Fordham Preparatory School 4

Posted January 12, 2013
As an alum from the early 90's I still look back on my Prep experience as hugely influential in my personal and professional life. The environment is outstanding and condusive to learning and developing responsible, respectful young men. Definitely plan on sending my sons there. Do I wish the tuition was less? Of course. I see some negative comments are aimed at facilities. My priorities would be to retain well-compensated faculty and staff. I'm less concerned about paint jobs and new carpeting.

Posted April 17, 2012
Worth every penny and then some. We don't regret sending our son and he is very happy with his experience. We've found the faculty to be very caring and engaging. The work is rigorous, without a doubt, but if you're not up for the challenge don't enroll here. There's something for everyone, not just jocks or brainiacs. I can't say enough positive things about the school.

Fordham Preparatory School 1

Posted March 21, 2012
If you value your son's education and your MONEY, you will NOT send your son to Fordham Prep. The facilities are dirty. The faculty can vary from useless to COMPLETELY useless to just plain mean and cruel. Think it will get your son into a good college? Well if you consider paying 17 grand a year to get your son into U of Scranton and Loyola, colleges public school kids get into with ease, than I guess its worth it. Sports teams are a joke. Oh, and don't forget the 70 hour service requirement. I've heard of criminals getting less hours for a sentence than this project (not to mention if you don't finish it, you don't graduate). All in all I hated this school and there is no way I would ever send my son here. Trust me, send him to a school like Riverdale Country School, Fieldston, or some boarding school. If your going to pay for school, than at least make it count, or just send him to public school. You can read all the other reviews of parents just bragging about how good the school is to make themselves feel better about wasting 17 grand a year, or you can take my advice, from someone who actually went through the misery of Fordham Prep, and CHOOSE ANOTHER HIGH SCHOOL.

Fordham Preparatory School 1

Posted March 08, 2012
I graduated from Fordham Prep over a decade ago. Despite my expectations and perseverance, I regret to say going there was the worst 4 years of my life. Although the school was rigorous, the education and counseling I received was superficial. Overloading students with work and information without pointing out meaningful patterns is not my idea of a good education. Perhaps Fordham Prep is better now, but based on my experience, the school is overrated. But just don t take my word for it. Compared to other schools, including some whose tuition is less, Fordham Prep s list of famous alumni is unimpressive. For example, Cardinal Hayes can claim a NASA Astronaut and Super Bowl Champion (who plays for Pittsburg). Fordham Prep can make no such claim. Personally, I wished I had gone to Bronx Science or Brooklyn Tech. And this admission is a profoundly sad comment for me to have to make.

Posted July 17, 2011
I attended the Prep, and took all honors and AP level coursework, including 4 years of Ancient Greek and 2 years of German. The faculty and staff treat the students incredibly well. I keep in contact with more than a few former teachers to this day. The academics are incredibly strong. After graduating from college (Fordham College at Rose Hill), and looking back on my education, I realized that the standout years for personal growth and true depth of educational experience were the years I spent at Fordham Prep. The commitment to growth in their students that every teacher brought to the classroom was amazing. Many teachers were (and still are) heavily involved in the extracurricular activities and sports as well. The skills that I developed while at the Prep had me head and shoulders above many of my peers at Fordham University. In particular, my critical reading and writing skills were honed to a significant degree by the many papers that I had to write throughout the year in most of my classes (including for math classes!). I am not exaggerating when I say that my 4 years at the Prep were among the best of my entire life, and that it was a truly amazing experience.

Fordham Preparatory School 4

Posted June 30, 2011
I attened the university, but the prep school was on campus, and I interacted with the studends on several occasions. They seemed to be bright and well taught and interested in the world.

Posted October 22, 2010
Academics comparable to "ivy"prep school;;location on university campus a huge plus,;religion not emphasized,making non Catholics comfortable;,debate, theater and sports the best at this level;somewhat immature discipline policy;prepared me well to compete at Vanderbilt University;made great friends at the Prep.Would do it again.

Fordham Preparatory School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
The teachers are amazing! My son actually likes going to school!! He never did before!

Posted March 30, 2010
My son is a junior at the Prep, and has had a fabulous experience at the school. He is participating in 2 varsity sports(ie Crew) one of which he would never have been able to take part in at a public school. Academically the school is very challenging, and any student will be well prepared for college. The students have a special camaraderie that I have never seen at other schools. The staff if helpful and very supportive of the boys as well as their families. Fordham Prep was the best decision that we ever made for our son...

Fordham Preparatory School 0

Posted December 24, 2009
My son is a sophmore. The school challenges the students and prepares them to excell on the collegiate level. Any parent will get their money's worth. Expect your son to be motivated by the competition.

Fordham Preparatory School
441 E Fordham Rd, Bronx, NY  10458
Last modified Fordham Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Fordham Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top