Barnabas Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Barnabas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top