No rating

New Covenant Christian School

Private | PK-5 | 188 students

Living in Bronx

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $340,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted September 6, 2011

My daughter lv the school from pre-K she learns so muh god bless the teachers

Posted March 17, 2010

i enrolled my children in the school for the 2009-2010 school year after years in catholic school. I must say I am enjoying my time here and my children are HAPPY for the first time in along time.

Posted January 11, 2010

Put God above and in all things. NCCS has been giving children this powerful philosophy embeded in their curriculum.

Posted June 27, 2009

Hi I must say that although that the communication is Not up to standard, I think the learning environment is decent. I feel since we are paying our money to send our child(ren) there, I feel communication should be a first priority and not only when the child is doing poorly and the child is not behaving correctly! We as parents should be more forceful in communication with these teachers!!! I also agree that some of these staff members should not teach!

Posted June 12, 2009

I'm happy to hear parents are quite pleased with the results of this school. From my point of view, some 'teachers' should not be teaching. The communication is non-existent. My daughter has not been doing too well in class, his grades are poor and I oonly knew when his test papers came home, requesting I sign off on them. How absurd. Her teacher has not reached out to me to make me aware of problems that my daughter may be having in class. She spends 85% of her time at school; if homework is done when she comes home, I am assuming she's doing good. This is utterly shameful. Are some children be favored? As a parent this should not cross my mind but in this case, what is one to think. I am disgusted let along very disappointed.

Posted May 22, 2009

I sent my daughter to this school for preK3 and she learned a lot. Ms.Okorafor and Ms.Ffrench are very dedicated and they love their students. The taught material for age is appropriate and I was very pleased with the Bible knowledge that they taught my child. The only thing that I didn't like is the lack of communication between the teachers and me. And also the aspect of security of the school where the door is always open and anyone can enter right through; yet I learnt that they were working on installing security systems in the school... Overall, I can say that the school is excellent.

Posted May 12, 2009

Some things takes time, Recently the electronic eye was installed in our building. I will say praise God for this upgrade. Everything can't be perfect, but with the help of the Lord we will do our best, I still love NCCS Sign As

Posted May 4, 2009

my child has been going to the grand concourse location for 2 yrs and i must say it's great. my daughter is above average she 4 in k5. the director took the time to get her evaulated. i would more than happy to recommend this school

Posted February 21, 2008

The school is excellent in academics, my child is excelling in all areas, she has been in this school for 6 years and I am pleased with her progress. The teachers are very caring but pride in giving their best. The building howerver is very run down, needs lots of repair. The bathrooms are very filthy . Overall cleaning and maintenance of this building needs lots of improvement. Security is also an issue that needs to be addressed. Overall it is a good school.

Posted February 14, 2008

My child is attends NCCS. I must say that I am very disappointed with the results. This school needs aa lot of organization. My child has lost countless sweaters and ties his pencil case is non-existant. The commucation is not up to par. My child comes home with no letter of events happening. He has a recorder we purchased for him as it was a requirement and it has not left his bedroom once. My child comes home with red marks all over his books and neither the teacher nor the principal has attempted to call me about performance. There's no security. It's good to have children learn about God and to pray. As children of God, they should portray a sense of organization, intelligence, cleanliness and love for learning.

Posted February 5, 2008

I hate to be a kill joy, but having my child at NCCS has not been pleasant. The teachers are not trained in classroom management. If a child is outside of the norm, the teachers and principal are not equipped to handle the situation. The school is run down. There is no security. Anyone who wants to can walk right into the school at anytime unnoticed. Children can even walk right out without a teacher or staff noticing. The school is not very clean. Children are always losing sweaters & ties. There is no sense of personal responsibility instilled in the children. There is no discipline. I fear for my child's safety and well being daily.

Posted September 4, 2007

This school is an excellent school. The qualities that i love about NCCS is that it is a safe environment for your child and to top it off the christian education is a plus. They are true believers in prayer once the children has learn't that prayer is a very important part of our daily routine they will never part from it. If your looking for small classrooms and a christian education this is the school to pick.

Posted August 31, 2007

This is an excellent christ centered school. My daughters tell me they pray even before they put their pencils on the paper.

Posted February 11, 2007

My son is currently in the second grade and been a student since pre-k. I was lucky enough to have great teachers for him so far. I think that our principal needs to work on how she deals with the children, parents, and staff. My son attends Needham ave site.

Posted October 2, 2006

This is a great academic school for my children. The quality of academic programs is high. Music, art, sports, and spiritual exposures given to the kids are extraordinary. The one -on-one attention given to the student is commendable. The classrooms are small. The meals are also very nutritious. the safe environment for the children is great. The teachers are lovely, friendly and highly professional in dealing with students and parents. The non- teaching staff are extra ordinary too. The school helped my children in their reading abilities.My son couldn't read before he got to the school. Now he reads fluently after two years in the school. They teach the children how to pray and read the word of God. The discipline and moral standards taught to the children is very high.

Posted May 25, 2005

My son is in New Covenant nursery school located on Tremont and the Grand Concourse. He is now 3 yrs old. When I first put my child in the school I thought it was great. They had to wear uniforms and they were actually learning. I think the school is good but I think the teachers need a little more training on how to deal with students this young and the parents. It is somewhat a chaotic scenery. Parents are always complainting about their children clothes missing. One day a sweater is missing and another day someone's jacket is missing. I think it is somewhat carelessness. Don't get me wrong my child is definitely learning but everything else is missing.

Posted September 2, 2004

The teachers display a passion for teaching and honestly love what they do. My child is way ahead of his peers in public school. The school partners with me by instilling values and character in my child. This is an excellent school that prepares children for the future.

Posted September 9, 2003

I think the overall academic quality about this school is excellent. As a parent, who monitors my child's academic performance, I found that the educational level of this school is way more advance than public school, and I would recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to excel.

Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Joseph A. Alexander
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1497 Needham Avenue