Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,138

Posted February 15, 2013
My husband and I love this school! Our son is in the elementary school and we have found that his teachers (current and past) all know him very well and constantly think of fun ways to challenge him when designing their curriculum. I don't feel like the kids are forced to stringently adhere to the Riverdale curriculum but that the curriculum is flexible enough to adapt to their interests. I've been nothing but incredibly impressed with the level of instruction and commitment to the kids in this school, and that is high praise as I myself have been a teacher for a number of years.

Posted July 20, 2012
I had the opportunity and pleasure of attending Riverdale throughout middle school and high school.The school is phenomenal and offers a comprehensive liberal arts education, as well as countless extra curricular activities and many sports opportunities. Quite a few of the teachers have PhD's in their disciplines.The beautiful campus setting is in a category of its own! Yes you have to work hard and stay motivated to do well, as the curriculum is rigorous and many of the students are talented, but you are guaranteed a great education and will be very well prepared for college. Ouside help is always available if one should need it and students are always encouraged to ask questions. I still keep in touch with my teachers! The big downside is the sky high tuition rate as of today, close to that of IVY league schools. Yet if you can manage it, it's one of the greatest gifts that you can give to your children.

Riverdale Country School 3

Posted June 22, 2010
I'm a student here but i just seem to don't fit in. You have to strive to be smartest here, and if your not, you don't fit in. The sports are also not good, AT ALL, because they put more emphasis on academics and the only semi-good sports is tennis. Go figure. Rich kids and tennis. I couldn't wait to get out of this school and move on to a real campus life. You do get accepted to many major and ivy league colleges, don't get me wrong. I was accepted to Columbia, Brown, Princeton, and NYU but i chose none of them. I went to Syracuse University to get a taste of the real feel of campus life and absolutely thriving sports machine over there. MAKE SURE YOUR KIDS WANT TO GO, AND YOUR NOT FORCING THEM to go to riverdale

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009

Posted March 09, 2009

Riverdale Country School 0

Posted February 18, 2009
My son went for 13 years and loved it; wonderful education and environment.

Riverdale Country School 4

Posted October 17, 2008

Posted July 30, 2008
This school is awesome! When I came here 4 years ago I felt alone but the students and faculty welcomed me. I have friends and their are no clicks. It is great because if someone does something not wright the teachers don't scream at you they just talk about it in a ' care meeting' with you. They have a big field, tennis courts, volley ball courts, and a gym.

Posted May 19, 2008

Riverdale Country School
5250 Fieldston Road, Bronx, NY  10471
Last modified Riverdale Country School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Riverdale Country School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top