9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Excellent all around education and prep school for life after mommy and daddy! All around environment from arts to sports to any after school activity imaginable with dedicated teachers willing to stay the late hours to develop students.

I graduated from this school in 2003. You get a very well rounded education at Fordham Prep. The Science, Math, History, and Music teachers were standouts in my opinion. They offer many Honors/AP courses, which helps when applying to College. Many of my classmates are still friends todday. The athletics are usually in the top tier of the CHSAA, depending on the sport. Football sometimes struggles but Hockey, LAX, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer, Baseball, and Track are usually strong.

Great teachers. Great sports program and coaches. Fantastic place to grow and develop into a responsible adult.

My son spent a miserable few years at the Prep till we pulled him out. Very negative and demoralizing environment. Many of the teachers and some administrators were quite officious , even mean. He is on the honor roll elsewhere. Glad for his sake that we made a change.

As an alum from the early 90's I still look back on my Prep experience as hugely influential in my personal and professional life. The environment is outstanding and condusive to learning and developing responsible, respectful young men. Definitely plan on sending my sons there. Do I wish the tuition was less? Of course. I see some negative comments are aimed at facilities. My priorities would be to retain well-compensated faculty and staff. I'm less concerned about paint jobs and new carpeting.

Worth every penny and then some. We don't regret sending our son and he is very happy with his experience. We've found the faculty to be very caring and engaging. The work is rigorous, without a doubt, but if you're not up for the challenge don't enroll here. There's something for everyone, not just jocks or brainiacs. I can't say enough positive things about the school.

If you value your son's education and your MONEY, you will NOT send your son to Fordham Prep. The facilities are dirty. The faculty can vary from useless to COMPLETELY useless to just plain mean and cruel. Think it will get your son into a good college? Well if you consider paying 17 grand a year to get your son into U of Scranton and Loyola, colleges public school kids get into with ease, than I guess its worth it. Sports teams are a joke. Oh, and don't forget the 70 hour service requirement. I've heard of criminals getting less hours for a sentence than this project (not to mention if you don't finish it, you don't graduate). All in all I hated this school and there is no way I would ever send my son here. Trust me, send him to a school like Riverdale Country School, Fieldston, or some boarding school. If your going to pay for school, than at least make it count, or just send him to public school. You can read all the other reviews of parents just bragging about how good the school is to make themselves feel better about wasting 17 grand a year, or you can take my advice, from someone who actually went through the misery of Fordham Prep, and CHOOSE ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL.

I graduated from Fordham Prep over a decade ago. Despite my expectations and perseverance, I regret to say going there was the worst 4 years of my life. Although the school was rigorous, the education and counseling I received was superficial. Overloading students with work and information without pointing out meaningful patterns is not my idea of a good education. Perhaps Fordham Prep is better now, but based on my experience, the school is overrated. But just don t take my word for it. Compared to other schools, including some whose tuition is less, Fordham Prep s list of famous alumni is unimpressive. For example, Cardinal Hayes can claim a NASA Astronaut and Super Bowl Champion (who plays for Pittsburg). Fordham Prep can make no such claim. Personally, I wished I had gone to Bronx Science or Brooklyn Tech. And this admission is a profoundly sad comment for me to have to make.

I attended the Prep, and took all honors and AP level coursework, including 4 years of Ancient Greek and 2 years of German. The faculty and staff treat the students incredibly well. I keep in contact with more than a few former teachers to this day. The academics are incredibly strong. After graduating from college (Fordham College at Rose Hill), and looking back on my education, I realized that the standout years for personal growth and true depth of educational experience were the years I spent at Fordham Prep. The commitment to growth in their students that every teacher brought to the classroom was amazing. Many teachers were (and still are) heavily involved in the extracurricular activities and sports as well. The skills that I developed while at the Prep had me head and shoulders above many of my peers at Fordham University. In particular, my critical reading and writing skills were honed to a significant degree by the many papers that I had to write throughout the year in most of my classes (including for math classes!). I am not exaggerating when I say that my 4 years at the Prep were among the best of my entire life, and that it was a truly amazing experience.

I attened the university, but the prep school was on campus, and I interacted with the studends on several occasions. They seemed to be bright and well taught and interested in the world.

Last modified Fordham Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12