The Bronx Guild 2

Posted January 14, 2013
My grandson is in the 10th grade and I am not happy with his success so far. I was surprised that the school tells the kids to find an internship but then does not give them any direction or suggestions! They are left to roam the streets on their own trying to find something. This has not worked for my grandson .He has too much free time on his hands!!! and not enough supervision. His grades ars suffering becasue he does not want to be in class after being out for a few days. This school is not for my grandson. He needs structure, direction, and discipline. I need to transfer him ASAP! Parents, please give me advice on how to do this. I would like to thank his group leader Bob very much for all f his work and effort with my grandson. Bob has gone over and above his responsibilitiesas a teacher, by calling every week, stopping by the house. He seems genuinely concerned for my grandson and his school work. Unfortunately, I feel I must transfer my grandson as soon as possible. IF there is any chance of him going to college/junior college, he needs more concentrated instruction on his work. He only has 2 years to "catch" up to the other "college ready"

Posted June 20, 2012
As a former student of this school I have to say this is one of the best school I've ever been to. The teachers have changed I've noticed since I have been there but this school was beyond what I had expected. I was transferred from a regular school to Bronx guild and it couldn't have been any better of a God send. I started doing really good the teachers were so patient with me and the issues I had. Very understanding. The school became like a family to me. All the teachers and staff were very supporting during my time and I honestly believe that I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did or graduate without there support. When a school this good has helped someone who had as much issues as I did, and I had a learning disability that left me feeling very frustrated especially in math. this school was ran they way a school should be ran. The principal was great which made this good as good as it is.

The Bronx Guild 3

Posted June 23, 2011
I Attend this school and as a student yes I have bonded with my crew leader I do love the freedom and Independence but my problem is that there's too much freedom. We earn our grades very easily its not that hard to catch up if your behind I also don't learn the basic things other high school students do, we are very behind in education and when it comes to regents they don't teach us the things we need they decide to do it last mintute I love my classmates and crew leader believe me but I seriously think this school needs to work more on the education us students are getting because most of us are very lost.

Posted June 08, 2009
I thnak God that my daugther chose to go to this school. I honestly feel that if she would have went to another school she would have probably been lost in the sytem. The classes are very intimate, the teachers are very professional (Stacy Lynn McCoy) when my daugther started in the 9th grade she called and came over to my house the 1st month that my daugther attended, gave me her cell #, and e-mail address. My daugther is in the 11th grade now and she is still with the same crew leader and the communication between her and I concerning my childs education is excellent!!!!

The Bronx Guild 4

Posted February 27, 2009
There are positive and negative responses, regarding the school. I personally believe that each individual student feel a sense of independence and accomplishment, while attending their internships and keeping up with their assigned task from their Crew Leaders. Although I always felt my daughter would accomplish some goals in life, she has certainly benefited from the support she has received from her mentors...Her Crew Leader 'Noel', surpasses the norm of what a Leader truly is..I appreciate her expertise, basically all the staff members are wonderful..Thank you, from a Mom M. Poventud

The Bronx Guild 1

Posted November 30, 2008

Posted April 15, 2005
This a truly a model school and program. From the Principal straight to the school aids. All are caring, concerned, understanding professionals. Bronx Guild HS should be the prototype for HS's of the future. Staff members are visionaries of alternative education. Their program encompasses education and experience, teaching their students how the real world works and allowing them to experience it for themselves.

The Bronx Guild
1980 Lafayette Avenue, Bronx, NY  10473
Last modified The Bronx Guild is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Bronx Guild Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top