Bronx, NY

Posted September 15, 2010
My daughter graduated from SAR. I can t thank enough the teachers and the director. SAR program and great staff with their commitments to kids allowed my daughter to grow academically and socially at her own pace. Now my granddaughter who is 3.5 continues down the SAR road. She is very happy and loves the teachers.

Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy 3

Posted July 06, 2010
my daughter went to this school since preschool she is in third grade now going into 4th but she is going to switch schools the school is okay acedemically but i think they might just over do it in hebrew half the day they are in hebrew class they could be doing alot more activities if it wasn't for hebrew its your decision to enroll your child or not

Posted April 24, 2010
I have three children in the school and cannot describe the school in enough superlatives. It is outstanding academically, as well as in developing children's midot. I was initially hesitant with the 'no walls' deal, but oddly enough, it works. We could not be happier.

Posted April 19, 2010
This is a school known for its warmth, professionalism, creativity, and individualized caring for its students.

Posted February 22, 2010

Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy 4

Posted August 15, 2005
SAR's goal is to make learning fun for the kids. It certainly succeeds in that; my child loves SAR. Unfortunately, SAR often succeeds in this goal at the price of a rigorous academic environment. SAR kids are 'behind' their private and even public school peers in virtually every area! 'Good enough' should not be 'enough' for our kids. The school is currently undergoing an almost complete administrative turnover. Instead of recruiting the best and most talented administrators from other schools, SAR made its selections on what most people see as purely nepotistic terms. The new principal has zero educational background. Most parents are hoping that he simply keeps the current polcies while he learns on the job.

Posted June 17, 2005
SAR academy is a jewish day school. I love the fact that is open classrooms; no walls or doors seperating classrooms. I am an SAR student. I think SAR is the greatest desision my parents made for me. I used to go to schools that the kids would always leave me out. Just because I wasn't good at a sport I always got picked last on a team. No teachers or kids ever helped me. No one is ever left out in SAR and the teachers are always caring and understanding. They will help you with a subject or sport that you aren't good with. I can't wait to see all my friends again and go back to school next year!

Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy 4

Posted June 15, 2005

Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy
655 W 254th St, Bronx, NY  10471
Last modified Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top