Posted August 28, 2014
My daughter has a wonderful year of learning at St. Anselm School. The decision to enroll her at the school was the right fit. Her experiences at our neighborhood public school was disappointing. Even with small class size, little learning took place, between the student outbursts, the fighting, and chronic absences of her teacher along with the undisciplined environment, she was miserable. At St. Anselm School, she looked forward to the activities of the day. Whether it was learning about Colonial America, or noteworthy Women in history, or attending Church Mass, or reading Charlotte's Web, or having a country picnic in the school yard. She was on the Honor Roll every marking period and received an award at a special ceremony. I saw her full potential being realized. The safe, disciplined, and nurturing atmosphere of the school with the Principal, Ms. Lopes and her capable staff made the school experience for my child a most successful one. We look forward to the new school year with great anticipation. Yeah!!!

Posted August 27, 2014
My family has been a part of St. Anselm School for more than thirty-five years. Under the outstanding and capable direction of Ms. Lopes, principal, several generations of children have benefited from the exceptional education program the school offers. One that emphasizes discipline, morality, and love of God. As the principal of a school, any school, it's leader must be focused, confident, and strong if students, school, and community are to grow and, yes, thrive educationally, spiritually, and socially. Ms. Lopes sets an excellent example for students and staff with her "hard work gets the job done" attitude. She is a take no nonsense person. The school has structure where students, staff, and parents are held accountable. Diligence, discipline, and enthusiastic encouragement are the formula for a successful education that is preparing our children for the "big World". St. Anselm School's environment and atmosphere are geared toward positive learning. The curriculum is stimulating, challenging, and diverse in subject. The teachers are encouraging, caring, and nurturing, introducing students to the marvels of the world. This school is a place where God is the center of learning.

Posted October 04, 2013
Saint Anselm's has provided my daughter with a quality education with a religious foundation that has surpassed my expectations. From the moment my daughter began, she has been given the support that she needed to succeed in a warm and inviting environment. She is now an eighth grader and is about to leave in June and it pains me that she is leaving such a wonderful school. Ms. Lopes and her staff have created an educational institution that gets results. I am so grateful for all the hard work and dedication they have put into my daughter. This school has been the best decision I have ever made for my child. I highly recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to succeed. Thanks to Saint Anselm's my daughter has the necessary tools to go further in life and a Christian foundation that has inspired to be a leader in her own parish. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Ms Lopes and your faculty for giving my daughter what she needs.

Posted April 12, 2013
Thank you Ms. Lopes for providing my two boys with a quality Catholic education in a safe, structured, and disciplined environment. I want my boys honestly to have a better future, to succeed in life. Everyone at St. Anselm School cares about the children. It begins with the principal. It continues with the teachers, and staff. My two boys are both involved in the extracurricular activities. They love the science and art clubs. My youngest could not wait to participate in the art club and have some hands on fun. I even had them drop band in order for them to participate in the extracurricular tutoring program. The best decision I made was to transfer my boys to St. Anselm School. I know they are getting the best education and they are also very happy.

St. Anselm School 1

Posted March 19, 2013
every year at least 5 kids from each grade transfer... there are new teachers every year ... no gym teacher, no council for the kids, no active teams the children can join and once you get to really know how the principal operates .. it is apparent WHY PPL LEAVE.

St. Anselm School 3

Posted January 10, 2013
Academically this school is great but Ms. Lopes and her intimidating ways will drive you out of the school. She is a control freak who does not allow the children to run or play during recess (despite there being a new and expensive padded floor), the children aren't allow to speak in the lunchroom and when she enters a room everyone must stop speaking. She bullys the parents and her staff aswell. Her rules make it so that the children are miserable. The classrooms have 40 children in them and 1 teacher, there isn't even a teachers assistant. There are always new teachers every year becasue she is so impossible. The teachers are very nice but it is only so much they can do. This school does not offer any extra curricular activities for the children who have to stay in afterschool because she does not want them walking up and down the stairs.. She also holds PTA meetings mid morning so that no one with a real job can be there. She has no interest in the parents concerns because ultimately its her way.

St. Anselm School 1

Posted July 06, 2012
The principal is a tyrant and it's her way or the highway!!! Teachers and staff are visibly scared of her!!!! If they speak up she fires them!!!! The children are scared of her! She needs to go! The classes are doubled up!!! Around 40 kids per classroom!!!!!!!!!! This is not conducive to learning!!!!! I have transferred my child!!!

Posted June 14, 2012
I love st Anselm school. I chose to send my boys there so they will receive a wonderful education. Ms Lopes and her staff teach the children discipline respect and the academics required to succeed. When I drop my boys off every morning I know they are in a safe environment and that is very important. I commend Ms Lopes and her staff for a job well done. As my son prepares for graduation I will miss st Anselm and thank them so much for preparing my son for high school and beyond. I salute Ms Lopes today and always.

Posted June 13, 2012
As a member of the faculty, I take pride in our students learning in an educational setting where they can be priased and rewarded for their successes and corrected for their behavior when warranted. I thank Miss Lopes for fostering a learning environment that balances faith formation, academic achievement and the building of self discipline that will stay with our students beyond their years here at St. Anselm School.

St. Anselm School 4

Posted June 12, 2012
I have to thank Ms. Lopes for all the support and help given to my son during his time at St. Anselm's School. She took the time to meet with me and my husband more than once to explain and help my son in school. I sincerely appreciate her concern and hard work with the children at the school including my son.

St. Anselm School