St Angela Merici School 4

Posted October 24, 2014
nuns nuns nuns religious brothers religious brothers religious brothers Any teachrer properly educated and has a degree is more than qualified to be a good teacher. However, it is so sad that so many Nuns and Religious Brothers left after Vatican II klicked in. Religious add a great presence to the school. Not only do they teach all the basic subjects, but they teach religion. Why do they do a better job? Because they believe it and live it. Especially a Religious Sister or Brother IN A HABIT. That sends a powerful message to the teachers and students. They witness about who they are. Sadly, they are few and far in between and the ones we have, a lot of them wear street clothes. Sister Lourdes Mercado, OBT sent a STRONG signal to the children. Nothing better than a Religious Sister to be at the head of the school. Let us all pray for more and many more vocations to the Religious and Consecrated Life as well as to the Priesthood.

Posted September 15, 2014
I am absolutely astonished that anyone would write such negative comments about this school. I am a recent alumna of Saint Angela Merici's class of 2013, and I can honestly say that I would not have wanted to attend any other school than this. Saint Angela offered me the greatest education in a lifetime, because school was never just about learning; it was about interacting with one another as well, and helping each other grow as a school community. All the staff and principal were concerned for the true development and growth of the children -- spiritually, mentally, educationally, and socially. Saint Angela offered me a home outside of home -- a place where I truly felt comfortable even within a learning environment; something not many students say anymore. I can not be any more appreciative towards Saint Angela and the staff of the school than I already am, because the happiness they provided me in their teaching mechanisms and one-on-one attention is irreplaceable.

Posted May 12, 2014
Christ the King Elementary is the solution people. It has a Universal Pre-K all the way up to 8th grade . Its located at 1345 Grand Concourse near 170th street (VERY CLOSE). Education is excellent. There is always someone at the front door. Bullying and Harassment are taken very seriously and dealt with immediately. School environment is safe and kids are happy. Very CARING and compassionate staff. CLEAN!!! Principal's door is always open. CHECK IT OUT PARENTS!!!!

Posted February 22, 2014
I am a recent alumnus(ae) of this school, and I will warn any parent considering of putting their child in this school. 1st. The principal is only concerned about the face of the school and is only concerned for her favorites. 2nd. The security at the school is so bad that anybody outside the school can get in considering that the church is inside the school, there are no cameras outside the school, and some of the doors are easily openable to get inside the school. 3rd. A few of the teachers in the school do not teach well the last time I have been there. 4th. The some of the students there are bad influences to other students; these students don't care about their work and do things that you would imagine that a student at that age would not do. 5th. Students are barely taught any science subjects at the school especially in the higher grades because they are focusing on 'other' important things. When I did the lab for the Science State Test for 8th grade, I felt unprepared because they didn't teach us anything. Also, there is only 1 Regent class in the school, and gym is offered only once per week. 6th. There are barely any after-school activities for students in the school.

St Angela Merici School 3

Posted September 10, 2012
I am the proud mother of a 3rd grader who attends SAM. She first started this school in PreK-4. She has excelled during her time at the school. My child has been on the honor roll since 1st grade. I am extremely satisfied with the education my daughter receives at Saint Angela Merici School. It is a safe and stable environment for her. I know she will continue to exceed at this school. The teachers have been great to my child. The faculty and Principal want to see the children excell. I would highly recommend this school to my friends, coworkers, neighbors, and extended family members.

Posted July 25, 2012
I am appalled at how people lie and post these five star reviews about this school, if you are a parent considering this school for your children, think twice, or choose this school and expect to be disappointed. Just do the rest of society a favor, if you were to discover this school is not worth your business, please post a truthful review so that other parents won't make the same mistake.

Posted July 24, 2012
SAM is an integral part of my family. I received all my sacraments (including marriage), also attended & graduated from SAM. Now my children have been a part of SAM since kindergarten with my oldest now heading to 5th grade here he will be with one of the best & long standing teachers at the school. My son has been on the honor roll since the 1st semester of the 1st grade without missing a beat, my daughter who was struggling in a program was taken into SAM in kindergarten & has flourished. The principal is tough but thats because she wants what is best for all of her children, because they are more hers than our own. They have an excellent music and religious program. The children read above their grade levels & have smart boards in every class room. There's a debate team, they have received numerous awards & won many competitions. The 8th graders are part of an annual competition, Thurgood MArshall Mock trial created by 2 Bronx Civil court judges. The 8th graders are coached by 2 attorney parents and is one of the highlights of the 8th graders final year. SAM has always made it to semi-finals and they keep pushing to the winner's circle. Excellent 2nd home & excellent education!

Posted June 29, 2012
ST. ANGEL AOF MERICI IS A GREAT SCHOOL WITH LOVING AND CARING FACULTY. MY CHILFREN HAVE BEEN STUDENTS IN THAT SCHOOL FOR 7 YEARS. I HAVE SEEN MY CHILDREN DEVELOP INTO MATURE AND RESPONSIBLE STUDENTS. THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE HONOR ROLL SINCE FIRST GRADE. THIS ACCOMPLSHIMENT IS DUE TO THE LOVE AND GUIDANCE THEY HAVE RECEIVED FROM THEIR TEACHERS AND PRINCIPLE. THEY HAVE HELPED ME MOTIVATE MY CHILDREN TO BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE. WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS MY PPRECIATION FOR THE WONDERFUL WORK THAT THE FACULTY AND THE PRINCIPLE DO IN MAKING THE STUDENTS SHINE.

Posted June 19, 2012
Saint Angela Merici is a wonderful school with excellent teachers and a Sister who is the principal who brings so much to the table for the school, Her Motto has to be Excellence because she has done and is doing a remarkable job in insuring high accademic success,which makes for the children to be high achievers. They work very hard and enjoy doing so. Her staff supports her which is why the school doese so well. The school is immaculate each time you enter the building, the environment is healthy, loving, and Godly. This is what makes for a school that thrives. I Love St. Angela Merici, I had three (3) sons attend this school and now my grandson. I would reccommend St. Angela Merici to any parent that want the best for their child without reservation.

Posted June 18, 2012
I am an attorney and this is the 4th year that I have coached the 8th graders at this school for the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial competition. My co-coach and I teach the children how to try a case and then we compete with other schools. We have always made it past the second round and have made it to the semi-finals twice. I felt compelled to write this upon attending their graduation this past Saturday. The students invited me to attend and I complied. I am glad that I did. It was an amazing ceremony and what really stands out in this school is the relationship between the students, the faculty, and the parish. It is an excellent institution and one well worth your money.

St Angela Merici School
266 East 163rd Street, Bronx, NY  10451
Last modified St Angela Merici School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Angela Merici School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top