PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I don't care what anyone has to say about my school. Sure we don't have a lot of resources or that many after school activities, but there is something at this school that you will not get anywhere else - a sense of family. Teachers care of you as if you were their own child. They take time, and go out of their way to offer free tutoring for students who cannot afford it. Teachers will stay late with you, making sure you understand it. They will even sometimes take you home because they understand how dangerous it can be walking home alone. Since the school is small, everyone know everyone, and we are like one big family. Please.. before you read any other comments, take a look at mine. I love my school and I know your child will too.

My children went to this school. The Principal Marlene Romeo is incompetent, the teacher are ill-prepared. Majority of children do not pass states tests and parents are never informed what their child got on the tests. Teachers don't summit report card on time and parents have had to wait a whole summer to get a child's report card. They don't have any regents or advanced courses for students. This school should be reviewed by state and shut down immediately.... So sorry this school is so bad now. Maybe if they got rid of Mrs. Romeo things would change.

I went to this school for 6 years. It is a God-filled school with teachers of all different races who share the love of God in fellowship. They taught me everything I needed to know up until 7th grade (I left my 4th grade year & used all I learned!). BMSDA could improve their gym and floors but their academics were very good for a private school! It is beyond comparison to the school I go to now & I really wished I had graduated from here. The staff knows where to place students. A bad-scoring student must held back for he/she will not learn anything if they are being passed. And good-scoring students were given full-year scholarships for their well academics and leadership skills. I had 3 years of a full-year scholarship that I am very thankful for. Being a school that receives all kinds of kids from THE BRONX, it is very well-held together. And the memories I made are cherished.

Ok I still go to this school and I'm not saying its perfect but its not as bad as you guys are saying. In this school you develop good friendships, learn a lot, and you sometimes have fun when your learning. I've been in this school for 7 years and in my opinion, this is the best school I've ever gone too and I thank God that he told my mom to put me in this school because these 7 years have been the best 7 years of my LIFE and i guarantee it.

I was a student at Bronx-Manhattan years ago from 1994-1998 and to be honest, I expected more from this school. I wasn't learning anything and on ttop of that, the teachers at the time were really rude and they were not helpful at all. It is like they did not want to help students when they need help, and because of that, some students were held back, and I was one of them. The best part I admit was worship but as an SDA school, needs a lot of improvement....BIG TIME

Bronx Manhattan is the worst in the Bronx. My son attend this school he always didn't like it the teachers don't teach. And the school waste their teaching time by doing lots of field trips. I recommend you not to enroll your child in the school!!

My child has been going to Bronx Manhattan Seventh Day Adventist School for a year now and I intend on having her continue her Christian Education there. There are a lot of things I am pleased with couple of which are; the small sized classrooms and teacher to student ratio. My child gets the attention and teaching that she requires. She is very involved in the broad array of activities that the school and especially her class organize making her education and experience especially diverse. I like the emphasis on Christ which reinforces her teaching both at home and at church. The principal and teachers are especially warm, professional, Christian individuals who inform, assist and welcome parents making our rapport an easy going one. With Christ as their center and focus the children and the future of this school will continue to be a Blessed one. Romans 8.31.

This is a joke of a school...the only time they contact some parents is when they want the tuition paid. Alot of nothing for nothing...what a waste. I regret, sadly, that I ever subjected my daughter to this waste of time. Nobody seems to be qualified.

The school would do alot better if ALL the teachers spoke better English. Some teachers, should not be in the classroom!

The academic programs are basic, nothing more nothing less. There is no longer a music program, no art, and no sports - only basketball during recess. Parents do not get involved because there is no motivation from the faculty. The board needs to really look at the faculty including the principal and their capabilities to run the school. 5 years ago this school was a delight. The School board really needs to step in.

Last modified Bronx Manhattan SDA School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8