Bad
Good

I'm a 8th grader class of 2014 , I was in this school since kindergarden 2004 the teachers in this school really are helpful they really care about your grades, we respect our uniform policy. We respect our uniform policy, we have our consequences. In 7 and 8 grade they prepare you for high school and make a good high school choice and specially the regents for high school. I really recommend your child to come they help your child in their in their education. They will give your child full attention.

This really is a great school. The school allows parents to be involved in every aspect of their child's education. They offer extra help for struggling students, and teach in 2 languages. There is a lot of homework though.

I have a daughter that has attended ps 218 since kindergarden. She will be entering the 5th grade now in September and I find that she has done very well in this school. She's had great teachers from day one ( both spanish and english teachers). They do give alot of homework but if that's part of what is letting my daughter get 3's and 4's on her report cards and state exams, then that's fine with me. I support the uniform policy but sometimes they do get out of hand. Like an example was on the last day of school the children were expected to still wear their uniforms. I thought that was rediculous. But yes, I am very satisfied with the education that my daughter is getting in this school.

My child is currently and 8th grader in MS218. He was one of the first students to attend the school. I am very active in the school, he also attends the Wedco afterschool program. Thoughout the years my child has had some very good teachers here at 218 just to name a few Mrs. Bellemy, Ms. Mendez and he currently has a new teacher to the school name Mrs.Lonesome who is an excellent English teacher. Patricia Jospeh is the best. Academically I think the teachers try really hard, but then you get a student like my child who will just enough to get by what is the teacher suppose to do. I have really had very good feedback from all of my son's teachers since he started. I happy withthe school.

I used to teach homework help in the afterschool at this school before I went on to my master's in education and I have to say I do not agree with the other comment. This school's academics are frighteningly bad. It does not prepare students for competence in high school. One teacher, Ms. Finkelstein, stood out as excellent. My kids loved her. The other teachers' methods were confusing and backwards. They taught for memorization, not understanding. Some of them would insult kids to their faces. The school loses teachers quickly, too. The old principal was really mean. He didn't let the kids make any noise at all at lunch! He was more about punishing students than supporting them. Let's hope the new principal does a better job. I hear good things from the student I know who still goes there.

Last modified P.S. Is 218 Rafael Hernandez Dual Language Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.