Bronx, NY

Our Saviour Lutheran School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
Leadership/ Administrator roles ( principles and such) at this school is a joke. Seems like they either draw straws or flip a coin to decide who they will have in charge and make decisions. They are clueless. The teachers are mediocre at best, which is at least better then administration. It's sad, it's like they are "playing school". If you are looking for a half way decent school for your child, this isn't it. This is more like the bottom of your shoe. Maybe they need to pay there staff better so they can hire some decent people.

Our Saviour Lutheran School 1

Posted April 27, 2014
This school is the worst. They do not have a guidance counselor. Students are not getting the appropriate help when applying for colleges. The principal is the acting guidance counselor but he is not submitting the students transcripts on time to the colleges. Some students were crying upset because the transcripts was not submitted. This is horrible for juniors & seniors have to go through.

Our Saviour Lutheran School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
Only two weeks since my nephew has been in the school. The third grade teacher is the worst. How can a teacher ask the kids In a sarcastic manner who's name is on the door and asked them if thier parents are the boss at the school .when they say to the teacher my mom wants to know why something is the way it is, Another thing is that the school doesn't allot the kids enough time to change for gym, so they were told they have to wear the gym uniform under their school uniform four times a week . My nephew is a size 10 but I have to buy a 12 or 14 to accommodate the gym uniform underneath. Why should a child have to walk around with a gym uniform under their school uniform all day after playing in the gym The school is expensive which I don't mind because the classrooms are small, but they don't have enough activities for the younger grades. The person at the front desk never has the answer to any question that you ask.

Our Saviour Lutheran School 5

Posted October 10, 2011
I am the parent of two current Our Saviour students and I have been very pleased with the new administrative team. While the early childhood department (PK-2) was great for our kids, I have now been seeing a lot of positive changes in the rest of the school this year. Parental involvement and communication is much improved with teachers having websites where I can check in on my children's progress or e-mail their teacher or the principal a question. New High School and Junior High teachers have brought some much needed energy, and there seems to be a much improved community spirit at the school.

Our Saviour Lutheran School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
After 2nd grade this school leaves a lot to be desired! The 2nd grade teacher is in a class by himself and most parents want to clone him for each grade. The 3rd grade teacher is jaded and allowed to scream at the children daily and almost non-stop. The 6th grade teacher is the WORSE! What makes it so bad is that the administration has done nothing to reform the lack of organization, the teacher's punitive approach to the children and poor classroom management. So disappointed and we pay too much to receive bad public school type services. Parent involvement is only encouraged to raise funds but not as an organized body of stakeholders.

Our Saviour Lutheran School 3

Posted March 21, 2011
When my parents were looking for a HS for me, they took me to OSL to apply. I was accepted but decided not to go at the last minute, opting for a new college prep HS. Several years later, I took my daughter and enrolled her in middle school. While she is doing phenominally well, the school is run down and in desparate need of repair. The leadership seems weak and overall, even though the tuition continues to increase, it does not seem like they are re-investing in the growth, development and enhancement of the school. My daughter made some special friendships here but she and they have all emphatically stated that they do not want to attend HS here.

Our Saviour Lutheran School 4

Posted February 02, 2011
I am an alumnae from this school. I have to say this school set the foundation for me to be an outstanding college and graduate student. I am grateful that I attended this school.

Posted November 06, 2009
The teachers are great and my daughter is learning a lot.

Posted November 06, 2009
Our Saviour Lutheran School is a great school with very dedicated teachers that make a difference in your childrens lives coupled with their christian environment that welcomes everyone whether they are Lutheran or not.

Posted November 05, 2009
OSL school has some of the best teachers out there who whole heartedly care about their pupils.

Our Saviour Lutheran School
1734 Williamsbridge Road, Bronx, NY  10461
Last modified Our Saviour Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Our Saviour Lutheran School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top