Bronx, NY
Students enrolled: 1,379

Posted January 30, 2014
I am a parent of my child who has been attending this school for quite sometime. I have had the worst experience any parent can imagine and would never desire any parent to go through what my child and myself have been through. This staff may act like professionals but at the end of day they have no interest for the education and making our children strive to success. My child has an IEP and they say they are willing to work with him and myself as the a parent involved. But I believe they do not have the knowledge or strengths to work with kids with special needs. They label these children as troubled kids who will not succeed. I have fought many battles and will continue to fight them because I believe my child will succeed with them or without. Its sad that as parent we have to be hurt by staff that we leave our children too 5 days a week and know how to manipulate situations. I just pray that my child will get the services he needs I am very disgusted and disappointed with the whole situation. No matter how much a parent is involved is not good enough for them. Its a shame how certain things fall through the cracks.......

Posted October 02, 2012
I am a mother of 3, which my oldest just moved on to high school. My middle son is in the 5th grade and has an amazing teacher. There are many ups and downs at the school.....I have been an involved parent for 3 years....this will be my fourth. Out of all the time I have been with my children at this school there are only a small handful if that who attend PTA meetings. The school is over crowded no doubt about this.....but with the help of teachers and staff things go smoothe.....There needs to be more parent involvement!! It is really sad that the only time a parent decides to show up is to complain about something, why not show up just to see what you can do to help???? Hmmmmm, something for you mom and dads to ponder upon.

Posted September 30, 2012
Worst school ever. All the faculties are rude the principal spend too much time punishing students that she forgot to notice the LOW GRADUATION RATE ...Teachers plays their favorites and they accept hundreds of students at the beginning then start transferring them to another school after few months due to over crowd. Don't even give a proper notice just send a letter by child and says don't come tomorrow.

Posted September 06, 2012
First I want to start by saying that this whole school itself is very crowded for the simple fact reason cause they want money.the principal DO NOT care for the students aducation,Ever since they change the male principal to the female principal this school went down & the students are failing.the teachers are not satisfied so they do what ever they want,my son is 8 yrs old & he was denied by the teacher,the principal & the parents coordinator to use the bathroom.my son was tearing begging to use the bathroom while in line & they decide to ignore him. I myself as a parents asked the staff & the parent coordinator may my son Please use the bathroom & she told me no with an attitude,i begged her can i take my son myself to use the bathroom & she told me no,While she saw my son crying.Some teachers in this school do not have experience or certification to teach these students.The only thing that the principal cares about is her appearance,the school only have like 4 responsible teachers who really cares for the students & their education,so please if you are planning to put your kid in this school PLEASE think twice,Dont be fooled by the outside & their fake smiles.Protect your child

Posted March 06, 2012
The school is lacking in many different areas: most of the Teachers here do not hold yet their certification.The principal here is a dictator... and handle her leadership in that way....They have many programs here for students that are failing because the school did not do their job to teach our kids in the first place! . Expect to have a express lunch! Some programs like music art or sport are only for those student who parents are in the" PARENT ASSOCIATION OR ARE THE PRINCIPAL FOLLOWERS" The PTA always having been hand pick by the leaders of this school with sometimes exceptions like very few times and when this happen be prepare because the school environment for that parent will turn very harsh and so unhealthy that you will wish you never have enter it. Warning if you do challenge or question the principal here or a teacher or PTA or the Parent coordinator. Finally if a school wants their students to excel they will do this by offering teachers that have their qualifications.

Posted February 13, 2009

Ps Ms 194 0

Posted October 08, 2008
The school has dedicated and professional teachers. I am extremely to work at a school that tries to put the needs of the children first! The environment is very clean, the teachers are always challenged to grow professionally, the children are taught discipline through positive behavior reinforcement, and the teachers really care about the students! The only problem is that the school is so good that every parent in the neighborhood wants their child to attend...that is why it is overcrowded!

Posted April 19, 2008

Posted April 14, 2008

Ps Ms 194 5

Posted March 11, 2008

Ps Ms 194
2365 Waterbury Avenue, Bronx, NY  10462
Last modified Ps Ms 194 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Ms 194 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top