Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,089

Posted March 18, 2013
I attended this school when i was in kindergaden through 5th grade and i honestly can say they were the best 6 years of my school life. I still wish i can go back in time and live those years a little more. The teachers were great some of them showed tough love and were strict but it helped me. I'm now a senior in H.s and still live 2 blocks away I pass through the school every morning to take the bus to my H.S and I can say that its not the school who arent paying attention to the kids but also the parents. Dont motivate your kids I hear some young kids talking about wanting to cut school , It's a 50/50 responsibility when it comes to learning theres school to learn in then theres home training , and the ones i seen definately do not have home training. Maybe if as parents you would help your kids out and not depend on teachers to do everything like also helping the kids with the home work everything would be good. My step siblings are coming from DR this summer to live here in Ny and im trying to Convince my dad to enroll them in Ps.85 thats how much i love and enjoyed the school. Everytime i walk by its a trip to memory lane with a smile on my face

Posted October 22, 2012
I am extremely dissapointed at the way this school cares for its students education. I do not even think they are even following the curriculums and if they are, they are teaching poorly. As far as safety, there is a lot of bullying and fights because staff members rather ignore and turn their heads. Parents need to become more active when it comes to their childs learning. An educated society demands for a better quality of life, while an uneducated society will settle for mediocrity. It is up to us to make sure that the school performs at a standard level when it comes to education.

Posted June 25, 2012
ps.85 is the best school ever the kids get better ever day the staff is ok and my kids get the best since 1st -5th this year the move on to middle school with tears in the eye . <3

Ps 85 Great Expectations 4

Posted March 28, 2011
My name is of no importance but i am 17 years old. As a former student at Ps85, i was always the loner kid who no one really paid attention to but i can tell you the teachers in this school do(or did) care about their students very much. im not sure how the new teachers are now but back then it felt like a place away from home to call a home. Had great teachers like ms. kravitz and even mr. raia and ms. morey. i do agree that parents need to be more involved with their kids in this school which would increase the peace and learning environment by a great amount. i am now a senior about to graduate and head to culinary school. i never had any REAL issues but there were a few bumps in the road but what kid doesnt have that?

Posted February 26, 2011
i definetely LOVE this school . I went there for 3rd to 5th grade and left that school VERY HAPPY ! I wish i could return there because i love it soo much . I miss all my friends and teachers . But then i had to move :( I love being in the ghetto rough neighborhood a lot ! My name is Nelci Gonzalez and i was supposed to go to ms391 which they say is BAD but my cousin LOVES it . I LOVE BEING BROUGHT UP IN THE GHETTO , ITS JUST MT THING <3333

Posted November 16, 2010
my child attended this school for kindergarten, her teachers were great , However most of the students in this school are being brought up in a rough neighborhood and as a result violence is the solution to simple problems. i also believe that if parents were more involved in theirs kid progress the school would do so much better.

Posted September 24, 2010
it is great school my two daughters both graduated from there with smiles and great grades nd now my two sons are there

Posted July 28, 2010
This school is the worst by far!!! The children is a product of their ennviroment, therefore the Staff at PS85 don't take the children education seriouly like they should. My son and i are new to the area and he had to defend himself everyday from bullys in the 2ND grade. Smh this coming school year my son will return to private school. The parents arent envloved in their children education neither is the Board Of Ed. This school needs to be reported. NEW STAFF IS NEEDED ASAP

Ps 85 Great Expectations 0

Posted February 03, 2010
There are many teachers who are dedicated professionals. PS 85 is a very large school and has large class sizes. There does need to be more parental involvement to insure student progress. It cannot only fall upon each of the teachers; the accountability does need to fall upon parents as well.

Ps 85 Great Expectations 3

Posted November 23, 2009

Ps 85 Great Expectations
2400 Marion Avenue, Bronx, NY  10458
Last modified Ps 85 Great Expectations is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 85 Great Expectations Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top