Posted March 29, 2013
I love this school... i went to a Catholic grammar school in this area and vowed never to send my child to one when the time came.. we enrolled our son in St Benedict's pre- k and have NEVER LOOKED BACK!!! lets start with Ms A our principal is hands on with every child in every grade, great balance of compassion, sensible, strictness, motherly,administrator, and everything in between. our son is in fourth grade and the teachers have been great. Each one has helped him flourish academically, and personally growing into a fine young boy... the church is as good as the school Father Norton takes care of his Parish and it comes through just speaking to him... his Masses are great, the kids love him love the 930am Sunday mass. He involves all the younger kids and provide a great foundation to continue going to church long after they leave school.. If you want your child to get a great education in a Catholic school that when you drop them off you feel like they are with family then come to St Benedicts.. Also great aftercare program for parents who work... great sports program great coaches great school, Staff, Parish and fellow students. If you can get your child in this school do it

Posted November 27, 2012
Saint Benedict School is everything you can imagine and more. The teachers are great and they seem like a closely knit family. The school also offers great after school activities such as Pokemon club, Art club, Chess club, Video club and many more. The basketball program is filled with former graduates that are back to coach. The gym also went through a bit of a facelift after a ton of generous donations from alums. This place screams family atmosphere and if you don't believe me, see it for yourself.

Posted November 08, 2012
St. Benedict's truly is the best school in the bronx by far! If you want you and your child to be happy and learn from teachers that love their jobs, you have to check out SB! I had my child in a pricey, "name school" on the water, we were miserable due to teachers who just did not want to be there and hours upon hours of homework!!! Let your child spend a day and let them see the difference right away! Don't be like me and waste years being unhappy at another school!

Posted June 21, 2012
My kids been here for 5 years love it so much.. I highly recommend this school..

Posted May 21, 2012
I thought very thing I heard about this school was just hype. I am sorry I thought that way and wasted the first few years of my child's education at another Catholic school in the Bronx. St. Benedicts is truly a wonderful place!!! We were made to feel like part of the family from day one. EVery activity, every event, from top to bottom is an A class effort. I am proud to be a St. Benedict's parent!!!!!!!

Posted March 02, 2011
This is my sons second year at St. Benedict's. The school is wonderful. I went to this school 25 years ago so when it was time to choose a school for my son, I had to check it out. The improvement are astounding. The Principal is wonderful. Very hands on. The students all love her and the staff. Walking in in the mornings, you can see the connection between the students and staff. I feel that makes a huge difference in a child's willingness to learn. the curriculum is challenging and will prepare the students for moving ahead in life.

Posted September 22, 2010
The principal at this school is top notch. She is down to earth, extremely involved in everything that goes on in the school, loving, caring and nurturing. Her style of leadership trickles down to the adminstration and faculty. They are all wonderful. My children have been students for the past 7 years. If you have an issue, and you discuss it with the principal - it will be addressed. Changes will be made if necessary. I am extemely pleased with the principal and all the staff. I have never come across a teacher or staff member who was not compassionate, loving and caring. They truly care about the students and families. They are an extension of our home family. In addition, my children are doing extremely well academically.

Posted September 20, 2010
You will not find a school that is warmer and more 'family-like' than St. Benedict's School. The Principal and her front office staff are exremely caring. They take the time to learn each and ever child's name (not to mention the names of their siblings, who may not even be old enough to attend school yet). They are loving, caring and warm people. I wouldn't trust my children to anyone else. Furthermore, the education they are receiving is wonderful. They are learning all of the curriculum that public school children are learning, with the added benefit of learning about God, the Church, and also learning cursive (script). The are learning discipline and respect. I highly recommend St. Benedict's School.

St Benedict School 4

Posted September 20, 2010
The school makes your child's education first priority. This school welcomes all with big bright smiles on a daily basis and makes your children feel very loved.

Posted September 10, 2010
First year here, a truly refreshing change from the Villa Maria Academy. All I could say is "WOW". My children are A students and needed this change. They were not being challenged enough at VMA. My children love the entire environment. Hot lunch and breakfast. (My kids love the food. No more making lunch every day!) Friendly students, great staff, outstanding principal. If the kids are happy they will move forward with a positive attitude towards learning and this is what I'm seeing. Great work St. Benedict.

St Benedict School