Bronx, NY

Ethical Culture Fieldston School 2

Posted February 23, 2014
Fieldston may be good for some people, but my experience there was nothing short of nighmarish. If you are a person who does not do well under extreme pressure about future, then BEWARE! in the middle of freshman year, we were given a sheet and told to write down what classes we wanted to take for the rest of high school. We were told 'it's never to early to think about college" and given prep books to help us start studying for the SATs during first semester freshman year. I am so thankful that I was able to get out.

Posted September 25, 2012
Fieldston Lower is one of the best elementary school in NYC. I tour all the top private school and Fieldston is the best. My daughter came from Public School and she loves Fieldston Lower. The head master is a real educator very involved in the school.

Ethical Culture Fieldston School 1

Posted June 07, 2011
I think this school is good academically but is extremely liberal and promotes a lot of ungodly secular and ahteists agendas-a bad news place to be.

Posted August 15, 2005
My son has been there for two years and he loves the school. He excels in all subjects, and is taught in a way that makes it fun for him. There is a lot of teacher involvement in my son't progress and there are conferences in which I get a report of everything he's working on and how he's doing in specific subjects. I am very confident that my son is getting a great education. There is also a newsletter which lets me know things that are happening within his school. There are many afterschool activities he can choose from like cartooning, sports, chess, etc.

Posted April 06, 2004
Our son found a very good match at Fieldston Lower. They use a hands-on core curriculum (a few topics per year encompassing all disciplines) with extensive use of in-class projects, library research and real world experiences. The special subjects (music, art, etc.) are all very good and occur frequently. There are several specialists available at all grades for reading and math support (including the principal and his asst.) The ethics is generally applied on the play grounds and discussed in class. The teachers are very supportive and work hard to understand and respond to the needs of each child. Complaints usually focus on the Head Master's office of the school and their lack of community/communication and on the ever increasing costs. The efforts at diversity seem more succeful in the lower grades than in the upper. Overall a good school.

Ethical Culture Fieldston School
3901 Fieldston Road, Bronx, NY  10471
Last modified Ethical Culture Fieldston School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Ethical Culture Fieldston School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top