Bronx, NY

Urban Assembly School For Careers In Sports 5

Posted August 04, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! It offers so many great Sports Programs. I just wish they would add more AP Classes and a variety of more teachers. I believe Johani (the Principal) works extremely well with the kids and is always trying to get more parents involved. The staff are very understanding and work well to aid many of the students to be their best. The iMentor program is absolutely wonderful. I also wish they offered more programs like foreign exchange to open the horizons for many of the underprivileged kids to have better scope of the world and greater opportunities.

Urban Assembly School For Careers In Sports 1

Posted June 11, 2012
We recently moved to NYC & because my children were sophmores, they didn't have a lot of choices. They picked this school because it offered programs geared to different industries within the sports field i.e. sports medicine, etc. The school is nice, however, the programs they glorified on all the NY ed websites are not available because of funding issues. It's a sports school and they dont even have a weight room. My kids have gotten a handful of tests most of them which have been take home. This school does not teach. I think the staff is friendly and helpful but honestly I would take a rude staff over my kids not learning anything. The school does have an array of sports to choose from, but are limited with the classes. There is no hardly any AP classes, no languages beyond 2nd year Spanish, and no real tests. My kids have yet to write a paper for any of their classes and they are sophmores in high school!!! They also do not have money to send the kids home with texts, so studying is done from review sheets. I am very disappointed in this school. It is an example of how we are teaching the test. On paper great school but it s not beneficial to eager college bound students.

Urban Assembly School For Careers In Sports 5

Posted October 13, 2005
I am a student that goes to the Academy for Careers in Sports. I am n the 11th grade and so far my experience their has been great because the teacher and staff actually enjoy working their and helping the student slike me get into collge

Urban Assembly School For Careers In Sports
730 Concourse Village West, Bronx, NY  10451
Last modified Urban Assembly School For Careers In Sports is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Urban Assembly School For Careers In Sports Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top