Bronx, NY

Posted September 18, 2013
My child has attended Discovery High School, this is my child's 3rd year. I have had te pleasure of meeting many of the excellent teachers that have taught my child. The Parent Coordinator (Ms.K.Sanchez) is an oustanding individual. Ms. Chase is awesome at what she does and loves the children. The three biggest complaints I have is the tolerance level/consequences for their students putting their hands on other students. " No detention, no suspension, no consequences". The second issue is the hanging out in front of the walton campus. Most of the securities spent their time gossiping with each other or arguing with each other, rather than clearing the hanging out to prevent problems. The third issue is the lack of involvement from the principal. He walks around without acknowledging parents. I had attended three Parent Association meetings, Orientation and events and he has walked by like nothing. It is sad to see how this Principal lacks people's skills, manners, and appreciation to parents presence. Overall, excellent school for students to advance as long as parents are involved.

Posted June 17, 2013
This school is great, though it changes, and most changes are based off the behavior of the 100th of students, which is terrible :/. Other than that, the staff is very welcoming and friendly to talk with, the teachers are Great at their job( just that most students don't see that), and the environment is pretty clean(just that most students tend to abuse it by littering like it's their business).

Posted September 09, 2012
My daughter attended Discovery High School for her junior and senior years, after immigrating from Jamaica. She graduated this year and is now enrolled in college. The small school setting was supportive; the teachers, guidance counselors, student coordinator, and the principal were actively involved in my daughter's schooling. The faculty is vested in the education, the safety and well-being, and social and emotional development of the students. The small atmosphere of Discovery High also promote a family like atmosphere, where everyone of the faculty identify with the students and parents on a personal level. If you are a parent who is interested in the educational, social, and emotional development of your child; a safe schooling environment, and supportive faculty, Discovery High is the school for your child..

Posted August 20, 2012
Discovery HIgh School is one of the best high schools I'm aware of in The Bronx. My granddaughter started here in 2008 and during her years here, I've seen her grown immensely. Discovery has a great staff and faculty who are family oriented having a main focus on student academic improvement and personal growth. Each year the graduation rate has gone up as well as the number of Advanced Regent's Diplomas attained. They have really attained their goals set forth which were to motivate the students to graduate with a higher level of education that I have personally witnessed being a member of the Parent Association and the School Leadership Team (SLT). V. King, Parent

Discovery High School 3

Posted August 17, 2012
My son is entering his sophomore year at Discovery. Although I try to be involved as much as I can, I feel that I am too new to the school to rate it. I will be more involved this year as part of the Parent Association team therefore, at some point in the school year I will update my rating. For the most part, I can say for sure that the staff are very good with communicating with the parents and I look forward to this upcoming school year.

Posted June 30, 2010
This School is Very Safe And i Trust All The Teacher i Love it x3.

Discovery High School 1

Posted November 19, 2009

Posted July 02, 2009

Posted February 10, 2007

Discovery High School
2780 Reservoir Avenue, Bronx, NY  10468
Last modified Discovery High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top