Public charter
Bronx, NY

Family Life Academy Charter School 3

Posted December 02, 2014
The school is ok. It could be much better if people that worked for the school was welling to change certain things. For the staff members if your one of the favorites you can get great pay. If your not one to be favored believe me it will show in your salary. Teachers are not appreciated. Oh and it's one teacher in that school that should just work in a jail. She yells at students and staff members from the time she enters the building until the time she leaves to go home. On a better note it's teachers like the music,art and gym teachers that are amazing and the children enjoy being around. Also it was great teachers and assistant teachers that was either fired or resigned that was amazing and cared for the students but wasn't treated nicely. Mrs. Andrews, Mrs Rodriguez , Ms. Edwards, Ms Lozada , Ms. Gonzalez, Mrs Colon,Ms. Washington and Mrs. Santiago all was great teachers that worked or still work in the school. Overall it's people that work in FLACS that are intelligent, nice, hardworking and caring people. So happy that crazy Principal resigned because he was the cause of the school doing poorly and some amazing teachers leaving.

Posted June 10, 2014
FLACS IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL. As a Parent of an Eight Grade Graduate Student who attended FLACS since Kindergarden, I am honored to say that she attended and received the best elementrary education a child can get. Thanks to the amazing staff, faculty, teachers and guidance counselor not only did my daughter remain with an honor roll academic grade but she was also accepted to one of the best NYC High Schools.

Posted April 07, 2014
FLACS is unique in that it is family focused and addresses the needs of the child in all aspects.The school excels in addressing the needs of children whose first language is not English (ELLS). In addition to a rigorous curriculum that includes wellness, music, and art along with language arts, math, science, there is also a focus on nutrition. FLACS has a Chef who prepares well-balanced meals daily. There is an after school and Saturday program to support academics. Character development is at the core of FLACS. The Parents' Association is active and parents are offered fitness and English classes. Parents have a voice in the school's governance with active representation on the Board of Trustees. Graduates have traditionally been accepted into some of the best High Schools in the City. Teachers participate in weekly Professional Development sessions where they also have an opportunity to share best practices. Each class also has a teacher's assistant (TA).

Posted April 07, 2014
I absolutely love this school because they push the children to do their absolute best. They not only care about our children's education but also their values, health, and well being. They have a great healthy meal program that I am very grateful for because I know my child is not only getting quality education but also healthy meals to stimulate his mind and better prepare him for the task he has ahead of him everyday. This place is really like a family and I am sure my child is in good hands when he's there.

Posted April 07, 2014
I am the parent of two children at Family Life Academy Charter Schools, or as we affectionately call it FLACS. my first child graduated a few years ago and even though the program at the HS is challenging her experience at FLACS has prepared her to meet those challenges. My younger child will be graduating this year and I know that he will also meet the challenges at his new HS. I know that as a parent we know the strengths, challenges and character of our children and how important it is to help them mature in all areas. I believe this is what students and parents receive at FLACS. It is not just about preparing children for exams but preparing them for life. Also FLACS has helped me as a parent to be a part of their education even when a subject like math may be a challenge to me. I am grateful for the years that my children spent at FLACS, a place they felt safe at, were part of a community - not a community a family and one they will have wondeful memories to cherish. Thank you to all the faculty and staff that poured a little dash of something to their lives and mine.

Posted April 12, 2010
I am an intern at FLACS & i hands down to recommend this school to anyone because it gives everyone that 5 star education we all need to change our today and improve our tomorrow.

Posted October 22, 2009

Family Life Academy Charter School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
My child attends this great school since last year. He is now in first grade. I thank the lord he was taken out in the lottery. This school is great. The teachers are caring and treat parents and students like family. This school couldnt have a better principal then Mrs. Marilyn Calo. She has really high expectation for her students and school. I wouldn't give this school up for nothing in the world.

Posted March 16, 2009
My children have been attending FLACS since Kindergarten and both she and he are doing excellent academically and personally. As a father I am comfortable with the Teachers and Staff at the school and how involved they are with the children and parents. Ms. Calo, the Principal is very hands on and also has great expectations and goals for our entire FLACS families.

Posted January 23, 2009

Family Life Academy Charter School
14 W 170th St, Bronx, NY  10452
Last modified Family Life Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Family Life Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top