Bronx, NY

Posted October 24, 2012
Our son entered this school half way into the school year in 2010. It's tough enough to leave your home but having to change schools, it was a double whammy for him. The schools staff members were supportive, understanding and helpful through the entire transition. No matter how long it took our son to adjust into his new school environment and make new friends, the school support was there. Well it s been almost two years since that transition and he is doing great. Academically he is getting high grades. The teachers are dedicated and complaisant towards teacher/parent communication, which we feel, is imperative when it comes to being an active parent in our child s education. How many parents can say that their child s teacher(s) is disposed to communicate frequently with parents? There are also plenty of activities during school and after school to keep children stimulated and focused, from sports, to games, to the arts. It is a well rounded out school and environment. It gets two thumbs up from us.

Posted March 08, 2012
Well Everyone is entitle to there opinion on M.S 390 in the Bronx. My opinion is the M.S 390x is an excellent middle school. All school have there ups and downs, But with that said we also have very supporting staff. I have four children and three of them choose this middle school and they graduated for M.S 390 to H.S with flying colors. We as parent have to remember that schooling begins at home.M.S 390x Teacher, Staff and Pricipal are understanding and caring people when a problem arising they handle it with Professionalism. M.S 390x Has a Parent Association, Parent Coordinator and does encourage parent participation. I am a parent volunteer for the pass few years and the doors are open to all parents. I recommend this school to any Parents looking for a middle school for their child. thumbs up M.S 390x Sincerely Elba

Posted December 19, 2011
Im in 8th grade and i used to not really like this school but now that im in 8th grade everything is changing! this school is getting WAY better and the chorus is phenomenal and so is the band. the basket ball team is great as well. They have games against other schools. they even have a volly ball team and a bowling team and baseball. if it was up to me in 5th grade i would not choose to go to this school but now i believe i would have this school in my top 2 for this area. Also, once you get to 8th grade you have the option of taking 2 regents classes and taking the test in June so you wont have to take it in 9th grade. they also have specialized high school prep course starting at 7th grade *(it's optional)* I love this school and M.S. 331 right down the block ! :)

Posted December 03, 2009
This school is the Best, Best teachers Ever, Great after School program... I love It.

Ms 390 1

Posted March 23, 2008

Ms 390 3

Posted October 18, 2007
I am in this school it's not a bad school and it has great teachers

Posted April 19, 2007
- a former student
I was a student of (P.S.26)M.S.390 from grades K-8th. My experience there I must say was a beautiful one.The academics were great, the staff treated the students like family, and the music program there helped with the skills we as students and growing adults need.Now that I am a graduating senior of High school and future college student I am glad to see that my former school is doing well and I am glad to say that I do Plan to give back in the future. -Articia Hendricks

Posted January 25, 2006

Ms 390 3

Posted August 27, 2005

Posted January 13, 2005
- a former student
I was a former student at M.S.390 and I think the school is a great schools. It has really improved over the nine years I was there. It is a great school. I would think it will be a great school to send your kids to every morning. The work that you do is advance (you learn many things before you get to high school) so your child will be prepared for high school and won't have to worry about a thing at all. I hope this school keeps up the good work and I wish them luck in everything that they do!

Ms 390
1930 Andrews Avenue South, Bronx, NY  10453
Last modified Ms 390 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ms 390 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top