Bronx Aerospace High School 3

Posted August 19, 2011
I as a current student disagree with many of the reviews. All the teachers in the school are good teachers. The kids don't give them a chance to teach. A lot of the kids in the school are from other countries, many of them can barely speak English so instead of trying to learn they just give up. Captain Kirk is a great leader, people judge her to soon without getting to no her. The schools staff is great its just the students that's the only problem.

Posted August 05, 2011
this school blows!!! the principal is a joke!! i feel bad for my kid whos about to go here!!

Bronx Aerospace High School 4

Posted May 26, 2010
I have only good things to say about the principal of this great School and their teachers and staff. They try to help the students in every way they need, giving them great opportunities to grow and achieve their goals. They have an Honors Program, they have a very challenging curriculum, they have wonderful teachers and a new staff ready to help the students. Unfortunately, the behavior of some students are very inappropiate. That is the main problem of this school, but that is not a school problem. I know for a fact that the Principal is a great person who tries to do her best every day to help ALL the students, including the ones that are really a curse for the School and for themselves. I know personally almost all the teachers in my son's grade and I can assure you that they are very professional.

Bronx Aerospace High School 0

Posted April 08, 2010
How can you rate this school when the principle Miss Kewig has no compassion in motivating the students or her staff to do nothing but follow her unrealistic path, which only entails her traits of me, me,me, mine, my way, and i'm in charge attitude. This has to be the reason the Air Force ROTC program vacated the school. Who can cooperate or tolerate with someone so self absorbed and exhibits childhood playground bullism towards her staff and the students; and even parents' who are probably so afraid of loosing or being reprimended for their jobs by Miss Kewig during these tough economic times, they have no choice but to remain silent while conforming to her unprofessional ways. In my opinion Miss Kewig is just taking up space like an empty chair thats lost it's usefulness. The Bronx Aerospace High School is in need of new leadership, now.

Posted April 07, 2010
This school has apparently changed their uniforms again...., and guess what they are more expensive than the military ones they've had. Captain, as the principal has been referred to by the student's, is now trying to pull more money out of our pockets, and can't even do a good job directing this school herself as well as some of her staff .

Bronx Aerospace High School 5

Posted December 19, 2009

Posted December 17, 2009

Bronx Aerospace High School 5

Posted July 15, 2008

Posted March 19, 2008
What an awful school! The lack of dicipline and poor attitude of the students does not lead you to believe that this is an entire Air Force Jr. ROTC school. The principal has removed more than half of the students from the JROTC program because they won't wear their unforms. There have been no graduates in the school that have been able to achieve the minimum ASVAB score of 44 to enter the Air Force. The highest score by any student has been a 14. The graduation rate is high because you are not allowed to fail any student, even if they do no work. Cooperate and Graduate, that's the motto from the students. The student review is correct, the principal has favorites and the rest that can't make it get forced out. We teach our students to pass a Regents exam, nothing more.

Bronx Aerospace High School 2

Posted March 05, 2008
The one thing that made my experience at this school worth while is the simple fact that I had such a close relationship with my graduating class. This school has a lot of severe problems that need to be worked out, involving treatment of the students by certain staff members. Also, some dedicated teachers made High School life a little easier, but a lot of things are being left out of all these reviews regarding this school. I am now an Alumni and have since grown to understand the hardships of my HS however, it leaves no excuse for the racism and other events that occured in this school. It saddens me when I hear stories by the students attending there now and how miserable they truly are despite the so called 'order and fair treatment' we were all supposed to experience. I do not recommend this school to anyone.

Bronx Aerospace High School
800 E Gun Hill Rd, Bronx, NY  10467
Last modified Bronx Aerospace High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bronx Aerospace High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top