PK-12|Private
1,138 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Successful at getting kids into the high quality colleges, but a bit too limousine liberal to provide a balanced education from a social perspective.

My husband and I love this school! Our son is in the elementary school and we have found that his teachers (current and past) all know him very well and constantly think of fun ways to challenge him when designing their curriculum. I don't feel like the kids are forced to stringently adhere to the Riverdale curriculum but that the curriculum is flexible enough to adapt to their interests. I've been nothing but incredibly impressed with the level of instruction and commitment to the kids in this school, and that is high praise as I myself have been a teacher for a number of years.

I had the opportunity and pleasure of attending Riverdale throughout middle school and high school.The school is phenomenal and offers a comprehensive liberal arts education, as well as countless extra curricular activities and many sports opportunities. Quite a few of the teachers have PhD's in their disciplines.The beautiful campus setting is in a category of its own! Yes you have to work hard and stay motivated to do well, as the curriculum is rigorous and many of the students are talented, but you are guaranteed a great education and will be very well prepared for college. Ouside help is always available if one should need it and students are always encouraged to ask questions. I still keep in touch with my teachers! The big downside is the sky high tuition rate as of today, close to that of IVY league schools. Yet if you can manage it, it's one of the greatest gifts that you can give to your children.

I'm a student here but i just seem to don't fit in. You have to strive to be smartest here, and if your not, you don't fit in. The sports are also not good, AT ALL, because they put more emphasis on academics and the only semi-good sports is tennis. Go figure. Rich kids and tennis. I couldn't wait to get out of this school and move on to a real campus life. You do get accepted to many major and ivy league colleges, don't get me wrong. I was accepted to Columbia, Brown, Princeton, and NYU but i chose none of them. I went to Syracuse University to get a taste of the real feel of campus life and absolutely thriving sports machine over there. MAKE SURE YOUR KIDS WANT TO GO, AND YOUR NOT FORCING THEM to go to riverdale

My son went for 13 years and loved it; wonderful education and environment.

This school is awesome! When I came here 4 years ago I felt alone but the students and faculty welcomed me. I have friends and their are no clicks. It is great because if someone does something not wright the teachers don't scream at you they just talk about it in a ' care meeting' with you. They have a big field, tennis courts, volley ball courts, and a gym.

I have 2 kids at Riverdale and they LOVE it there. The lower school is nurturing and makes an effort to give all the kids a firm foundation in the basics. There is also a very strong emphasis on the CARE program which teaches the kids to respect one another. Bottom line however, is that this is a PREP school with many talented and exceptional children. Starting in the Middle school, even the top students work hard to earn their As and Bs (yes, Bs). Most teachers are exceptional. This is a community with a lot of teacher/parent/student interaction. Also very high tech, a lot of homework is done and sent via internet. Really an amazing place. Tuition is very high, but I am often in awe of how competent and thoughtful my kids are.

I worked in RCS Lower school for 16 years, the Administrators, Teachers and Staff are of the finest quality. The children are loved, taught and cared for from they day they enter and even after they graduate. The children are always the biggest part of RCS.

As a student who went to the school for 14 years (pre-k-12th), the school is alright. Academics are not for the faint of heart. It might be easy to get an A- or A in one class, but you have to kill yourself to do it across the board. Not a diverse student population. Some teachers are great, but others are God awful. Your kid might be miserable if he/she isn't the smartest of the smart. Even those kids struggle at points. Think long and hard about sending your kids to the school.

I am currently a student at Riverdale Country Schoool, and I would not desire to be any place else. The curriculum and athletic department are top notch. This school is amazing and I love it!

Last modified Riverdale Country School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12